Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Lions

zCommander

I'd feel a lot better w/ no Swift to worry about. Him and TE Hock have the potential ingredients to hurt us badly. 

I don't feel as good about this game as the Jags game, but I still think we win it. I don't think DET will get in their own way as much as JAX did.

I think we see a lot of underneath stuff from their O so this is a game where dudes screaming up to the LOS can have big impact tackles that ruin drives.

I don't think the Lions are rolling in quality WRs so if there was an early game for the secondary to shine, this might be the one.

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't think the Lions are rolling in quality WRs so if there was an early game for the secondary to shine, this might be the one.

I'm with your overall call here, but Amon-Ra and DJ Chark are pret-ty good. Especially vs. our secondary. Glad they won't have Jamison available.

• Like 1

“I got a feeling’ that Sunday is going to be a good day…that Sunday is going to be a good day….that Sundays gonna be a real good day”

Commanders win 35-21.  

Our offense explodes with everybody but the kitchen sink getting in on the fun.   We have some serious weapons and they get unleashed this week.

This team showed what they can do when the offense is clicking and came back last week after the turnovers.  If they start fast just like last week, they can be successful.  The Lions are explosive, but they can be had on defense.  I think they start fast but the game is close.  

Commanders:  27

Lions:  20

This Detroit radio host on The Junkies didn't have a lot of good things to say about his Lions.  He made a couple of points.

• Swift is great but always injuried
  • Hutchison looks lost and ineffective for a high pick
  • Goff is middling QB not always sure what you're going to get
  • Believes there was never any "comeback" in that game
  • Equates his coach to a pro wrestler kind of guy and doesn't like his mismanagement issues in game
  • He likes Wentz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Watching the eagles lions game now. Detroit blitz a ton to the point I’ve convinced Aaron Glenn watched remember the titans for inspiration. Okudah stayed almost exclusively on smith. If they do the same with Terry there will be plenty of opportunities for Curtis, Dotson, Gibson and mckissic. Philly got a lot pressure but didn’t get home and missed a ton of tackles. Hurts to me was not good. You’ve got to make him be a passer. His first read wasn’t there he was taking off 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Watching the eagles lions game now. Detroit blitz a ton to the point I’ve convinced Aaron Glenn watched remember the titans for inspiration. Okudah stayed almost exclusively on smith. If they do the same with Terry there will be plenty of opportunities for Curtis, Dotson, Gibson and mckissic. Philly got a lot pressure but didn’t get home and missed a ton of tackles. Hurts to me was not good. You’ve got to make him be a passer. His first read wasn’t there he was taking off 

Okudah only stays on one side of the field, he won't follow anyone around. We can motion McLaurin away from his side. I'd try to like line up trips on the side away from Okudah because the rest of their secondary is booty.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Okudah only stays on one side of the field, he won't follow anyone around. We can motion McLaurin away from his side. I'd try to like line up trips on the side away from Okudah because the rest of their secondary is booty.

I’ll have to pay closer attention to see if he traveled Sunday or not but he was matched up against smith most of the game Sunday I can’t imagine Philly left smith on one side the whole time 

20 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I’ll have to pay closer attention to see if he traveled Sunday or not but he was matched up against smith most of the game Sunday I can’t imagine Philly left smith on one side the whole time 

Its what Chris Russell and his co host said on the radio the other day, and it makes sense because AJ Brown was absolutely feasting. They probably just kept Brown on that side so he could keep killing his competition.

I wanna go out to 3 wide and just air raid the Lions. That D is awful. It makes ours look like the 2000 Ravens.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34596734/nfl-week-2-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-stats-know-more

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truedet.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Commanders (1-0) at Lions (0-1)

1 p.m. ET | FOX | Spread: DET -1.5 (48.5)

What to watch for: With eight or more catches, second-year Lions receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown has a chance to join Antonio Brown and Michael Thomas as the third player in NFL history with at least eight receptions in eight straight games. A big game from him would go a long way toward helping Detroit avoid a third-straight 0-2 start. The Commanders stand in the way after their Week 1 win against Jacksonville, setting up a battle between the 2016 NFL draft class' top two picks, quarterbacks Jared Goff (No. 1, then with the Rams) and Carson Wentz (No. 2, then with the Eagles). -- Eric Woodyard

Bold prediction: Commanders rookie receiver Jahan Dotson will top 100 yards and score a touchdown -- his third on the season. With the Lions playing a lot of press-man, the Commanders' receivers will have the potential for a big day. Lions corners Jeff Okudah and Amani Oruwariye are both adept at playing press, but the Commanders have receivers who can win at the line. In the past 18 games, Detroit has allowed the fourth-most yards to receivers when playing man coverage and tied for the most allowed in Week 1. -- John Keim

Stat to know: Lions running back D'Andre Swift had 144 rushing yards in Week 1. He would become the first Detroit running back with 200-plus rushing yards through the team's first two games of a season since Barry Sanders (255) in 1998 and the third to do so in team history (Billy Sims, 1980).

Injuries: Commanders | Lions

What to know for fantasy: Four of Washington receiver Terry McLaurin's 25-point games during his career have come on the road and in the first half of the season. This game checks both boxes and comes against the defense that allowed the fifth-most yards per WR reception last season. See Week 2 rankings.

Betting nugget: Commanders quarterback Carson Wentz is 5-0 ATS (4-1 outright) in his past five games as a road underdog. Read more.

Moody's pick: Commanders 27, Lions 24
Walder's pick: Lions 30, Commanders 24
FPI prediction: WSH, 55.8% (by an average of 1.8 points)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I had Swift on one of my fantasy teams last year. Guy always was hurt and was questionable often but always seemed to play. We need to load the box and make Detroit pass the ball. Goff can be rattled and I see us winning the turnover battle.  

We sack Goff at least 4 times!