Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

It's week 3 but we are in week 1040+ of our QB search.  Curious how many have confidence in Wentz as our long term solution. If it's "lets wait and see" that's a no for right now. Regardless our OL was toast - yesterday was not about Wentz.

I was not and am not calling for Heiny nor a QB change but here's more from my QB201 theory class. A QB CAN be benched for a drive and then play the next drive and do well. Or benched for the 4th quarter in a blowout to save him from getting injured / save him for the rest of the season. As long as its for a reason that makes sense to them.  I think its a myth that it self destructs the QB and team permanently for a QB to miss a series. I know some may think they are god but its those types that need to face reality and learn they are not. The worlds best pitchers get yanked.

Anyone that thinks NFL coaches always know best must wonder why coaching has changed. Out of no where coaches now go for it on 4th down all over the field all game long. Use defensive timeouts aggressively to get the ball back and eek out an extra drive to close the half. Go for 2 because a mathematician said they should ignore what they did their entire careers which is to not be scared of a tie game. Why punters suddenly don't punt out of the back of the endzone religiously.  Why coaches now let QBs run the ball vs try to change them ALL into pocket passers. Why coaches don't run on first down every time. Defer vs receive. 

Poor Lenny

Image Gallery of Sonny Jurgensen | NFLPastPlayers.com

Wentz was benched for Hurts and that hurt his feelings and wanted to be traded. Ron is a class act guy. He has a heart. He is not going to do that to Wentz...lol

On 9/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, mistertim said:

Tell me which specific players we would have brought in for $28 million. That sort of money is mostly going to get you one or two decent FA signings, probably no studs. Would those two guys have been able to make up for an overall atrocious OL, or crap secondary, or crap LB corps?

Heinicke can't run the whole playbook because he doesn't have the tools to do so. It's obvious to pretty much everyone that he's not a starting caliber NFL QB. So we'd bring in a couple of extra rando FAs and then have a QB who would not only be running for his like most likely, but who also would have to have the play book pared down to fit  what he's capable of doing.

It has less to do with whether Wentz is $28 million better than Heinicke, and more to do with Wentz actually being a legit NFL starter. Heinicke isn't. He's a pure backup for spot duty in case of injury. And he's fine in that role. But nothing more than that.

I agree with you. But TH did better than i expected last year. I dont see the carson experience panning out and the picks and money saved would have allowed the team to keep  some of the ol they let leave and sign a real guard in free agency.(if ron would do that )

On 9/26/2022 at 12:16 PM, DJHJR86 said:

What are you talking about?  I said Wentz isn't the guy and the fans are going to realize that quicker than the fans in Indy.  It has nothing to do with going to Heinicke.  He can be inactive, cut, traded, for all I care.  

Did people ever really think Wentz WAS the guy though?

I mean he had potential if he lived up to his previous abilities. But we didn’t get him and have every fan saying, “we have our franchise QB!”

We got a middle of the road NFL QB who has days of top 5 play and days of bottom 5 play. He is who we thought he was. Anyone that thought he was better or worse was/is fooling themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:22 PM, Old Blue said:

Look I understand Dan Snyder is stupid and crass and perhaps the worst owner in the league. But i gave up hating on him a long time ago, simply because I see it as an unproductive activity. I would like to see how we can win in spite of Dan Snyder. Or if than can even be done.

I'd put it right up there with the chances of pigs flying despite their not having wings.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched bits and pieces of the Eagles-Commanders game on TV before I had to go to work, it was just pathetic.  Even when Washington was making plays of positive yardage, you could hear cell phones going off on the sidelines and in the stands.

Later on, I went on YouTube and looked up the 1983 matchup of the same two teams at RFK Stadium. The difference was like night and day!  Summerall and Madden had to raise their voices just to be heard over the crowd noise.