Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

There has been an awful lot of hate on people that even entertained the idea that rolling with heineke plus the picks and cap would have been a better option. So much so that there’s a movement to basically remove them from all conversation on this site. I thought Wentz represented a clear upgrade, but I have to say that I may have been wrong. We couldn’t be worse with heineke right now, in fact I think we win todays game with heineke. Awful performance. Truly one of the worst QB performances I’ve seen in DC and that’s saying something.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

There has been an awful lot of hate on people that even entertained the idea that rolling with heineke plus the picks and cap would have been a better option. So much so that there’s a movement to basically remove them from all conversation on this site. I thought Wentz represented a clear upgrade, but I have to say that I may have been wrong. We couldn’t be worse with heineke right now, in fact I think we win todays game with heineke. Awful performance. Truly one of the worst QB performances I’ve seen in DC and that’s saying something.

C'mon man. Do you remember Heinicke last year vs Dallas?

That Wentz put up similar numbers is pretty sad though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

C'mon man. Do you remember Heinicke last year vs Dallas?

That Wentz put up similar numbers is pretty sad though. 

All QBs have bad games, and if memory serves we had a whole lot of guys not playing in that game due to Covid. 

He also won 4 games in a row at one point last year and at least has the feel for the game that’s needed at that position.

That was truly one of the worst offenses I’ve ever seen today, and I’ve seen a ton of them over the years. 

13 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

The criticism of the Wentz move is fine, but there was no way you go into the season with Heinicke as the starting QB.  That is just a signal to the rest of the team you aren't serious about winning.  Wentz has his pros & cons, but he has played at a high enough level in the NFL.  Heinicke has had a few inspirational games mixed in with a lot of mediocrity.  This is still professional football and since Heinicke isn't a rookie or second year QB you are developing, running with him as the starter wouldn't fly. 

Now that said, yes we can look back and second guess the choice of Wentz specifically. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Howell playing at an ORotY level should be the only thing that can save Rons job. Play Sam from here on out. 

Snyder doesn’t have the money to pay him and also pay someone else contrary to popular belief he’s broke now, look how frugal we are in free agency he’s broke.

• Thumb up 1

Lol heinicke had all of last year to prove himself l, he didn’t we’ve moved on in some way i dont get why people want to circle back do we become a playoff team with heinicke?? Behind this o line? No. Losing scherff has killed us and its apparent rivera and co have no answers for the hole that’s been left 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

36 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I've seen enough. I was wrong about Wentz. Yes the o-line has been ****. But Wentz doesn't understand the game. He doesn't make adjustments and audibles. He doesn't know how to spread the field. He doesn't know how to throw his receivers open. It's not that Hienicke or Howell are any better. I do think Rivera will be gone this off-season and let the new coach find his guy. 

You’re looking for Superman.

How about we get a competent OL and let’s see if Wentz can run this offense. Right now no one can operate throwing 90% of passes behind the line of scrimmage.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

There is NO way in hell with our O line play, any QB would be effective back there.  We saw in the first game what Wentz can do with a clean pocket. What is on Wentz is how he has gotten mentally shell shocked. When he had a bit of time, this week and last week, his throws were too high, or too low. A lot of inaccuracy. NO QB plays well in this league with a **** O line. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

How's your Wentz stock doing?

Stocks & Related            
Table of Holdings

Last
                         Updated

WTZ 
WENTZ CORP

$1.53
-$100.00
-26.69%
 $13,278.60

-$12,466.59
-87.84%
    Underperform
C-3-9
10/02/2022
 Action for symbol WTZ

SELL

470647793_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_34_11PM.thumb.png.f3ea25bddc3921247f8a7c81a6eb0a27.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

You’re looking for Superman.

How about we get a competent OL and let’s see if Wentz can run this offense. Right now no one can operate throwing 90% of passes behind the line of scrimmage.

I think that is fair. I really can't get a read on Wentz with the oline. The Scherff lost has killed are oline. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 5:20 AM, Daniel.redskins said:

I can't believe people think Heinicke and Howell are better than Wentz. Rewatch last year's games, especially against New Orleans, Denver, and Dallas. Heinicke was God awful and couldn't throw the ball 40 yards downfield.  

i dont think Howell is better… 

i just think we know enough about wentz, and he aint the answer.  Gotta find out if the answer is on the current roster or do we need to go QB shopping yet again…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Letting Carson hit 70% of the snaps and turn the conditional 3rd round pick from the trade turn into a 2nd would be a fire-able offense in of itself.

