Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Santa Claus-Hating Mo-Fo's

skins island connection

Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wants it more?

I've got like a 15% feeling that we can pull off an upset.  No matter how pessimistic I get about this team, there's always some glimmer of hope deep in my stomach that they can win on any given game.  "Any Given Sunday" is a phrase...well, because it is.  It's true, any given Sunday, a team can beat another team.

That's the thing about football, it gives you enough time between games to trick yourself into thinking your team's got a chance.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've got like a 15% feeling that we can pull off an upset.  No matter how pessimistic I get about this team, there's always some glimmer of hope deep in my stomach that they can win on any given game.  "Any Given Sunday" is a phrase...well, because it is.  It's true, any given Sunday, a team can beat another team.

That's the thing about football, it gives you enough time between games to trick yourself into thinking your team's got a chance.  

That optimism just starts to creep in a little more and more, the closer we get to Sunday. It's awful :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope I am wrong but I think we get beat like a rented mule. Last weak not only showed our weaknesses we now have so many starters out, this may as well be a replacements game. 

I never put a score but this could be really bad. Will be very glad to be wrong. But jsut having Lucy (WFT) pull the football out from under me once again, I am not falling for it again, at least not this fast.

image.png.13c77346e826dbb3792f6e3e2af18620.png

1 minute ago, D’Pablo said:

35-13, Eagles. We are only a few players off from fielding an all practice squad defense, and Heineke has shown he can’t compete in shoot-outs or overcome large deficits.

i hope you realize to compete in a shootout you actually need players on the field...lol

You know how this will play out.  The team is going to come out and look better than expected out of the gate.  Everyone is going to take a big deep breath and be lulled into thinking things might just turn out okay.  Then the Eagles coordinators will figure it out, make adjustments and the game will start to flip, but still be close enough at halftime to keep the false hope going.  The second half where things will turn ugly.

Ugh.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

You know how this will play out.  The team is going to come out and look better than expected out of the gate.  Everyone is going to take a big deep breath and be lulled into thinking things might just turn out okay.  Then the Eagles coordinators will figure it out, make adjustments and the game will start to flip, but still be close enough at halftime to keep the false hope going.  The second half where things will turn ugly.

Ugh.

Hence: 

Lucy Pulls The Football GIFs | Tenor

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Dude, it really ****ing does and I hate myself for thinking this way.  

Check that, it's not thinking...it's feeling, it's purely emotional.  

It sucks so bad and yet every week, here I am.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

I would have countered with how good our run D is but now this is all i got  :kickcan: :(

Daron is going to earn that paycheck this week. :ols:

• Like 2