Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I understand why Ion is frustrated, but ultimately, plans change based on the landscape.  If that caused their plans for Ion to change, then I want a FO that makes the best decision for the team.... that doesn't make it dirty.

On top of that, they are releasing him prior to the official start of FA at 400 today.  That's not really late... dropping him a week from now would be late...

It goes both ways, so to speak.  Really.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Is it odd that we make these moves now? Did we try to trade them or are we in contact with players and need room. It's just odd timing. 

I have to think they explored trading the players they released today but it's a buyers market, as just about every other team is doing the same thing.

I just want to see when and how they use the space.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, Lovi said:

Yeah we all need to take a big breath and get real high before this thing kicks off. HAHA.

I heard people on ES mention Daniel Wise.  He must have some talent. Maybe this is why Ioan was released. 

• Like 1

Ionnadis is a disappointing cut. Guy came to us as a 5th round smallish DT and really grew to become a very good player. However he did start to get hurt more often. 

Something to be said of Flowers to be cut from Phins after only one year and then released by us after one year back. Guards are guards and we got some young guys who can step up. 

I really hope we get Wagner with these moves. Guy is a true leader on defense sort of like London and we need one. He’s 32 so hopefully nothing more than a 2 year deal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nerm said:

The updated reports say that he got mad about a clause saying the team has the option to reduce guaranteed cash if the league disciplines him.  He threw a fit about it and signed elsewhere without further discussion.  Funny part is, it is actually standard language in all Dallas contracts, not even specific to Gregory.  So, I kind of feel like the Cowboys dodged a bullet.  The guy is a head case.  One day he may play enough games in a season to beat his career best six sack season, but it won't be with Dallas.

You got it wrong. They put in language that took away his guaranteed money if he was FINED, not disciplined, fined.

They gave Dallas a chance to remove it and they wouldn’t.

HE GONE!

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Surprised at the release of Ioannidis.

Felt he was a great player. Great fill in for Allen and Payne.

He really did grow into a great player, same with Settle, but great players get paid. Can't have Allen, Payne, the Greek, and Settle all happy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Ionnadis is a disappointing cut. Guy came to us as a 5th round smallish DT and really grew to become a very good player. However he did start to get hurt more often. 

Something to be said of Flowers to be cut from Phins after only one year and then released by us after one year back. Guards are guards and we got some young guys who can step up. 

I really hope we get Wagner with these moves. Guy is a true leader on defense sort of like London and we need one. He’s 32 so hopefully nothing more than a 2 year deal. 

Tweets and reports I have read says he wants to stay on the WC.  Take it for what it is.  

We're releasing some good guys, but these aren't stars.

We need a roster with STARS at premiere positions and good depth and value everywhere else.

Jon Allen is a star. Daron Payne is a star. Those are the guys you keep. JD McKissic is good value. Bobby McCain is good value. Guys like Matt I at an $8M cap hit or Flowers at $10M, whatever it was, those aren't good contracts even if they're good to very good players.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1