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!

I wouldn't risk starting him for 10 games though. I've seen what I need to see to ascertain that at best-- Wentz is NOT a long term answer.

We know Heinike is a backup and nothing more. I say start him until Howell is ready. Both of them are far more elusive than Wentz and have the capability to extend plays with this iffensive line that is essential.

This season has quickly become about the 2023 draft. We need to know what we have in Howell before the season ends.

Who knows he just might be the answer. However, we're not going to find out if he stays on the bench.

22 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think that is fair. I really can't get a read on Wentz with the oline.

“I really can’t get a read on Scott Turner with Heinicke/Allen/Gilbert running his offense.”

”I really can’t get a read on Wentz with the OLine.”

”I really can’t get a read on Rivera with no QB and Snyder as owner.”

I sense a pattern among the fan base lol…

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

There is NO way in hell with our O line play, any QB would be effective back there.  We saw in the first game what Wentz can do with a clean pocket. What is on Wentz is how he has gotten mentally shell shocked. When he had a bit of time, this week and last week, his throws were too high, or too low. A lot of inaccuracy. NO QB plays well in this league with a **** O line. 

As much as I'd like to agree, wentz failed last year in Indy behind a great o line with a great RB

I posted this in the game thread

Wentz is absolutely terrible

theres a reason two teams have already offloaded him

Slow/No mobility 

Often doesn't set his feet 

Overthrows the ball/can't take speed off the ball

No pocket awareness 

Makes poor decisions like not throwing it away/taking needless sacks 

Russell Wilson made a career running from a terrible o line and with a defensive head coach and no superstar WR's 

Wentz doesn't improve, he's the exact same scrub he was with an amazing o line and RB in Indy 

Yeah he's a big arm, but he's a 1 dimensional dud

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Searchingforaqb said:

As much as I'd like to agree, wentz failed last year in Indy behind a great o line with a great RB

I posted this in the game thread

Wentz is absolutely terrible

theres a reason two teams have already offloaded him

Slow/No mobility 

Often doesn't set his feet 

Overthrows the ball/can't take speed off the ball

No pocket awareness 

Makes poor decisions like not throwing it away/taking needless sacks 

Russell Wilson made a career running from a terrible o line and with a defensive head coach and no superstar WR's 

Wentz doesn't improve, he's the exact same scrub he was with an amazing o line and RB in Indy 

Yeah he's a big arm, but he's a 1 dimensional dud

Indy has not been better with out him about the same.  Not to say Wentz has been doing any better here.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Indy has not been better with out him about the same. 

Doesn't really prove much. Ryan is also an aging has been. 

the point I was making is when wentz had a great o line/rb and decent wrs he was still terrible. Eagles flying again now without him too.

• Thumb up 1

I’m also surprised there haven’t really been any “Dallas sidelined their high priced starting QB and his mediocre back up is looking better and winning games. Should we?” takes…not necessarily here but anywhere. I predicted if we started off 0-3 and Wentz looked like he did in 2020 there would be calls for TH among fans and even some media members. Not really happening, though. Feels weird to be wrong about something lol 😎

You know, at this point, the team is 1-3. And what looked to be an easy schedule has now been shown to be a dog fight every week from here on out.

If the FO and Ron are serious about winning and making the right calls, I think they have to consider seeing what they have in Howell. At least through the first qtr of the season, I think it's safe to say Wentz isn't the future (regardless of the oline). 

The FO has for years lacked the foresight to plan ahead. Why not put the young buck in and see if you're going into the 23 draft looking for a QB.

Wentz was a "good consolidation prize", but he clearly through the first qtr of the season isn't the answer for the future. 

As I posted before, I simply don't care anymore.  Doesn't stop me from making observations. At this point, see what the kid has at the most important position and make adjustments from there. But alas, this is Ron's FO and will ultimately lead mini me to taking back full control and leading the team right back down the same rabbit hole. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

HTTR!

• Like 1