Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For all of Scott’s creativity, it’s absolutely mind boggling that he spent all week coming up with this script, with absolutely zero answers for if and when the Eagles pin their ears back and attack the LOS.

We hired Norv Turner's son.  What did we expect?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If we lose next week we need to bench Wentz so that he doesn't cost us a second round pick.

If he fails to start a certain number of games the Colts get our third rounder rather than another second next year.

That second round pick is going to be gold in next year's super stocked draft.

Its probably fails to play in. If it’s starts you start someone else every week for 1 play. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For all of Scott’s creativity, it’s absolutely mind boggling that he spent all week coming up with this script, with absolutely zero answers for if and when the Eagles pin their ears back and attack the LOS.

Yeah this 100%,  creativity is great, but what is even better is a coordinator understanding the players on the field and how they match up with the opponent and designing a scheme to attack their weaknesses.  I can spot Turner a drive or two, but after that there was zero excuse for not switching things up with shorter quicker passes to setup shorter 2nd/3rd down yardage.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

lolololol. Truly pathetic……..and we are all pathetic for watching. Yes, each and every one of us. 

Speak for yourself, what's pathetic is being asked to watch this as some form of loyalty test. 

The fan base is last thing that should be called out for this bs, we are almost extinct for a reason and it hasn't changed diddly squat on the field...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Wentz held the ball too long a few times, but I don't know how you can see the O-line basically laying down for the Eagles pass rush and act like Wentz is the issue.  He barely has any time to throw the ball yet Scott Turner keeps throwing 7 step drops over and over.

When he did have time he crapped his pants with inaccurate throws.  He also is incapable of short, quick passes.  he’s not a fit for a team that can get some pressure with 4 and drop LBs and d-backs to keep everything in front of them.  Were you not watching?  But yes, there’s blame to go around.  Turner has done a piss poor job of play calling.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

The WRs in this league are just way better than the DB’s. That’s just how it is. Yes, the rules contribute to that—of course. But the 30-40th best WR or worse in this league can pop off and have a career day against any DB other than maybe the top few—and even those few exceptional guys have incredibly short career peaks as “shutdown corners”. You just need to be able to outgun other teams in this league, and make their QB eat dirt or make mistakes. Because modern receivers in the NFL will eat you alive given enough time and a certain baseline level of QBing anywhere on a scale from competent to excellent. 

This what I’ve resigned to on defense as well. I’d build to be dynamic at DL and attempt to opportunistic, young/fast, and cheap in the secondary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Complete mismatch on the field and more disappointingly in coaching. Worse still, we have a **** name and **** uniforms to go with it. Sad times.

I know it sucks not having a team but you should try it.  It isn't so bad.

Just now, TChaler70 said:

Its his playmaking abiilty under duress that slow mo Gumby doesnt have.

No, he doesn't have any more of that than Wentz does. Heinicke would be buried alive by this pass rush. They aren't even blitzing much at all; their front 4 are terrorizing our OL all by themselves.

The only thing putting Heinicke in would accomplish is basically taking out another whole section of the playbook because he doesn't have the arm to make the throws.

• Like 1

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Yeah this 100%,  creativity is great, but what is even better is a coordinator understanding the players on the field and how they match up with the opponent and designing a scheme to attack their weaknesses.  I can spot Turner a drive or two, but after that there was zero excuse for now switching things up with shorter quicker passes to setup shorter 2nd/3rd down yardage.

I feel bad for Wentz right now, folks want to pile on him right now but Turner has done him no favors in threat of this pass rush.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Our team sucks.  I expected a beat down today.  Need new coaches and new radio commentators too. Need New owner too..new stadium with new owner.

I used to listen to radio and watch the game this radio team is awful