Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Philly is just a juggernaut right now and we don't match up well with them especially with our injuries. We could all see this coming, although the poor offense again is disappointing. 

If I'm Ron I sit as many starters as possible and just throw the white flag. 

We don't match up well with anyone, really.  

• Like 1

My astute, well informed, balanced observations:

- Fuller is getting paid to not look for the ball

- Turner is jealous of Wentz's height and is intentionally calling slow developing, 4+ step drops that end in sacks

- RR is auditioning for the US Senior Softball league with that slow toss of the challenge flag

- JDR promised Turner half his game check so he wont trend on twitter again this week

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, TChaler70 said:

More like would have had 70 yds rushing and kept drives going. You cant blitz TH! Wentz, well slow mo Gumby not so much.

The bolded part is patently false and dumb. Plenty of teams blitzed Heinicke last year with a lot of success. The Cowboys blitzed a ton and completely shut down Heinicke in both games.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Every time I see a post that says Wentz is holding the ball too long.....too long for what, exactly?  He isn't holding it any longer than Hurts is.  The difference is Hurts isn't under pressure, damn near ever.   Making quick throws are one thing, but if Turner is calling plays that require Wentz to drop back and wait, that is on the play caller.  The ONE TIME they try something short, the screen pass, it was on a 3rd & 10 when the Eagles defense was waiting for it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ThisOneGoesTo11 said:

Fuller is becoming my least favorite player.

The WRs in this league are just way better than the DB’s. That’s just how it is. Yes, the rules contribute to that—of course. But the 30-40th best WR or worse in this league can pop off and have a career day against any DB other than maybe the top few—and even those few exceptional guys have incredibly short career peaks as “shutdown corners”. You just need to be able to outgun other teams in this league, and make their QB eat dirt or make mistakes. Because modern receivers in the NFL will eat you alive given enough time and a certain baseline level of QBing anywhere on a scale from competent to excellent. 

• Like 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

If we lose next week we need to bench Wentz so that he doesn't cost us a second round pick.

If he fails to start a certain number of games the Colts get our third rounder rather than another second next year.

That second round pick is going to be gold in next year's super stocked draft.

Not that I’m saying I agree. It’s early in the season. But at least there is some logic behind this post. Saving that 2 in a bad year would be a very big decision that would be quite helpful.

Even though I think it’s way too early to throw in the towel: thank you for at least having a realistic and constructive take on the situation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Quick sand, everything went wrong… starting with the BS catch that wasn’t and bad challenge. D was holding up fine, difference is Jalen has the lead and ability to throw 50/50 balls to his guys+ time to throw it. 

And we are supposed to have all these great players on the DLine.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For all of Scott’s creativity, it’s absolutely mind boggling that he spent all week coming up with this script, with absolutely zero answers for if and when the Eagles pin their ears back and attack the LOS.

Here's the thing about Turner. He is a good play designer. But he lacks in game feel. He's also slow to adjust. And when his OL can't protect, his offense falls apart. 

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I swear if on the COmmanders first drive of the 2nd half Wentz is hitting 3 step drops and completing passes, it is going to make Turner look even worse for taking an entire half of the game to adjust.  

So he's gotta keep calling the 12 step drop guaranteed sack plays? He hears ya loud and clear.