Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

This makes no sense. Could have used the money to keep Collins. Used the picks you gave away to get some nice players. Picked up few good FA. Then dropped a QB next year. If Wentz gets cut after this year then that was waste of money and draft picks. I know we got Howell maybe because we had Wentz or we could have gone after him in the draft and he turns out to be stud you still win. 

I know you don't like Taylor and yes he has limitation but you have to stop this win now mentality and try to build for the future. We were no where near a QB away from being in the SB. Just tired of the FO doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Some people don't learn from their past mistakes no matter if it has been 25+ years now. Dan is an idiot.

I don't disagree about building for the future, but trotting Heinicke out there and having another $28 million does next to nothing unless we think we'd either be able to sign 1 stud FA who would fix all of our OL or secondary/LB woes or a bunch of mediocre journeymen who could do the same thing.

And even if we did sign a stud or a couple of decent mid range guys, we'd still have no QB so those pick ups would mostly be pointless.

It's not so much "win now" as it is "don't put a guy on the field who can barely play the position"

Unless their plan is to truly tank and try to get a top 2 draft pick to get a QB in a potentially loaded draft class. Which I honestly could probably get behind seeing how bad our team in general is.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

SMH we are a garbage team arguing about garbage qbs….both of which are on our team I don’t think I’ve ever been this depressed as a Redskins commander wft fan.

Put the suicide prevention hotline on speed dial.  Dallas, with a replacement QB, is next week...the depression can get much much worse.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't disagree about building for the future, but trotting Heinicke out there and having another $28 million does next to nothing unless we think we'd either be able to sign 1 stud FA who would fix all of our OL or secondary/LB woes or a bunch of mediocre journeymen who could do the same thing.

And even if we did sign a stud or a couple of decent mid range guys, we'd still have no QB so those pick ups would mostly be pointless.

It's not so much "win now" as it is "don't put a guy on the field who can barely play the position"

Unless their plan is to truly tank and try to get a top 2 draft pick to get a QB in a potentially loaded draft class. Which I honestly could probably get behind seeing how bad our team in general is.

Look at it another way then. What it has done is setup the expectations of the fans to be higher with Wentz when you don't have the players to protect him regardless of Terry, Dotson, McKissic, Thomas, Samuel you are still getting the same result as Taylor or worse, like today and last week, which you could have had with any other QB for that matter. If they had not gotten Wentz and drafted Howell higher in the draft I would have been lot happier with him being on the field and making mistakes and learning. This would have at least been something to look forward to.

• Like 1

Wentz double clutched way to much, and the way the game was filmed and the quickness of the pressure I never really got a good look at if our receivers were actually that covered or what.  Unfortunately pass rush is something the Cowboys will definitely generate with Micah Parsons next week so itll be a tough game.  D did improve in the second half at least

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re correct, he’s >100 million dollars better than Heinicke, the problem is that the salary cap artificially caps QB pay across the board, high as it may already be.

…you think this team needs a new stadium more than it needs a new owner? What a ****ing joke 

Are the salaries competitive? Honestly, that's about all I expect from an owner. That and staying out of the way. And, he seems to have been doing that for the last few years anyway. Or, since Dan Snyder is going nowhere....I guess we'll never win. That seems to be the more comfortable answer for a lot of fans.

52 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Heinicke is not the answer and he will never see a meaningful snap here again unless Wentz gets injured. That's all I'll say about the matter.

People need to realize how good it is to have a backup QB who is chill and everyone loves. Its good for the team, but it doesn't mean he should start foe crissakes

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re correct, he’s >100 million dollars better than Heinicke, the problem is that the salary cap artificially caps QB pay across the board, high as it may already be.

…you think this team needs a new stadium more than it needs a new owner? What a ****ing joke 

Are the salaries competitive? Honestly, that's about all I expect from an owner. That and staying out of the way. And, he seems to have been doing that for the last few years anyway. Or, since Dan Snyder is going nowhere....I guess we'll never win. That seems to be the more comfortable answer for a lot of fans.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

You know what this team needs? More than a new owner, or a new head coach or a different Offensive/Defensive coordinator? A new stadium. Create a buzz, get people out to the games....And if D.C won't get it for them. Then they need to move to another city.

What this team needs, is an enema. 
jack-nicholson-joker-batman.jpg?w=1804&s

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Look at it another way then. What it has done is setup the expectations of the fans to be higher with Wentz when you don't have the players to protect him regardless of Terry, Dotson, McKissic, Thomas, Samuel you are still getting the same result as Taylor or worse, like today and last week, which you could have had with any other QB for that matter. If they had not gotten Wentz and drafted Howell higher in the draft I would have been lot happier with him being on the field and making mistakes and learning. This would have at least been something to look forward to.

