Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Las Vegas Raiders Prediction Thread: R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Is He The Future Heinicke ? BABY! BABY!

skins island connection

Who Wins The Game ??  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will the streak continue or fizzle out for the WFT ??

29 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I see this one getting away from the Skins, but see them battling back...

I agree.  The Washington Football Team falls behind early, 3-0, but then battles back.

Final:

WFT 74, Raiders 3.

• Haha 10
  • Thumb up 1

This is the best offense they've faced since Tampa.  So we'll see.

This is just set-up for a step-back game.  Short rest, cross country, banged up against a team coming off of a huge road win with extra rest.

I think this is a really tall ask.  And a lot of it might come down to JD McKissic.  If he doesn't play, I don't think they're going to be able to run the ball as much as they have, and I think that's going to be a problem. 

I'm going

Raider 27

WFT 17

What would change my opinion is if one of our centers and JD are available.  If that's the case, then MAYBE we can gut out another win.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is just set-up for a step-back game.  Short rest, cross country, banged up against a team coming off of a huge road win with extra rest.

This is what worries me most... They are rested and at home.  Skins have a short week and have to travel.  If Waller doesn't play which at this point looks likely Id say thats huge.  He is a major part of their offense.  Having Thomas and Samuel back is big for us.  JD if he is out will be missed but I still like our chances.

Edited by Idaho fan

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Not too confident in having to face DeSean Jackson...although he seems to disappear after making one long highlight-worthy TD.

We did alright against Tyreek Hill and Diggs so I think we'll be ok.

Edited by RawRebel

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This could be a reason that we GET the win too. Maybe LV will follow that up with their own stinker. We shall see!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think this is a really tall ask.  And a lot of it might come down to JD McKissic.  If he doesn't play, I don't think they're going to be able to run the ball as much as they have, and I think that's going to be a problem. 

I'm going

Raider 27

WFT 17

What would change my opinion is if one of our centers and JD are available.  If that's the case, then MAYBE we can gut out another win.

This is how I see it as well.  But I’m actually quoting your post because you reminded me of something - this team’s ‘next man up’ mentality has been on point.  RSJ does a great job filling in for Thomas, and then we see Bates contributing when Seales-Jones goes down.  St Juste goes out and we actually look better with DJ.  The oline losing Roullier, then Larsen, then Sweitzer at center.  Losing Chase and Montez, but our current DEs are making an impact.  Lucas replacing Cosmi, Sweitzer filling in for Scherff.  Samuels hardly played, but Carter has really been growing out there.  And then of course, going from Fitz > Heinicke.

Don’t know how much credit should go to the coaches, but Hoener and Matsko were very well respected before this season, so I could see them being a big part of this resilience.

With that being said, and to your point, (potentially) losing McKissick for a time is a bit different - I’m not sure it’ll be quite so ‘easy’ to replace his pass catching production.  I think losing Gibson would be similarly tough.  We don’t have someone with his power and subsequent yards after contact and ability to push the pile and ‘fall forward’ for those extra couple yards.  Fortunately, that one’s hypothetical at the moment (knock on wood).  We also better not lose another offensive tackle… 🤞

Edited by skinny21

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm going

Raider 27

WFT 17

I have played Charlie Brown to the teams Lucy so many times I am gun shy to believe in them. I want to believe so bad I can't stand it. But totally agree this is exactly where they typically let us down. Thier D is better than thier rankings but I believe we can score on them if we remain patient like we have the last 3 weeks. 

Should be a good game either way. I hate the Seahawks but the Raiders are pretty far up the list too. Would be nice to stomp them. 

The Raiders are another team of inconsistent performances. One week they look like they are on their way up, the next week they look mediocre.  I think it is reasonable to assume the Raiders being at home, taking on a team on short rest and very banged up will have the edge.  

Heart says  WFT 24  LVR 21

Mind says LVR 28 WFT 17

• Like 1

• skins island connection changed the title to WFT vs Las Vegas Raiders Prediction Thread: R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Is He The Future Heinicke ? BABY! BABY!
8 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Its nothing, just a little sumpin' I throw in the title each week. But for some it could have meaning, just depends on which side of the boat you fish off of.

I trust you DO know who Aretha Franklin is, if not, i'm sorry.

I think he was referring to punctuation.

• Like 1