Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Cowboys - The battle for the last spot in the division!

zCommander

On 9/26/2022 at 1:11 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Agreed. I can’t reasonably pick a W until they prove they can go on a winning streak. 

teams go on 6, 7, even 8 game winning streaks every year. When was the last time this sad excuse of a franchise had more than a 4 game winning streak? 2012? It’s been TEN YEARS!!! TEN!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

We should've had 8 in a row in 2016. After starting 0-2, we won 4 straight, then went ahead by 4 vs Det with a minute left, only to let Stafford rip down the field. Then the next week was in London vs Cincy, and I think Hopkins missed a chip shot that would've won it and we tied. Then two more home wins. Going 6-1-1 in 8 games was the high point of the Gruden era, especially after winning the division the prior year. Then it all went to pieces.

As for this game, the team has to be pissed about not only the past two weeks, but also getting embarrassed by Dallas twice last year, particularly down there. No idea how they respond. I'll pick them because why not.

They could get back to .500 and this not feel so bad...

Hoping this is all hands on deck to save season mode, they go down swinging, is what it is.

But a blowout jus starts the clock for the inevitable...and I can see that too because I've seen that before.

Need more time and quotes to see where their head at.  I don't sense desperate yet, I don't like that.

Edited by Renegade7

This isn't a good matchup, best pass rushing team versus the team that gave up the most sacks.

If we had Robinson, I'd like this matchup more.   The obvious thing for us to do is to run the ball to slow the pass rush.  Gibson IMO seems to have lost his mojo, so I think Dallas stuffs him and then tees off on Wentz.

Dallas 27 Commanders 17. 

I think though we likely win the next two after this.   But I think the sky is falling theme reigns through next week.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I like this match up a lot better than the Eagles. Their secondary isn't great, so as long as we can get the ball out quick, we should be able to move the chains all day.

Our defense is better than their offense. 

I think our O gets back on track and the D keeps playing well.

35-13 Us.

• Like 1

I sure hope Rivera, Turner, Matsko, and/or someone makes some changes to the oline and comes up with a good gameplan. Obviously you can't beat any team if your oline is putrid. Which it has been for most of the season so far. Can't run the ball, can't pass the ball.  Definitely can't score many points. I'm gonna pray for a miracle and say Washington beats Dallas 30 - 28. 

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like this match up a lot better than the Eagles. Their secondary isn't great, so as long as we can get the ball out quick, we should be able to move the chains all day.

Our defense is better than their offense. 

I think our O gets back on track and the D keeps playing well.

35-13 Us.

Little early to be drinking on a weekday isn't it KB?

• Haha 2

I already predicted a loss for us earlier in this thread, but check out these results when Dan Quinn coached defenses go head to head against Ron Rivera coached teams:

Quinn as DC in Seattle and Rivera as HC in Carolina with Mike Shula as his OC:

2013- Seattle - 12 Carolina - 7

2014- Seattle- 13 Carolina- 9

2014- Playoffs- Seattle- 31 Carolina- 17

Quinn as HC in Atlanta and Rivera as HC with Mike Shula still as his OC in Carolina:

2015- Atlanta- 0 Carolina- 38

Atlanta- 20 Carolina-13 (Carolina's only loss in the regular season in 2015)

2016- Atlanta- 48 Carolina- 33

Atlanta- 33 Carolina- 16

2017- Atlanta- 17 Carolina- 20

Atlanta- 22 Carolina- 10

Quinn as HC in Atlanta and Rivera as HC in Carolina with Norv Turner now as his OC

2018- Atlanta- 31 Carolina- 24

Atlanta- 24 Carolina- 10 

Quinn as HC in Atlanta and Rivera as HC in Carolina with Norv and Scott turner now co OC's:

2019- Atlanta- 29 Carolina- 3 

Rivera was fired as HC in Carolina before 2nd meeting in 2019

Quinn as DC in Dallas and Rivera as HC in Washington with Scott Turner as OC

2021- Dallas- 27 Washington- 20

Dallas- 56 Washington- 14

That's 2-12 by my count and more importantly, 0-5 under the Turner's offense.

This is not going to go well for us my brothers.

• Thanks 1