I think the reasoning by the coaching staff and FO is that Wentz has the talent and upside to be a good QB. He's been pretty decent so far. Yes he's had a couple of dumb picks, but he's also put up points and helped keep us in the first two games. I don't think Heinicke would have been able to do that. Many of the throws Wentz has made are ones that TH simply doesn't have the arm for.

There's just no way the team could have trotted out TH for another year, for many reasons both football related and business related. They made that abundantly clear and they knew they had to go in a different direction. They didn't have a ton of options so they went with Wentz in the hope that he'd be closer to to 2017 Wentz than 2020.

If Wentz doesn't work out, then they can drop him with no dead cap hit and either see how Howell progresses or pick a QB in 2023 depending on draft position.

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Giants will probably win, that two teams in the division that will be 3-0

I believe the team beat them twice last year right? I also believe Taylor would have been on the winning end against Jacksonville and Detroit this year. Face it, the team likes playing for him and with him. It's undeniable.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

Are the salaries competitive? Honestly, that's about all I expect from an owner. That and staying out of the way. And, he seems to have been doing that for the last few years anyway.

? He drafted Haskins less than 3 years ago and has only been less involved (as far as we know) because he had to half-ass a fake suspension and give in to the NFL’s demands that he remake the entire business and football departments of the team once Wright/Rivera were on board. He’s clearly just in timeout.

8 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

Or, since Dan Snyder is going nowhere....I guess we'll never win. That seems to be the more comfortable answer for a lot of fans.

Reality isn’t always comfortable, and it’s clear you have an aversion to it if you think a damn stadium would do more for this team than a new owner. That was a hypothetical YOU cooked up, didn’t have to be based in reality. You’re just high on copium and in denial about Snyder being the #1 all-encompassing problem that we face. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

What have you seen in his ownership that makes it seem that we will ever win with him being the owner?

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

? He drafted Haskins less than 3 years ago and has only been less involved (as far as we know) because he had to half-ass a fake suspension and give in to the NFL’s demands that he remake the entire business and football departments of the team once Wright/Rivera were on board. He’s clearly just in timeout.

Reality isn’t always comfortable, and it’s clear you have an aversion to it if you think a damn stadium would do more for this team than a new owner. That was a hypothetical YOU cooked up, didn’t have to be based in reality. You’re just high on copium and in denial about Snyder being the #1 all-encompassing problem that we face. 

Well since nothing can be done about the ownership, how about working on problems that can be solved. Like improving the football experience here? There are a lot of cities that would love to have an NFL team Dan Snyder or no Dan Snyder.

5 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

Well since nothing can be done about the ownership, how about working on problems that can be solved. Like improving the football experience here? There are a lot of cities that would love to have an NFL team Dan Snyder or no Dan Snyder.

I don't think you're following... Snyder makes it hard to improve the football experience because people genuinely do not like him. Agents don't want their guys to sign in DC unless its for overpayment. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't think you're following... Snyder makes it hard to improve the football experience because people genuinely do not like him. Agents don't want their guys to sign in DC unless its for overpayment. 

Looking at the salaries I see no signs of rampant over payment. Maybe Wentz, but that of course, remains to be seen. Agents want money, nothing more and nothing less.

1 minute ago, Old Blue said:

Looking at the salaries I see no signs of rampant over payment. Maybe Wentz, but that of course, remains to be seen. Agents want money, nothing more and nothing less.

You see no signs of overpayment because we are lacking talent in many places. We aren’t overpaying because we aren’t all that talented.

Our talent is really: McLaurin, Samuel, Dotson (rookie deal), Allen, Payne (rookie deal), Curl (rookie deal). The rest of the team is fairly average at best. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

We’re speaking different languages. I don’t find it an interesting exercise to theorize about moving around the deck chairs on the Titanic. That’s what caring about a shiny new stadium feels like to me while Snyder owns the team. Maybe I’d feel differently if I were local and easy to please. I’m neither. 

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’re speaking different languages. I don’t find it an interesting exercise to theorize about moving around the deck chairs on the Titanic. That’s what caring about a shiny new stadium feels like to me while Snyder owns the team. Maybe I’d feel differently if I were local and easy to please. I’m neither. 

A new stadium would give the fans a better experience. More amenities and such. And maybe more would show up. It might not be agents that are against playing here.....It might be the players themselves.

• Haha 1