Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Lions

zCommander

35 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I have re-read this a bunch of times and have no idea how you made that analogy. What are you talking about?

Lions lost by three. Onside kick recovery could change the outcome as there were more than 3 minutes left. 

The winners won.

Did you watch the Eagles Lions game? It was a blow out most of the game.

1 minute ago, OMacAttack said:

I didn't need to watch it.  At the end of the game what I said applies. I'm sure the eagles had a convincing lead for most of the game. At the end of the lions stopped Jalen on his QB sneak they had a chance to tie with a FG.

https://nflreplay.net/philadelphia-eagles-vs-detroit-lions-11-sep-2022-replay-full-game/

Watch the game and look at the box score and you'll see it wasn't a close game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Week 1 is always full of sloppy play, fatigued players trying to hang on later in the game, and upsets that aren't indicative of how every team will look & perform the entire season. The NYG beat the Titans.....I don't think anyone believes the game plays out that way if it is happens in October or beyond.

At this point I think it is crazy for either our fan base or Detroit's fanbase to believe this game is in the bag.  There are just to many unknowns so far.

I will be curious to see if the offense can get out to another quick start in Detroit, and if they do, hopefully they don't spend the following two quarters in neutral. It doesn't appear the Lions defense is all that stout, but the Jags defense didn't seem to be putting up much resistance early either, until turnovers helped them turn the game around.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Lions 20 Commanders 17

I think this game is about as much as a coin flip as they come, I will give Detroit the edge coming off a tough loss vs. us coming off a victory and maybe not quite as dialed in as need be.   I think we are 2 or 3 points better than Detroit on a neutral field, but this is at Detroit and I think they may be more dialed in.

36 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

https://nflreplay.net/philadelphia-eagles-vs-detroit-lions-11-sep-2022-replay-full-game/

Watch the game and look at the box score and you'll see it wasn't a close game. 

I watched the game and Philly never had the ball with that 17 point lead.  Ten point game at the half, traded TDs in the 3rd Q/early 4th and it was a 10 point game with over 14 minutes left to play and a 3 point game with 4 minutes left to play.

Odd hill to stand on.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DisgruntledLionFan#54,927 said:

I watched the game and Philly never had the ball with that 17 point lead.  Ten point game at the half, traded TDs in the 3rd Q/early 4th and it was a 10 point game with over 14 minutes left to play and a 3 point game with 4 minutes left to play.

Odd hill to stand on.

How badly do you think you guys will lose this week?

17 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Who cares about anything but the final score?  It's not like they went from 38-14 to 38-20.  

Watching the game it never felt close after the Eagles went up 21-7 and especially not when they were up by three scores at 31-14.

Just now, DisgruntledLionFan#54,927 said:

Not as badly as you just did.

You guys got your ass handed to you almost immediately in that game and the Eagles just ran it out in the second half.

• Thanks 1

This will also be a dog fight:

Commanders 35

Lions 31

I predict that we will be in a shootout with the Lions.  They will run wild on our defense, but we will pass the ball all over the Lions secondary.  This will come down to whoever has the ball last, and I predict that Wentz throws a TD Pass to Logan Thomas in the last 2 minutes to secure our victory.

Wentz:  29/38 360 YDS, 4TD

T. McLaurin:  7 REC, 130 YDS, 1TD

Jahan Dotson:  5 REC, 65 YDS, 1TD

Logan Thomas 8 REC, 70 YDS, 1TD

Antonio Gobson:  7 REC, 40 YDS, 1TD (15 CAR, 70 YDS, 1TD

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's talking about our conversation thinking he owned me, because he doesn't want to admit that the Lions got smoked a hell of a lot more than the score board says.

I'm not sure the Lions got smoked as bad as you think... buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

Declaring himself the winner of an argument without even providing a retort on an opposing teams' forum...

Bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I was pissed off at how lopsided the game was lol...

Yup. To reiterate my point above... The Eagles were the clear better team.

They just let the Lions hang in there. The Eagles were playing with their food and the Lions fought back. 

• Like 4

@Franklin60 after the Bradbury pick 6, did you ever have a single concern that you guys won that game Sunday?

Just now, KDawg said:

They just let the Lions hang in there. The Eagles were playing with their food and the Lions fought back. 

This I'll agree with completely.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Which are games we've lost so many times. Perpetually snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

You're not, but I can't imagine any fan of this team trying to talk about other teams in these types of situations.

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

ass handed to you almost immediately in that game and the Eagles just ran it out in the second half.

Almost immediately in the 2nd Q? 

The Eagles just ran it out by engineering a 4 play, 10 yard drive and a 3 play, 2 yard drive after Detroit responded to make it a 38-28 game? 

Trust me, I have much more experience watching blowouts.  That game was not a blowout.  Who was going to win might not have been in jeopardy but these werent drives with dumpoffs to Swift and Williams eating up a bunch of clock.

Respectfully to DisgruntledLionsFan #54,927, there were two times in the 3rd quarter (at about 4 1/2 minutes into the 3rd and again with about 1 3/4 minutes left in the 3rd.) when the Eagles had a 17 point lead.  In both cases the Lions cut that lead to 10 points by answering with a scoring drive of their own.  To me, it looked like both sides were still competing and nobody was "mailing it in".

I think when most teams play the Lions, they already understand that Campbell's Lions are going to fight them hard to the last minute, regardless of the score.  Teams shouldn't underestimate the intensity the Lions bring.  If Washington gets an early lead, I hope they don't mentally ease up.  Otherwise they could be unpleasantly surprised.

I think its going to be a close game.  A lot depends on how well Washington can contain the Lions running game and TE.  Hopefully Washington's D-Line can take advantage of Detroit's ding'd up O-Line and apply pressure to Goff (whose performance does get affected by pressure.). And hopefully Washington's O-Line can give Wentz the pass protection he needs to allow more medium to long passes against the Lions average secondary.  Both teams have weaknesses that can be exploited -- so I see a lot of points.

I'll wait to see the injury reports, before making my prediction. While I suspect I'll still pick Washington -- it's really close to even right now.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DisgruntledLionFan#54,927 said:

Almost immediately in the 2nd Q? 

The Eagles just ran it out by engineering a 4 play, 10 yard drive and a 3 play, 2 yard drive after Detroit responded to make it a 38-28 game? 

Trust me, I have much more experience watching blowouts.  That game was not a blowout.  Who was going to win might not have been in jeopardy but these werent drives with dumpoffs to Swift and Williams eating up a bunch of clock.

A lions fan with hope after starting firmly 0-1 again.

Adorable. 

• Haha 2