Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Lions

zCommander

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't seem to be as high on the Lions O as other people are.

They got knocked into a deep hole coming out of half and although I didn't watch the game, I'd think Philly's D probably transferred to bend-don't-break mode to ride out the game while their O continued to score. With multiple 3 score leads in the 2nd half they didn't have to risk stiffing D.

They do have some weapons but I think its more concern about how bad our D looked last week.

The last half dozen times I picked the WFT to win in one of these threads I've been wrong.

Not gonna say I believe in jinxes or that I have read from cover to cover several times Samuel Longhorn Clemens masterpiece, "A Beginners Guide to Reversing Spells, Curses and Bad Luck"  but let's just say that my official pick is...

Lions 27

Washington 4 

You can thank me in the morning.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/will-receivers-in-new-situations-continue-to-thrive-plus-my-favorite-upset-pick-

WEEK 2 UPSET PICK: Washington Commanders (+1.5) over Detroit Lions

As a lifelong Lions fan, seeing my model's outcome for this game stung a little, but I pick based on my process, which is done completely blind. (I'm able to cheer after the math and pick are worked out.) The math in this matchup points to big passing plays being one of the keys to the game. Last week, Commanders QB Carson Wentz threw three touchdown passes of at least 10 air yards against the Jaguars, while the Lions' defense surrendered 10 receptions for 155 yards to A.J. Brown alone. With injury questions around D'Andre Swift, who was the strength of the Lions' offense in Week 1, three things emerge for this contest in my model: a strong possibility for a Terry McLaurin touchdown, Wentz tossing at least two passing touchdowns and more than 49 total points being scored (this latter event happens in 54.5 percent of simulations).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The last half dozen times I picked the WFT to win in one of these threads I've been wrong.

Lions 27

Washington 4 

You can thank me in the morning.

I really don't want to wait 16 hours to do that. Can I just thank you after the game ends instead?

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 1

High scoring game.

Comms 37

Lions 27

Wince tosses another 4 TDs w 300+ passing yards but this time with ZERO pickles.

Running game goes over 150 rushing yards.  

Goff gets picked twice in the 2nd half. (Forrest + Fuller) 

:cheers:

*Edit - Kurl out dangit.  Switching to Forrest w another pickle today*

Edited by illone

Seeing how I have no fancy computer doing my picks. I'll offer up my poor man pick of the week.

Last week I predicted 16-28 commanders 

This week it's more loopsided then most are predicting...

The lions OL is in shambles

The RB is gimped

The Dline will be the story this week, after the game.

Commanders by 10 

HTTC 

20 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Looks like Detroit's two starting tackles will be their only OL starters tomorrow. Meaning Payne, hopefully Allen, and Wise should feast in the middle. Pushing the pocket back into Goff's face.  No qb likes interior pressure. Especially not an immobile qb like Goff. Also if all runs pretty much have to be on the outside, that's a big advantage to the opposing defense. Woot woot 😁

Your theory made a lot of sense until we kicked off to start the game. LOL. How long do we suffer thru this embarrassment?