Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

13 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm still not convince Chase has the physical tools to be dominant pass rusher. I'll keep saying it because nobody seems to want to respond to this point but Chase Young does not have the explosive first step to get the edge, the go-to move for all great pass rushers. He had it in college, a lot of that was being first off the snap and of course he was not playing NFL OTs.  Until he gets the edge he will just be a good player and not much more IMO.    

@MrJLgave this a thumbs down.  Would you care to elaborate?  Did you see Chase Young getting the edge or being run behind the QB?  Do you not have a concern about that?  Please respond.  

13 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm still not convince Chase has the physical tools to be dominant pass rusher. I'll keep saying it because nobody seems to want to respond to this point but Chase Young does not have the explosive first step to get the edge, the go-to move for all great pass rushers. He had it in college, a lot of that was being first off the snap and of course he was not playing NFL OTs.  Until he gets the edge he will just be a good player and not much more IMO.    

@MrJLgave this a thumbs down.  Would you care to elaborate?  Did you see Chase Young getting the edge or being run behind the QB on a regular bass?  Do you not have a concern about that?  Please respond.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I need all you mock draft gurus who really pay attention to what's being said around the league and to Draft experts and different teams' needs and who really know college football like the back of your hands, to tell me who are the best long-snappers who will still be available at #11?...

Why? There's nothing better than a well-aged cheese.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

My hope is that 2021 was just an off year. Chase because of COVID in 2019 never really had much of a rookie camp or any OTAs and because of business decisions skipped all the offseason work. I think he got it in his head that he already knew what he needed to know and trained hard, but not well. Hopefully, he recovers from the sophomore slump. If he really wants all the endorsements and side hustles, he's got to be better focused on his number one job.

21 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I hope you are wrong about Chase being nothing more than a good player, but last year, IMO, he wasn't even that.  If last year is a prelude of the rest of his career, he will be considered a total bust.  To be perfectly honest, I am very concerned about his skill, his will, and his IQ.

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, ksun247 said:

Sign a Vet QB. Don't wanna trade for one unless it's Watson. Draft best MLB at 11 or Hamilton if he drops. Then take  QB Carson Strong in 2nd. He can learn behind the Vet and gives his knee more time to heal. 

Washington needs closer to a sure thing than a 2nd rounder with knee issues. If we can’t trade for Watson, I’d try to get Jameis and draft Pickett or Corrall and let either one sit a year. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, ksun247 said:

Sign a Vet QB. Don't wanna trade for one unless it's Watson. Draft best MLB at 11 or Hamilton if he drops. Then take  QB Carson Strong in 2nd. He can learn behind the Vet and gives his knee more time to heal. 

Strong has good size and he was great the last two seasons but he played in the Mountain West. That conference had a total of 52 players in the NFL this season. IMO he’s a little too risky for a second round pick. I would definitely take him in the 5th-7th rounds though and hope he develops. 

Edited by Jds0912
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Washington needs closer to a sure thing than a 2nd rounder with knee issues. If we can’t trade for Watson, I’d try to get Jameis and draft Pickett or Corrall and let either one sit a year. 

No ****ing way on Jameis... No retreads. I don't see Watson or Wilson coming here, so roll with the rookie in the 1st round with TH as back-up.

• Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, shemp nixon said:

No ****ing way on Jameis... No retreads. I don't see Watson or Wilson coming here, so roll with the rookie in the 1st round with TH as back-up.

Jameis might throw picks, but he will put points on the board. You bring Jameis in and we can still draft our QB at 11. Let him sit a year so when it’s his turn, he’ll be ready. 

We come back next with a rookie and Heinicke, that will be another year wasted. 

9 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Jameis might throw picks, but he will put points on the board. You bring Jameis in and we can still draft our QB at 11. Let him sit a year so when it’s his turn, he’ll be ready. 

Jameis will probably stay in New Orleans 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Rivera has already said the rook will start. They are not drafting him to sit and watch.

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

When did he say that? 

He didn't. As @ConnSKINS26noted, it's a misrepresentation. He said a couple of things that seemed a little contradictory though. He (semi-jokingly) talked about whether or not people would give a rookie (and himself) some time and then also said that a rookie could start immediately. I took that to mean that there's no reason a rookie can't start, but at same time you have to have patience as it can take some time for a young QB to get up to speed in the NFL.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He didn't. As @ConnSKINS26noted, it's a misrepresentation. He said a couple of things that seemed a little contradictory though. He (semi-jokingly) talked about whether or not people would give a rookie (and himself) some time and then also said that a rookie could start immediately. I took that to mean that there's no reason a rookie can't start, but at same time you have to have patience as it can take some time for a young QB to get up to speed in the NFL.

Rivera was on someones podcast, he said in todays NFL you don't draft those guys to sit them, they play. I was not trying to misrepresent his words, that was how I took them.Have a nice day.    

11 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Rivera was on someones podcast, he said in todays NFL you don't draft those guys to sit them, they play. I was not trying to misrepresent his words, that was how I took them.Have a nice day.    

He also said in another interview that you need to have patience with them too. I think he even mentioned that year 3 is usually when you know for sure. So he implied that a rookie can start but also that he doesn't necessarily have to and may take some time to learn as well.

You have a nice day as well.

forrest-gump.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 2:16 AM, Barry.Randolphe said:

My hope is there is a run on QBs so that Kyle Hamilton drops to us at 11. Dude is a freak.

6'4, 220 lbs....can cover like a safety....can hit like a LB. Best FS prospect in a while

Wow. This is the guy. Forget rookie QB. Sign a qb, unless you get AROD, Russ or Watson, this is the guy. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

Wow. This is the guy. Forget rookie QB. Sign a qb, unless you get AROD, Russ or Watson, this is the guy. 

He's not going to be there.  He's the cleanest prospect in the draft.  All the other guys have some sort of warts.  Like Stingley hasn't been right since his stellar freshman season.  Hutchinson has perceived athleticism issues.  Is Neal a LT?  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

He's not going to be there.  He's the cleanest prospect in the draft.  All the other guys have some sort of warts.  Like Stingley hasn't been right since his stellar freshman season.  Hutchinson has perceived athleticism issues.  Is Neal a LT?  

You are more than likely correct. 😔 

On 2/7/2022 at 9:06 AM, mhd24 said:

I agree that Hamilton probably won't be there at 11, but he's not the cleanest prospect in the class.  Hutchinson is a freak athlete.  He was #2 on Feldman's freaks list and he'll probably test super well at the combine.  The only knock I can find on him is that his arms are supposedly a little short, but that's about it.  Hamilton's injury history and position value are bigger headwinds on his draft stock than anything Hutchinson will face.  The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Thibs and Hutchinson will be 1 & 2.  I think the Jets will trade up to #1 for one of them.  I think Detroit settles for whichever one is left, and that Houston just goes BPA and that the Jags take Neal if he's there at 4 or Ekwonu.

I could see Hamilton going at #3, #5/#7, and that this floor is probably Atlanta at #8.