Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

7 hours ago, Burgold said:

Unfortunately, I think this is fair. I was very much for winning in 2020 and getting in the playoffs even though I knew it was a one and done because I believed the value of unifying and fighting through adversity and getting a taste of the offseason would be good for this team. However, winning did not have any carryover into 2021. The team came out flat, disorganized, and looked like they'd never learned how to communicate on a football field.

Because of that, I can't imagine a season finale against a team as mentally done and deficient as the Giants will propel us. I certainly don't mind embarrassing the Giants. F Mara always. I think stuffing "clown show" back into Judge's face has some emotional value though I wish we could have shoved Jerrah's words back in his face more when the games mattered. I'm also glad that Gibson and McClaurin reached their thousand yards and did it impressively.

Still, I think ultimately winning doesn't help us. That said, I don't advocate players or coaches intentionally tanking. If you're on the field, you should try to win.

Our defense was so dominant that we made the NYG offense run back to back QB sneaks on 2nd and 3rd down before they punted. It's clear they feared us....I expect to see more teams doing this against us next year. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Our defense was so dominant that we made the NYG offense run back to back QB sneaks on 2nd and 3rd down before they punted. It's clear they feared us....I expect to see more teams doing this against us next year. 

lolol no dude they had Jake Fromm. This is the same D that got eviscerated by Dak Prescott like three weeks ago. Nobody fears us.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

lolol no dude they had Jake Fromm. This is the same D that got eviscerated by Dak Prescott like three weeks ago. Nobody fears us.

This guy seems to forget the giants only had 1 td in their past 40 possession but some how our defense is legit lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kwitt said:

The point I am making is getting upset we aren't picking 8 instead of 11 is a tad overblown.

Probably so, value wise the difference is probably a third round pick if you needed to move up from 11 to 8.

So there is a meaningful difference but the bottom line is you still need to draft well irrespective of the slot you are in.

I was just reading the 1st couple of pages of this thread and noticed some wanted to go D instead of QB back in October. I guess now those probably want to go QB instead. 

I would go QB but if we don't move up then we will end up with 3rd or 4th picked QB instead. 

Ron will go heavy in the offseason for a vet - if one is attainable that is. 

• zCommander changed the title to 2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11
5 hours ago, Scottlo said:

Don't bet on it. Chase got his, he's done 

How so? He is still on a rookie contract and the endorsements will dry up quick if he doesn't start producing on the field. Unless he is really good with money, he still hasn't "got his". Maybe in comparison to you and me but not to top earners in the league. 

Whether or not he will break out is up to him, and ultimately his talent level. We know he has the physical tools. 

I will say his comments on OTAs leads me to believe he still doesn't get it. IMO Rivera should strip him of the Captain patch should he chose to skip again. Leaders show up. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

How so? He is still on a rookie contract and the endorsements will dry up quick if he doesn't start producing on the field. Unless he is really good with money, he still hasn't "got his". Maybe in comparison to you and me but not to top earners in the league. 

Whether or not he will break out is up to him, and ultimately his talent level. We know he has the physical tools. 

I will say his comments on OTAs leads me to believe he still doesn't get it. IMO Rivera should strip him of the Captain patch should he chose to skip again. Leaders show up. 

well rehab from an ACL means it's unlikely he's ready to participate in OTAs except doing rehab

39 minutes ago, MrJL said:

well rehab from an ACL means it's unlikely he's ready to participate in OTAs except doing rehab

Can he rehab and be there for meetings? Can he cheer on his teammates and encourage them and do all the things a real captain does? He needs to be there if he can. If he physically can't be there so be it. If he can and he chooses not too, he shouldn't be a captain. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zskins said:

I was just reading the 1st couple of pages of this thread and noticed some wanted to go D instead of QB back in October. I guess now those probably want to go QB instead. 

I would go QB but if we don't move up then we will end up with 3rd or 4th picked QB instead. 

Ron will go heavy in the offseason for a vet - if one is attainable that is. 

I don’t mind landing the 3rd or 4th qb if it’s someone they love.  We’re not in an ideal position at #11, but it’s not a bad spot either.  Going to be interesting to see how the picks go before us (or if we, or someone behind us, trade up).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I'm still not convince Chase has the physical tools to be dominant pass rusher. I'll keep saying it because nobody seems to want to respond to this point but Chase Young does not have the explosive first step to get the edge, the go-to move for all great pass rushers. He had it in college, a lot of that was being first off the snap and of course he was not playing NFL OTs.  Until he gets the edge he will just be a good player and not much more IMO.    

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm still not convince Chase has the physical tools to be dominant pass rusher. I'll keep saying it because nobody seems to want to respond to this point but Chase Young does not have the explosive first step to get the edge, the go-to move for all great pass rushers. He had it in college, a lot of that was being first off the snap and of course he was not playing NFL OTs.  Until he gets the edge he will just be a good player and not much more IMO.    

Yeah I don't think he'll be that generational game wrecker either. But I still think he can be a really good all around DE.