Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Rouge 4 at The Death Star

TK
Message added by TK,

490730691_ScreenShot2021-12-05at7_09_29PM.thumb.png.aa76992a10bb991590d96dc5bbb7beb4.png

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I mean, after the last 30 years, can you really fault most fans for defaulting to being "doomsdayers"?

This.

I can't hate them, they have been conditioned to expects the worst to ease the pain.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TChaler70 said:

I am new here and first game thread I followed and I am amazed looking from the outside in how many of you blame the QB for everything that happens on offense I mean guys saying his arm was grazed when clearly it was more then that on the pick, trashing the guy for his arm strength. Guys he is going to have bad throws, hell maybe even a bad game.

The guy seems to care about winning more then anything and got the crap kicked out of him you may want to give the guy a bit of a break.

While I agree with you… as an 18 year cagey veteran on this site and game day threads… measured discussion occurs outside of this thread. This thread is generally a whiney cluster****.

oh and welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The force is strong with Skywalkeicke. He had moments of “what the ****” and moments of “holy ****” and his teammates on D and O bailed him out but he has that winning thing that Alex Smith had but better escapability. 

Someone check his midichlorian count. Dude is a Jedi.

Kinda like when Vader chops Skywalker’s hand off, and Skywalker comes back to kick his ass!

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Where are all the doomsdayers who needed to talk about how the game was over and we lost and blah blah.

Own it for once.

I said after the INT that the game wasn't over but that it certainly could be and noted that "pound the rock, control the clock, have a stingy defense" 1980s game plans in the modern NFL are a very specious idea because in order for it to work many things have to go right and almost nothing can go wrong. That INT at a crucial time, for instance. Luckily our defense was able to hold them to a FG, but if that pass into the end zone had been 5 inches shallower, it would almost certainly have been an L.

Our offense is stagnant. We're going to have to figure out how to start actually scoring more points because what we're putting up now is not going to cut it for long. Our defense has absolutely been showing up big time over the last several game, so hats off to them.

Edited by mistertim