Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  O line was bad.  Is Wentz part of the reason?  I suspect yes.  Some who knew Wentz warned that he takes a lot of sacks and in turn can make the O lines look worse.  But clearly there are issues with the O line irrespective of Wentz.

Plenty to debate in there.  But to suggest the group that was both physically getting pushed back and pushing the line of scrimmage back via penalties did their job is outrageous.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Plenty to debate in there.  But to suggest the group that was both physically getting pushed back and pushing the line of scrimmage back via penalties did their job is outrageous.

Agree O line was bad.  The O line has gone from a strength to a weakness -- judging by Cooley, Paulsen's film review, Wentz has contributed to the O line's issues but he's not the main culprit. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Citing only 2 sacks and saying they did their job is incredibly disingenuous.  Not sure how anyone can watch the game and make such a statement.   

When you're QB backpedals into pressure over and over and over then that pressure is 100% on him.  Not the poor Olinemen who are taught to keep riding their man out so the QB can step up.  For an NFL QB, who was the #2 pick in the draft, to look so bad is mind blowing!  I'm appalled at how bad his footwork and throwing mechanics are.  There's a reason the Colts Head Coach and Carson's former OC didn't fight to keep Wentz in Indy.  And we're all seeing it clearly now. He can't even beat defenses with audibles or his mind.  He's not getting thru his progressions quickly enough.  Late on throws.  He freezes up as soon as he sees an off color jersey anywhere near him.  

Why is it that Washington keeps making the same mistake of thinking that someone else's leftover QB can be the savior?!?!  Oh yeah, having a Fantasy Football geek for an owner is why.  

I know the move will come too late but RR will have to move on from the Carson Wentz experiment.  He is single-handedly holding the team back.  He's not even a good game manager at this point.    If the team is going to suffer thru growing pains then better to do so with a courageous rookie.  

3 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Wentz was fine last year in Indy. Stop falling for the crazy guy who thinks it’s all about the QB. 

Teams wins games, always has always will.

And yet, Indy couldn't wait to move on from him.  But Washington is so QB starved the fans and coaching staff will settle for anybody who looks like a prototype, Madden NFL QB.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Citing only 2 sacks and saying they did their job is incredibly disingenuous.  Not sure how anyone can watch the game and make such a statement.   

Standing seems to have an agenda. 
Ron keeps trying to coach speak, that his OL isn’t our biggest problem.

4 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

When you're QB backpedals into pressure over and over and over then that pressure is 100% on him.  Not the poor Olinemen who are taught to keep riding their man out so the QB can step up.  For an NFL QB, who was the #2 pick in the draft, to look so bad is mind blowing!  I'm appalled at how bad his footwork and throwing mechanics are.  There's a reason the Colts Head Coach and Carson's former OC didn't fight to keep Wentz in Indy.  And we're all seeing it clearly now. He can't even beat defenses with audibles or his mind.  He's not getting thru his progressions quickly enough.  Late on throws.  He freezes up as soon as he sees an off color jersey anywhere near him.  

Why is it that Washington keeps making the same mistake of thinking that someone else's leftover QB can be the savior?!?!  Oh yeah, having a Fantasy Football geek for an owner is why.  

I know the move will come too late but RR will have to move on from the Carson Wentz experiment.  He is single-handedly holding the team back.  He's not even a good game manager at this point.    If the team is going to suffer thru growing pains then better to do so with a courageous rookie.  

And yet, Indy couldn't wait to move on from him.  But Washington is so QB starved the fans and coaching staff will settle for anybody who looks like a prototype, Madden NFL QB.  

Right, that team that improved leaps and bounds by replacing Wentz.

let me repeat that. TEAMS WIN GAMES. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

If this season is already lost, I'd rather them put Howell in and have him get some experience. I have no desire to watch Heini for 13 more games. 

I have zero desire to watch Taylor one game. 

• Thumb up 1

One of the problems switching to Taylor is that we've already said he's not the quarterback that can lead us into the playoffs and a winning season. He just doesn't have the skill set to do that. It was stuck with Carson's then we're stuck for a while I would think but he's just so bad. His press conference was terrible everything was will have to review the tape I don't know just an awful response from him. His skill set is shot he holds the ball too long and even when he's free to throw he overthrows all the time. Just a poor signing when we could have used the money for so many other areas on this team.

30 minutes ago, Tonysoprano1 said:

One of the problems switching to Taylor is that we've already said he's not the quarterback that can lead us into the playoffs and a winning season. He just doesn't have the skill set to do that. It was stuck with Carson's then we're stuck for a while I would think but he's just so bad. His press conference was terrible everything was will have to review the tape I don't know just an awful response from him. His skill set is shot he holds the ball too long and even when he's free to throw he overthrows all the time. Just a poor signing when we could have used the money for so many other areas on this team.

