Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Santa Claus-Hating Mo-Fo's

skins island connection

Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wants it more?

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

This is annoying. I was going up to Philly this weekend to meet up with my business partner and some of his friends to go to the game. So much for that plan.

But more annoying to go watch a team of no names get blown out I’d assume?  Either way sucks for those who have made plans I’m sure. 

• Like 1

This is annoying. I was going up to Philly this weekend to meet up with my business partner and some of his friends to go to the game. So much for that plan.

You're annoyed that you couldn't see dudes whose last game played was in high school get demolished by the Eagles?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

You're annoyed that you couldn't see dudes whose last game played was in high school get demolished by the Eagles?

:ols:

Nah, mostly just annoyed in general. Was looking forward to just having a good time since I rarely go to games. I can't make it Tuesday due to work. Oh well.

One things is for sure, Heineke is okay with you not attending ;) jk 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luca Brasi said:

Anyone know if this means the game will be nationally televised, or will it still just be shown in DC/Philly markets?

Guess it depends on who is showing it.

If it is ESPN or NFL Network, then it may be shown nationally.

If it's on FOX or CBS, they may show it nationally, or they might treat it like a preseason game, and only show it locally.

Edited by SkinsGuy

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It said regionally on fox and nationally on Sunday ticket 

Just looked at the Sunday Ticket lineup for Tuesday and it shows all Tuesday games being blacked out. If that is the case I would think all games are being showed on the networks that would have carried them Sunday

I just hope that they move next week's Cowboys-Washington and Eagles/Giants game to Monday. That way the Eagles and WFT aren't forced to play a game with only five days rest against a team that's had seven full days. An extra day makes the two day disparity (six vs eight) more palatable. And then both teams would play the following week with the same six days rest.

But I highly doubt that'll happen. 

I am going to be rooting hard for the WFT on Tuesday.  The Eagles sub on reddit this past week was so filled with classless fans laughing about Washington players getting covid,and talking about how funny it would be if Washington had to play without a QB.  Now they are outraged about the schedule change, and screaming how unfair it is to have to play on a short week next Sunday.  Just about every team in the league has had games 4 days apart this season.  Philly having only 5 days between games, after just getting 15 days off, is about the most unfair thing they can imagine.  I think they are just upset that they have to play against real NFL players.

WFT 17

Eagles 13

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nerm said:

I am going to be rooting hard for the WFT on Tuesday.  The Eagles sub on reddit this past week was so filled with classless fans laughing about Washington players getting covid,and talking about how funny it would be if Washington had to play without a QB.  Now they are outraged about the schedule change, and screaming how unfair it is to have to play on a short week next Sunday.  Just about every team in the league has had games 4 days apart this season.  Philly having only 5 days between games, after just getting 15 days off, is about the most unfair thing they can imagine.  I think they are just upset that they have to play against real NFL players.

WFT 17

Eagles 13

The douchebaggery is strong with Iggles fans. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nerm said:

WFT 17

Eagles 13

Let's see what they think if they're hit with Covid heavily after playing us. They wouldn't complain about a their game being postponed...

• Like 1

Lets be real any Eagles fan being honest with themselves know their team is mediocre.  Not laughably bad, but just mediocre, but because the NFC is also kind of mediocre as a whole this season they are in the playoff hunt and welcomed the opportunity to take on a team hobbled and possibly lead by a QB off the street.  Now that it isn't happening they are dealing with having to battle an actual NFL team. 

• Like 2

I was just listening to an Eagles podcast. One guy was an NFL insider with a lot of good intel. Some nuggets:

- Hurts’s ankle injury - the pain is going into his heel so it is more than your typical ankle sprain. Could be a high ankle sprain. If the game were played Sunday, he thought it’d be less than 50/50 that Hurts would play

- Obviously super confident in their run game and they think that their OL is playing at an elite level despite missing a couple guys

- Eagles have shifted from playing heavy zone to playing man 30% to 40% of the time

- They think their DL is a wall against the run and don’t think Gibson will have much success (note: I don’t think they are aware of how impactful Cosmi can be here)

- DeAndre Carter was a fan favorite when he was in Philly

- These guys know how good Kam Curl is and they think him not being there could mean Goedert having a good game

- A Bears source told this guy that Leno wasn’t moving well last year and constantly needed TE help. My guess is that he must’ve played hurt last year

- One more is that this guy saw Heinicke during the East-West Shrine Game and thought he had no chance because his mechanics were so bad. Makes me think he’s made strides but not sure the backfoot thing is going away

Edited by method man
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Nerm said:

WFT 17

Eagles 13

I think you're kind of missing the point here. It's not that they're getting short rest, it's that their future opponent (in this case the Giants) is on full rest. When teams routinely play on four day's rest for a Thursday game, their opponent in that game is in the same situation so there is no advantage or disadvantage attached.

That's what the Eagles fans are annoyed with.