Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

This is the problem with bringing in someone that may be better than Howell during training camp and preseason. Ron is at the point now where he needs to win.....so what does he do if Brisset or Rush are notably better at running the offense? The cycle will start all over again..

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

just my opinion here, but (and I'm not advocating this 1 way or the other, as I have some positives & negatives to the possibility) unless some how here at 4pm we call Lamar Jackson up and knock his & his Mom's shoes off w/a offer they can't resist and Ravens can't match in 5 days then there's no way we aren't going into the OTA's and Training Camp and into the season with anyone other then Sam Howell as QB1.....wouldn't surprise me either if Jake Fromm isn't the #2 either and they draft a 3rd in the later rounds of the draft.  I think Brissett is too much $ for what they're looking for and Bridgewater isn't durable enough imho and Mayfield would be way to much $.....just seems as if the market is declined for their expectations and desires $ wise.  Just my opinion

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Brissett and Rush seem like they'd be looking for starting gigs, which Wash could ultimately be.

I'd like Brissett as a starter also.

But I want to put all the chips on Howell this season.

I want to put all our chips on Howell this season, too.  But I also just want a QB in here who can lead us to some wins.  If that's Brissett, then so be it.  

I do believe Howell will have every opportunity to seize everything he ever wanted. There might be vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti but he better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

If Howell is average to good, that's great.

If Howell is really good and the team is good, and he misses a few games, then having the good back up is important.

If Howell sucks, we're probably good enough to draft around 16 again.

Short injuries are the only reason I care about the back up. 

I'd be good with 2 QBs on day three.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, method man said:

He was bad last year. Isn’t it telling to you that the Eagles seem to be moving on from him?

That argument would certainly seem to have eliminated people plucked from their sister's couch from consideration and yet received a lot of acclaim and support here after said plucking.

I keep saying there's something about qb conversations that renders peoples brains even more erratic than normal here, and that's a notable thingy. 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I do believe Howell will have every opportunity to seize everything he ever wanted. There might be vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti but he better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him.

Rap on, whitey!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

In Howell's case you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

36 minutes ago, RWJ said:

What do you mean by this statement, Jumbo?  Are you being racist?  We are all brothers, man!  

Nothing goes over my head. | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

Also,

If Howell can't beat out Rush or Brissett he has no business being a starting QB. He will beat them out.

Only hesitation I have with any of these guys is their cost for what they are. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

46 minutes ago, RWJ said:

What do you mean by this statement, Jumbo?  Are you being racist?  We are all brothers, man!  

👍

I'd say we are all of the same family.

But allow me a point of privilege in this off topic, off forum, response. 😁

In my thirties, in Bremerton WA (big navy personnel population) I was the only white guy in a large group, we'll call it, of Samoans, Hawaiians, Guamanians, various other Pacific Islanders, and Puerto Ricans.

Every now and then I'd be introduced to other groups in the region and the question "who's the white guy" would come up. The main leader of my group would say "he's not just white man, he's German." 

I don't discriminate based on race, country of origin, religion, gender identification, etc. I think most peeps here probably have figured what I do "discriminate" against when I think appropriate: that old mix of ego-driven, willful, "arrogant ignorance" and general assholery (a behavioral science term 😛). Thus, I like to grind racists beneath my iron heel. 🙂

But even in service to humor and just having fun here, this is stuff I shouldn't post in the stadium so I end my moment of privilege.

Please don't make the same transgression I have here in reply to this post. 👹😁

Added: I have no idea where the red font came from. 🤪

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

👍

I'd say we are all of the same family.

But allow me a point of privilege in this off topic, off forum, response. 😁

In my thirties, in Bremerton WA (big navy personnel population) I was the only white guy in a large group, we'll call it, of Samoans, Hawaiians, Guamanians, various other Pacific Islanders, and Puerto Ricans.

Every now and then I'd be introduced to other groups in the region and the investible question "who's the white guy" would come up. The main leader of my group would say "he's not just white man, he's German." 

I don't discriminate based on race, country of origin, religion, gender identification, etc. I think most peeps here probably have figured what I do "discriminate" against when I think appropriate: that old mix of ego-driven, willful, "arrogant ignorance" and general assholery (a behavioral science term 😛). Thus, I like to grind racists beneath my iron heel. 🙂

But even in service to humor and just having fun here, this is stuff I shouldn't post in the stadium so I end my moment of privilege.

Please don't make the same transgression I have here in reply to this post. 👹😁

Added: I have no idea where the red font came from. 🤪

We are all brothers.  I don't know where the red came from either.  LOL.  Just want to see us all get along.  👊👍

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If Howell can't beat out Rush or Brissett he has no business being a starting QB. He will beat them out.

I am leaning towards Rush. What would be the cost for Rush?

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nothing goes over my head. | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

Also,

I think, KDawg, QB is the most important position the field for the offense. Personally, if Brissett were to challenge and win the position away from Howell and I like Howell, then Brissett has earned it.  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think, KDawg, QB is the most important position the field for the offense. Personally, if Brissett were to challenge and win the position away from Howell and I like Howell, then Brissett has earned it.  

I think that is exactly what I said.

But he won't beat out Howell.

Because Howell is better.