Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Philly at Washington: From Wentz You Came

TK
Message added by TK,

1864016164_ScreenShot2022-09-25at4_15_38PM.thumb.png.be360e40b72103b519e10c87cf20ae8f.png

24 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Have you ever listened to somebody that ever breaks down film that has played in the NFL, he has stunk! You cant throw back to back int when leading, you cant take some wierd 12 step drop to take a safety, you cant miss wide open RBs on 1st down and take  sack! He stinks!

dont have to admit it, I dont like him, he isnt an upgrade in the W/L column.

Donde KDAWG? Film dont lie!

Just now, zCommander said:

I am not going to blame the D here. They just came off the field and Wentz turned over the ball. 

You have to play the hand you’re dealt and do your job. Turner’s playcalling and Wentz’s fumble set them up poorly, but Curl just absolutely whiffed on Goedurt. There is blame there, the D doesn’t get a pass because it wasn’t fair to them to be back on the field lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Detroit all over again.  Offense doing NOTHING and the defense just gassed

It's nearly impossible to grade the defense because it's unrealistic to ask them to bail out the offense when they play like that.

They jus held Philly to field goal then right back in the red zone from a fumble?

This was the game I thought would get JDR fired...

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

Our o-line is a sieve. 

I disagree.  They are not stellar for sure, but damn, the QB has got to help them out and know how to shift around in the pocket or run.  It is like the OL has no idea where Wentz is going at any given time.  It is hard to block a guy in that situation.  The defender knows where Wentz is....

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Don’t understand why we aren’t running quick hitters with our extremely fast and YAC-equipped WR’s. Shotgun, spread them out so Wentz has a second after the snap, give him some outlets out of the backfield. Why run these slow-developing plays. 

And then the defense finally gives it up 

When we're ahead or rolling he goes away from the things that have worked/got us the lead or gets cute. When we're behind he acts like he doesnt know how to be creative or use his weapons. It's ****ing maddening. Terry and Dotson havent been targeted ONCE

Just now, TChaler70 said:

Donde KDAWG? Film dont lie!

What? Dude you are the most annoying poster here. Go away. 

I have no problem calling out guys when they stink. The last one was on Turner and Wentz. One before was on Wentz.

You have an agenda. It’s obvious and it’s annoying. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Why does Scott Turner keep calling 7 step drops.  Please don't tell me this is more "we have a script, and we're sticking to it" nonsense.

Yeah that was baffling to me. Their DL is pinning their ears back and have had at least 4 sacks in the 1st quarter alone, so he calls a long developing 7 step drop play?

Just now, Rhazaghul said:

I disagree.  They are not stellar for sure, but damn, the QB has got to help them out and know how to shift around in the pocket or run.  It is like the OL has no idea where Wentz is going at any given time.  It is hard to block a guy in that situation.  The defender knows where Wentz is....

Wentz is brutal. 

• Like 1

Mark Schlereth probably knows a little something about blocking.  He seems certain the problem is the offensive line can’t block anyone and that coaches have to help hide this weakness.  

Yet so many in this thread are sure the problem is Wentz.  

Who to believe….

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

It's nearly impossible to grade the defense because it's unrealistic to ask them to bail out the offense when they play like that.

They jus held Philly to field goal then right back in the red zone from a fumble?

This was the game I thought would get JDR fired...

Just fire everyone. Dan should call all his retread dreams. We can't do any worse.