Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

There is 0 chance Heinicke was coming back as starter this year. I don't get why people don't accept that. It simply wasn't happening. 

Who says people dont accept that. My only point is that unless this team wins 2-3 more games than last season the cost of carson  is unaceptable .

2 million a year For a qb that can win 5-8 games a year or 

30 million for a qb that can win 8-11 games .

and now it looks like carson cant drag the team to more wins than a qb without an nfl arm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

A new stadium would give the fans a better experience. More amenities and such. And maybe more would show up. It might not be agents that are against playing here.....It might be the players themselves.

Like telling a guy with stage four colon cancer he should watch what he eats. Who cares. Every single seat in the stadium could be filled with a loud, enthusiastic Washington fan and even in that fantasy scenario it might be worth ~3-6 points a week. It changes nothing. You’re delusional. You sound like someone who came here from 2008. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, Skintime said:

What have you seen in his ownership that makes it seem that we will ever win with him being the owner?

I see for a lot of fans, him being the sole excuse for not winning. Instead of an aversion for building a team from the ground up.

2 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

I see for a lot of fans, him being the sole excuse for not winning. Instead of an aversion for building a team from the ground up.

…who do you think is responsible for this? You’re SO close to a breakthrough here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

Like telling a guy with stage four colon cancer he should watch what he eats. Who cares. Every single seat in the stadium could be filled with a loud, enthusiastic Washington fan and even in that fantasy scenario it might be worth ~3-6 points a week. It changes nothing. You’re delusional. You sound like someone who came here from 2008. 

I'm betting a troll, or Snyder

Edited by Skintime
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

…who do you think is responsible for this? You’re SO close to a breakthrough here 

Look I understand Dan Snyder is stupid and crass and perhaps the worst owner in the league. But i gave up hating on him a long time ago, simply because I see it as an unproductive activity. I would like to see how we can win in spite of Dan Snyder. Or if than can even be done.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Conn said:

A stadium that has better accessibility and location will bring more fans to the stadium. A lot of fans don't go because of that and have said so as well. Build a better house and more fans will come. Keep a ****ty hole with overcharging for refreshments and no one will. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Who says people dont accept that. My only point is that unless this team wins 2-3 more games than last season the cost of carson  is unaceptable .

2 million a year For a qb that can win 5-8 games a year or 

30 million for a qb that can win 8-11 games .

and now it looks like carson cant drag the team to more wins than a qb without an nfl arm

We don't know that yet. We've only played three games. Last I checked its still September.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

A stadium that has better accessibility and location will bring more fans to the stadium. A lot of fans don't go because of that and have said so as well. Build a better house and more fans will come. Keep a ****ty hole with overcharging for refreshments and no will. 

Now that's the way everyone should think. Nothing more disappointing than looking out and seeing a bunch of empty seats. Or in the case of today almost half of the crowd dressed in green.

• Like 1

I didn't see the game due to work but so far I haven't been upset I'm missing games this year. Watching the highlights, I guess the D played as well as it could especially in the 2nd half idk if that translates to next time we meet em. Its just rough watching Jax rookie 1st rounder go off on us, then Hutchinson goes for 3 sacks, now Philly with 9 today but watching a lot of those sacks I felt was on Carson but maybe guys weren't getting open.. Maybe that's what our Dline would look like if we had a secondary. And all I keep hearing in tweets and PFF etc is our Dline wins 60% of their 1 v 1's which is upper echelon in the NFL yet it translates to nothing on the field.. We don't have days like Philly had today..  Jamin looks like he had a day..

This division looks like Phillies to lose and I guess we'll be battling out with Dallas for cellar dweller. which will mean changes are gonna have to happen if even with the team mostly healthy we're no better than Dallas without their QB.. That's beyond depressing.. But who knows maybe things will be different by the end of October..

16 minutes ago, zCommander said:

A stadium that has better accessibility and location will bring more fans to the stadium. A lot of fans don't go because of that and have said so as well. Build a better house and more fans will come. Keep a ****ty hole with overcharging for refreshments and no one will. 

The cost of parking alone keeps me away.....the experience is just not worth what it costs.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

I would like to see how we can win in spite of Dan Snyder. Or if than can even be done.

Dude, you've just watched 23 years of Wile E Coyote getting his ass handed to him week after week, year after year and you're still contemplating the possibilities of alternative endings.

:headbang:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think the reasoning by the coaching staff and FO is that Wentz has the talent and upside to be a good QB. He's been pretty decent so far. Yes he's had a couple of dumb picks, but he's also put up points and helped keep us in the first two games. I don't think Heinicke would have been able to do that. Many of the throws Wentz has made are ones that TH simply doesn't have the arm for.