I don’t think they have said that. What they have implies through their actions is that he is not the guy to lead them to the big year 3 Ron was talking about (11 or 12+ wins). Going 8-5 against a schedule that includes 3 remaining AFC South teams + Bears is in the realm of possibility given he went 7-8 against a much harder schedule last year.

I never understand the “we must win the next two games” kinda stuff. Or the “We’re still in the wildcard hunt” line of thinking.

Anybody who watches the games knows that this season is over. Another pathetic display, year after year. No end in sight.

i would like to see Howell get some reps at some point. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Wentz has had 3 good seasons over the course of his career.  Frank Reich (or his system) was involved in all 3.  This season is looking like the 2020 season all over again.  He's not comfortable in this system.  Yes, the offensive line has been bad, but how much of that falls on Wentz?  This was the same old song and dance with the Eagles in 2020.  But nothing is going to happen.  He's going to play the entire year, barring injury.  He shouldn't, but he will.  I'm just glad they 'finally found a quarterback'. 

13 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I never understand the “we must win the next two games” kinda stuff. Or the “We’re still in the wildcard hunt” line of thinking.

Anybody who watches the games knows that this season is over. Another pathetic display, year after year. No end in sight.

i would like to see Howell get some reps at some point. 

It's honestly most tragic thing because it keeps us in this never ending cycle of missing out on a wild card or getting a wild card and then losing a playoff game and having bad draft position. It also keeps us with whatever mediocre coaching staff/ front office.

Best case scenario at this point is we lose out and get one of the top picks along with a new GM who picks his own Coach.

The most likely scenario is we **** around and win some games and Rivera keeps his job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Best case scenario at this point is we lose out and get one of the top picks along with a new GM who picks his own Coach.

The most likely scenario is we **** around and win some games and Rivera keeps his job.

Winning some games is more possible than some believe IMO.  This feeling right now is almost EXACTLY what it felt like Ron's first two seasons.  His teams here and in Carolina have mostly started poorly.   I don't think this team is going anywhere.  but it felt that way last season too with the abysmal start, then they started winning.

I personally don't want a 8-9 season, I'd rather have a 4-13 one.  Get that stud player, preferably QB. 

• Like 3

What’s gonna happen is th or howell will come in and our team will start looking normal and get some wins. Wentz is simply the worst qb on the roster. Th won 7 games last year with less talent and a tougher schedule. You can’t do anything in this league if you don’t have a good qb. Ron’s obviously not the best head coach/gm but he’s not the biggest problem. See what Ron can do the rest of the season without Wentz as the starter and if it’s still ugly then you fire him. 

Listening to Standig on 980 right now. Boy has he turned against Carson Wentz.  He was ok with the trade so I disagree with those that say he has an agenda.    Standig saying that they are hiding Carson Wentz in the last game because of his limitations

The dude ironically with an agenda, Sheehan argued with him about the O line.  Standig arguing the O line played better and Sheehan strongly disagreeing saying the O line stunk. 

• Thanks 3

The OL was offensive.  Wentz needs to be better but it sure seems like 80% or more of his drop backs he's got guys in his face because the OL failed to block.  At this point if the OL is going to be this bad all season, I'd rather see Wentz take a beating all season I don't want to see Howell get the Patrick Ramsey treatment his rookie year. 

Edited by MariusVT
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Here's the problem....Teams know that we can't pass protect long enough to get the ball downfield, so all this talk about getting rid of the ball quickly is more difficult when teams are playing tighter underneath coverage.

Yeah, it doesn't matter. The blueprint for beating is is really simple. You don't need to blitz. You can comfortably blanket receivers and get sacks n' stuff.

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

14c3887e3825b1259470861916f6e003.jpg.0c8a63f00fcabed3ceff8dd6d8568c23.jpg

This is our code red moment, I know people thought it was the moment we saw the iceberg but we have to get this hole plugged up or i feel something terrible is going to happen!

EB is a horses ass. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wnniing some games is more possible than some believe IMO.  This feeling right now is almost EXACTLY what it felt like Ron's first two seasons.  His teams here and in Carolina have mostly started poorly.   I don't think this team is going anywhere.  but it felt that way last season too with the abysmal start, then they started winning.

I personally don't want a 8-9 season, I'd rather have a 4-13 one.  Got that stud player, preferably QB. 

We need to bench Carson imo. Tank with Heinicke and get a top QB for the new GM/Coach combo. Maybe Howell can get some snaps once Heine goes down with a broken rib.

• Like 1