Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Raiders getting Chandler Jones by the looks of it. Von Miller maybe to the Pukes.

Top players left are Armstead, Robinson and Mathieu probably.....and Wagner.....

Von Miller reportedly back to the Rams per NBCSports

• Like 6

So... 1) the front office somehow failed to convey to McKissic that they wanted to keep him, and 2) they assured Ion's agent that his client would not be cut.

This fails to give me warm and fuzzy feelings about their competence and professionalism.

And, 3) they just tweeted that Collins had been cut when he hadn't. Oopsie.

Edited by Kelvin Bryant
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Didn’t think he was a RFA ?

He's not, he's UFA. I believe he was getting him confused with Allen Lazard, who was tendered at 2nd round level as a RFA.

We couldn't sign anyone who was tendered at that level, btw. You need to have your own pick to send in comp, and we now have Indy's instead, fyi.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He's not, he's UFA. I believe he was getting him confused with Allen Lazard, who was tendered at 2nd round level as a RFA.

We couldn't sign anyone who was tendered at that level, btw. You need to have your own pick to send in comp, and we now have Indy's instead, fyi.

I always watch this GIF longer than I should!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

The management of the cap has been one of the highlights of this regime. Very little manipulating of contracts to lessen hits for the present day. The flexibility available to the team to “go all in” on for a future window is available.

Define "go all in" and what future window are you talking about?

I looked into 2023, we'll have around $60 million in cap space, but then look who's free agents for us:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2023/all/washington-commanders/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/

So lets say Payne and McLaurin get $15 million each (I think it will be higher, but who knows) , in context that Allen makes $21 million in 2023 and Samuels makes $13 million.

That would leave us with $30 million to resign players like Hineckie, Ionnidas, Holcomb, Flowers, and our draft picks. Who are we gonna cut or lose that we really don't want to, like Collins, in order to make that work? That could all be done, but where is the cap space to "go all in" in 2023?  

We look like we have a choice of keeping those folks I mentioned, or accepting a lot of them or a major one goes jus so we can add a single high value replacement, not addition to what we have.  What I don't see is room to keep everyone then go into free agency to add more talent to this team with a big splash, we can't this year and we can't next year, so when can we?

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Acquiring a QB with 28mil cap hit in the middle of the off season and it not impacting present or future plans much at all is significant.

I don't agree that it's not impacting present or future plans.  I jus laid out my reasoning for 2023 and earlier in the thread brought up my concerns that we are losing more starters to free agency right now then we are adding or replacing.

This doesn't sound like a situation to mass import talent into this team via free agency anytime soon. It looks more like barely being able to keep this team together and hoping that it overachieves.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em boys!

Just got the word from my sources that nothing's going on until the annoucements start pouring in sometime after the league year begins at 4pm eastern time.

Good time fir the mods to shut down the forum so they can gas and oil up the servers for the coming rush.

Eat a meal, take a shower, nassage your bunions,  drop a deuce now while you can.

But come back prepared to frenzy. We're gonna need all hands on deck in one hour.

Shut 'er down boys!

I'm  out.

• Haha 3