There's just no way the team could have trotted out TH for another year, for many reasons both football related and business related. They made that abundantly clear and they knew they had to go in a different direction. They didn't have a ton of options so they went with Wentz in the hope that he'd be closer to to 2017 Wentz than 2020.

If Wentz doesn't work out, then they can drop him with no dead cap hit and either see how Howell progresses or pick a QB in 2023 depending on draft position.

You can give me all the reason the FO and coaches did doesn't mean they made the correct decisions at the end of the day. So far it doesn't justify the means. Also, It remains to be seen if Wentz will be able to go on a 4 win streak like TH did last year. But, It needs to start next week though or pitches and forks by the same fans who didn't want Heinicke will come out instead. 

I know it was a business decision to get Wentz. It does nothing for the football side. Not so far at least. It really is sad no matter who comes here building for the future and the long run is not part of the FO curriculum. 

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

You can give me all the reason the FO and coaches did doesn't mean they made the correct decisions at the end of the day. So far it doesn't justify the means. Also, It remains to be seen if Wentz will be able to go on a 4 win streak like TH did last year. But, It needs to start next week though or pitches and forks by the same fans who didn't want Heinicke will come out instead. 

I know it was a business decision to get Wentz. It does nothing for the football side. Not so far at least. It really is sad no matter who comes here building for the future and the long run is not part of the FO curriculum. 

It was both. Business and football. The coaches clearly don't think Heinicke is starting QB material. There weren't many options at QB. Heinicke wasn't one, so that leaves trying trading for a stud, which we tried and failed at, going for a tier 3 or tier 4 guy like Trubisky or Mariota, or trading for a guy like Wentz. who was more tier 2/3 but had played like a tier 1 in the past.

There's no way to know how high they truly were on some of the QBs this past draft, but I'm guessing the answer is "not very". They said they definitely liked Howell but they couldn't have had that high a grade on him, or they would have swooped in on him before the 5th round just due to value.

And I doubt there will be many people who didn't want Heinicke that will change their minds. It won't be "I was wrong, we should have stuck with TH" but more like "Well, TH still isn't really an option, and clearly Wentz wasn't the right choice either, so it looks like it's time to hope Howell grows or we just start over again."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

It was both. Business and football. The coaches clearly don't think Heinicke is starting QB material. There weren't many options at QB. Heinicke wasn't one, so that leaves trying trading for a stud, which we tried and failed at, going for a tier 3 or tier 4 guy like Trubisky or Mariota, or trading for a guy like Wentz. who was more tier 2/3 but had played like a tier 1 in the past.

There's no way to know how high they truly were on some of the QBs this past draft, but I'm guessing the answer is "not very". They said they definitely liked Howell but they couldn't have had that high a grade on him, or they would have swooped in on him before the 5th round just due to value.

And I doubt there will be many people who didn't want Heinicke that will change their minds. It won't be "I was wrong, we should have stuck with TH" but more like "Well, TH still isn't really an option, and clearly Wentz wasn't the right choice either, so it looks like it's time to hope Howell grows or we just start over again."

This is why I was totally fine with getting a rookie in the draft (which we got later in the draft) and starting them and Taylor as the backup. At least something to look forward to. I would have been fine with that at least. Do something different. What we did is the same thing the FO has done so many times in the past and things don't change or improve. Have we really been that successful with rethreads?

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Who knew, athletic QB on a rookie deal provides great returns. 

Side note, was unaware Wentz was toast as a scrambler. Dude has morphed into a pocket QB before hitting the age of 30. 

From a physical standpoint that dude he once was is long gone

He looks and moves like a guy who has had multiple surgeries. There are elder statesman QBs that look more spry.

• Like 2

It started as solely the fault of Turner and OL.  Multiple OL were getting beat so badly there was no time to let it go and nowhere to run.  That obviously got in Carson’s head and he was a scrambled egg from then on.  Scott continued to do him no favors calling slow developing plays and our OL were getting their **** pushed back on the reg.

This isn’t the first time either.  There were glimpses of this vs. Jacksonville and more of it against the Lions.  It seems our OL can only hold up when there’s a ton of presnap movement and the defense doesn’t feel at liberty to pin their ears back and attack.

What is happening this year was plainly obvious before the season started,  we signed a QB who had been thrown away by 2 teams, we let 2 OL and 2 DL good players leave and replaced them with Carolina's trash on the OL and our 3rd and 4th stringers from last year on the DL rotation. Rivera completely ignored our worst position group of a bad bunch by not doing anything about our LB's. Rivera's 1st round selections Young, Sweat and Davis are overrated,  injury prone and possibly Busts. And the less said about our coaching staff the better. 

Apart from all that we're looking good .

NOT

• Like 1