Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Cowboys - The battle for the last spot in the division!

zCommander

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So....a 3rd string Center is starting? Sheesh.

Wentz has worked with him before so hopefully he doesn't need to tap on his ass to snap the ball preventing the opposing D from seeing when the ball is snapped and in turn giving our OL more leverage and time.

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

This game is going to be another sad example of where this team/organization is at (and has been for the better part of 3 decades).   I expect Dallas to get to Carson often.  He is already the most sacked QB in the league and now we go against the defense leading the league in sacks.  Eagles have a better secondary than Dallas does but it won't matter.  We can't run the ball and we now seemingly can't get the ball to any of our three WRs.  Well at least not till garbage time.

I have a feeling we see TH in this game.  Carson is due for an injury with the abuse he will be taking and this very expensive one year rental will look even worse as he battles injuries for the rest of the season.  Our talent level is below average across the board with the exception of punter and receiver.  The talent of the coaching staff is on par with the below average ability of the players.

But hey... we get to see the team in their new ugly black unis that resemble a bad copy of the Steelers and we have a new dog/hog mascot named EZ.  Yay.  Ill be watching like I always do wondering why.  

Sell the team Dan.  For the love of God sell.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

This game is going to be another sad example of where this team/organization is at (and has been for the better part of 3 decades).   I expect Dallas to get to Carson often.  He is already the most sacked QB in the league and now we go against the defense leading the league in sacks.  Eagles have a better secondary than Dallas does but it won't matter.  We can't run the ball and we now seemingly can't get the ball to any of our three WRs.  Well at least not till garbage time.

I have a feeling we see TH in this game.  Carson is due for an injury with the abuse he will be taking and this very expensive one year rental will look even worse as he battles injuries for the rest of the season.  Our talent level is below average across the board with the exception of punter and receiver.  The talent of the coaching staff is on par with the below average ability of the players.

But hey... we get to see the team in their new ugly black unis that resemble a bad copy of the Steelers and we have a new dog/hog mascot named EZ.  Yay.  Ill be watching like I always do wondering why.  

Sell the team Dan.  For the love of God sell.

We will see what the coaches think on who is active. If they haver Taylor and Howell active then they will be putting Wentz on a short leash or preping for him to get blasted

59 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Howell will never be active unless Taylor is hurt or Carson is injured/benched.

I wouldn't be so sure, might be early for now, but sometime in November I would not be surprised, especially if the team is trending out of any kind of contention.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I wouldn't be so sure, might be early for now, but sometime in November I would not be surprised, especially if the team is trending out of any kind of contention.

If the team is out of contention and they decide to look at Howell; that means Wentz has been benched.

So we are both correct.  If this season is shot, I definitely want us to see what Howell has. To do that, though you would be benching the $28 million dollar qb.

If the team has a coaching change in 23/24, everything is moot. The new coach and gm, will turn over the roster to their liking. Unknown which players would survive in the new era. Of course, the first thing they would do is is find a qb and that wouldn’t necessarily be Howell.

After half time, the game is so lopsided that Dallas sits Cooper Rush an put in their 3rd sting QB..whoever the heck that is. Will there be a safety in this game? We shall see.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Howell will never be active unless Taylor is hurt or Carson is injured/benched.

I hope Howell doesn't see the field this season. Not with our offensive Offensive line. Why risk his health. Let him sit and learn for now.

• Like 1

Commanders will lose and Coach Ron will say the same stuff he says after every loss.

The players will start to tune out the coaches after this game.

Many fans will start doing other things than watch the games after this loss.

Some fans will actually destroy some of their tv's to help deal with their anger.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Many fans will start doing other things than watch the games after this loss.

You might be about a decade and a half late with this prediction.

Reminds me of the Zorn or Spurrier years.

At this point they should play the team formerly known as the Redskins games on Saturday morning with the cartoons.

First series play calling. 

Gibson up the gut for loss of 1. Trying to run more you know to not expose the hOLe.

2nd and 11. Quick slant to Terry who is blanketed/Batted Ball. Need to get him involved early moar but they know the call is coming.

3rd and 11. Quick throwaway out of bounds after Micah is unblocked on a stunt we never saw coming - Punt.

That all said the games and every series are completely unpredictable. This is the kind of game we can win. Turner needs to account for Micah. Its not just via double teams. Get Carson out of the pocket we already know won't exist. MAX Protect and sneak out one of our 4 TEs. Run Gibby wide and not straight at him.

And dammit JDR attack Cooper F'in Pass Rush don't coach scared of a backup QB and leave our DBs on an island to get confused. Attack him and press man to start the game - try for a sack fumble. Worst that can happen is we are down 7-0 which we will be, regardless. Its time to use the DBs and Jamin to their strengths - aggressiveness. Make their OC scrap their game plan.

Clearly I hate how easy its been to game plan vs our JDR base defense to start games and early in every drive. He's been a little more unpredictable but F all that BE predictable and attack head Rush and live with it for a week. Its time to help our woeful OL and try for a shutout/TOs vs always trying to control bleeding.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Redskins/Cowboys games were pretty much always the default go to TV game over here in England. Sign of the times that we’ve got the Jags game today instead.

Jags have the potential to turn things around in one season and become a playoff team. The afc south isn’t that strong this year; so if the jags can go 4-2 in the division, they have a good shot.

If the nfl wants to grow the game, overseas has to get the better games and not losers like the Commies.