Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Just now, CapsSkins said:

We’re releasing some good guys, but these aren't stars.

We need a roster with STARS at premiere positions and good depth and value everywhere else.

yeah, that cap space needs to go towards a couple of high impact players. Top end. Or top end of what is left....

Plus our re-signs of course.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Tweets and reports I have read says he wants to stay on the WC.  Take it for what it is.  

Wilson wants him in Denver apparently.

• Like 1

The front office shouldn't get credit on this McKissic thing. Testing the market is one thing, but letting players you want back to actually agree to another deal before you decide to chase them down from behind seems like bad management.  They got bailed out.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Today's theme is Ctrl+Z

This is what happens in Madden if I make my free agent signings for the day, skip to the next day of free agency, and find out the player signed with another team. The players can make their choices. I'll just let them re-choose until they make the right choice.

• Haha 4

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Terry would be an idiot to do it. He doesn’t know who his long term qb is. He can do it next year; if Wentz isn’t cut.

I’d say he was an idiot to play on a 3mil one year deal and risk injury when he will likely drop what, 40mil fully guaranteed at signing?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Everett is under active investigation

Not sure how that works out if you cut him, but I expect him to be gone in some capacity

Don't see how that could matter, it's not related to football.

Guice was under investigation too and we cut him pretty quickly.

Wouldn't make much sense if you could cut a player without consequence unless they may have committed a crime.

J.D. McKissic returning to Commanders one day after agreeing to two-year deal with Bills, per report
One day after reportedly agreeing to a two-year, $7 million deal with the Bills, free agent running back J.D. McKissic has changed his mind and will sign the same contract with the Commanders to return to Washington, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j-d-mckissic-returning-to-commanders-one-day-after-agreeing-to-two-year-deal-with-bills-per-report/amp/

1 minute ago, Commander Chaaarmnder said:

J.D. McKissic returning to Commanders one day after agreeing to two-year deal with Bills, per report
One day after reportedly agreeing to a two-year, $7 million deal with the Bills, free agent running back J.D. McKissic has changed his mind and will sign the same contract with the Commanders to return to Washington, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j-d-mckissic-returning-to-commanders-one-day-after-agreeing-to-two-year-deal-with-bills-per-report/amp/

Now this is a real head scratcher.....what would change his mind about going from Heinicke, to Wentz to Josh Allen back to Wentz????

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Updated cap ... doesn't account for McKissic, Sims, McCain

image.png.4258131da3b91b9fff6b79b13613de05.png

So knock off 12mil for Collins post 1 June leaves 22mil.

Got to think JD,McCain, Sims would count 7-8mil assuming no voidable years have been added. Room for 2 or 3 names in. Probably comfortably if we also restructure Wentz. Or convert a couple of roster bonuses.

In short, we’re in more than decent cap shape to make signings and have the fallback of 12mil being credited in June via the Collins move.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Ok I can’t see us looking at Edge or LT Armstead - So top names left ,

Robinson WR, Mathieu S, Wagner LB, Hooper TE.

I’m still keen on Valdez-Scantling, have I mentioned that? :ols:

I think Valdez-Scantling has been tendered with a 2nd round designation (think that's right). We would have to offer him a deal, Green Bay gets a chance to match, if not we get him for a 2nd round pick. 

3 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I think Valdez-Scantling has been tendered with a 2nd round designation (think that's right). We would have to offer him a deal, Green Bay gets a chance to match, if not we get him for a 2nd round pick. 

Didn’t think he was a RFA ?

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

So knock off 12mil for Collins post 1 June leaves 22mil.

Got to think JD,McCain, Sims would count 7-8mil assuming no voidable years have been added. Room for 2 or 3 names in. Probably comfortably if we also restructure Wentz. Or convert a couple of roster bonuses.

In short, we’re in more than decent cap shape to make signings and have the fallback of 12mil being credited in June via the Collins move.

There’s a part of me that wants them to pay all Collins’ dead money this year.  Rip the bandaid off.  Next year you’ve got Wentz with no guaranteed $ (if we don’t restructure) and more cap space (via Collins).  Make your big decisions/moves then… aside from extending Terry of course.

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Now this is a real head scratcher.....what would change his mind about going from Heinicke, to Wentz to Josh Allen back to Wentz????

I bet he just couldn’t stand to be that far from Heinicke, he’s probably involved somehow 

• Haha 3