Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

His agent should be inducted into the agent Hall of Fame. He parlayed a few crazy fluke type plays into a potential $20 Mil contract.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I don't really see the point of TH being on the roster anyway if I'm being honest. I enjoyed his play sometimes, so I'm not a hater at all. But seriously the point in all this is to find a QB with the talent to take us to the next level, right? If its not the young guy we have now, then we are going to have to draft (or make a massive trade for) one anyway. 

Worst case scenario for us is Howell being trash and losing 15 games this season. But then we are in prime position to draft someone or trade the pick. What ****s that all up is TH winning 5 or 6 games for us again. I don't know why any of you would want to sign up for that possibility again. TH does nothing for us long term. Yall gonna have to get over it. If he was so ****ing awesome He would be in KC as a backup or something as often as Mahomes gets hurt. 

Like ive said i liked taylor but i understood he was a backup, that could fill in for a few games and get the team wins. He never was or will be a good full time starter.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Record for longest neck by an NFL QB...

Davis Mills or Mike Glennon?

E__dN9lVQAcy0nf?format=jpg&name=900x90021b9ok55bmky.jpg?auto=webp&s=aa80a9b8a96

Maybe we there's someone with a similar "profile" from the pool of candidate draftees.  And I suspect this guy would have a decent Wonderlic score.

image.png.d4ffc6e79219112f15176bd60572c898.png

Apologies, this post made me dig up my contribution to the Look-a-like thread when Washington was playing Jacksonville.  I was spoofing their punter Logan Cooke. (Below)

image.png.a76ed6b697ae6f36ac8235b1683797c0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

With all the energetic boosting you've done for heinie, you're now fussy about which losers you'll embrace?  

😈😁👹😛

Not embracing QB's that come here and turn to crap, 8 in Ron's tenure? Some people want to stay the course and stop it. I wanted TH to stay of course my opinion. Not a TH follower, not hurt never was, he is in Arlanta.  Not a fan of all the fussy little SH.T stirrers and Flammers either.  

Congrats to Heinicke on the new deal in Atl.  Well deserved, and I suspect he will get plenty of playing time over there next season as he is better than the starter.

Cheers #4.

Time to Howell at the moon until we sign someone else to become the most popular backup in NFL history. 

Would y'all be down to trade a 7th rd pick to Houston for Mils to keep him on his rookie contract for another two years?

If we wait till he gets cut we'll prob have to pay a few more million.

The tradeoff is: we seem to actually draft well in the 7th round. Kam Curl, Chris Paul, Christian Holmes... it's not just a throwaway pick for us. But OTOH, if you guaranteed your 7th round draft choice would turn into a good backup QB on a rookie deal, wouldn't you do it?

• Like 1

Taylor could run an offense. He could win -- and lose -- games for you. And the team loved him. If he had to play, he proved -- twice -- that he could at least keep you in the hunt. 

A backup like that is harder to find than many of you think. And I don't have any faith in Ron's view on QBs. Not sure how anyone could.

Should be interesting to see what happens. If I'm Ron, I'm overpaying if need be for a solid backup. And the list is getting short. Anyone who is pushing Teddy Bridgewater clearly hasn't seen him play recently. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Would y'all be down to trade a 7th rd pick to Houston for Mils to keep him on his rookie contract for another two years?

If we wait till he gets cut we'll prob have to pay a few more million.

The tradeoff is: we seem to actually draft well in the 7th round. Kam Curl, Chris Paul, Christian Holmes... it's not just a throwaway pick for us. But OTOH, if you guaranteed your 7th round draft choice would turn into a good backup QB on a rookie deal, wouldn't you do it?

He would have to clear waivers to get a new deal. We could simply claim him off waivers and keep his rookie deal. Unless a team worse than us claims him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Not embracing QB's that come here and turn to crap, 8 in Ron's tenure? Some people want to stay the course and stop it. I wanted TH to stay of course my opinion. Not a TH follower, not hurt never was, he is in Arlanta.  Not a fan of all the fussy little SH.T stirrers and Flammers either.  

Seriously,whether you see it or not, much of your actual posting on heinie counters your claims here. We have the receipts, ya know. There's a lot more folks than just me that knows this. Just keeping it real. 🙂

But your last sentence doesn't do you any favors and could get you a flag for a troll, but it won't given the recent contentiousness that went back and forth between more than a few jousters. And you also have a rule 6 violation in that post, but you're getting a break on that, too.

Moving on. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Options are becoming limited. We might end up with Shane Buechele after all :ols: Has he’s been given the ERFA tender by KC yet?

Just NO to Matt Ryan who got released by the Colts!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Seriously,whether you see it or not, much of your actual posting on heinie counters your claims here. We have the receipts, ya know. There's a lot more folks than just me that knows this. Just keeping it real. 🙂

But your last sentence doesn't do you any favors and could get you a flag for a troll, but it won't given the recent contentiousness that went back and forth between more than a few jousters.

Moving on. 🙂

I am moving on too, said what I needed to say. done with FA QB tread and anything QB except draft.  I think everybody wants Howell to become the man and it's what I want too. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

I am moving on too, said what I needed to say. done with FA QB tread and anything QB except draft.  I think everybody wants Howell to become the man and it's what I want too. 

Cool, and please note the sentence I forgot to include initially but did add a moment ago about you also having a clear rule six violation (read the rule) in your previous post so you don't do it again. 🙂

10 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

With TH gone our QB corps looks very brittle.

With zero ill intent, get it all out of your system by Wednesday, amigo. Then the move will be official and the heinie stuff will go in ATN since it will be about a falcon back up. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1