Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

1 hour ago, Commander -JB- said:

Draft a ****ing QB.

Been in QB hell for 30 years now.

I don’t want another first round Safety.  I don’t want another Carlos Rogers.  I don’t want another Jamin Davis.  

Draft a ****ing QB.

That is the proven route for sustained success. I just don't know if any of the QBs this year are worthwhile. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That is the proven route for sustained success. I just don't know if any of the QBs this year are worthwhile. 

This is where I am. I don't see much of a difference between QBs expected to go round 1 vs round 2. They all have warts. 

I want a elite player at 11, preferably a LB or WR. Im fine with going qb in the 2nd or trading into the late 1st.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Commander -JB- said:

Draft a ****ing QB.

Been in QB hell for 30 years now.

I don’t want another first round Safety.  I don’t want another Carlos Rogers.  I don’t want another Jamin Davis.  

Draft a ****ing QB.

So you want another Dwayne Haskins? Force a QB pick when the evaluators don't see the value?

• Like 6

Well, I am back. I thought for a while they did not want psychopaths or sociopaths on the forum, but I misread the topic above.  I am totally with Duffy on this one. I go best player available in the first round and then see who slips to the second and third round.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:29 PM, gooseneck said:

Well, I am back. I thought for a while they did not want psychopaths or sociopaths on the forum, but I misread the topic above.  I am totally with Duffy on this one. I go best player available in the first round and then see who slips to the second and third round.

Right, because that's worked out for so many teams. The hit rate on QBs after the 1st round is absolutely abysmal. But we should definitely keep doing it. Because we're Washington and we don't learn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Right, because that's worked out for so many teams. The hit rate on QBs after the 1st round is absolutely abysmal. But we should definitely keep doing it. Because we're Washington and we don't learn.

Agreed. Taking a shot at a QB in the draft at anything other than round 1 is a complete waste. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. Taking a shot at a QB in the draft at anything other than round 1 is a complete waste. 

I'm actually fine with taking QBs later in the draft, with the caveat that you're not drafting them with the idea that they'll be your franchise QB but most likely a backup. Drafting a QB after the 1st round and assuming he'll turn into a top tier NFL starter is basically a recipe for disappointment. It happens, but it's incredibly rare.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:12 PM, Warhead36 said:

Yep...we drafted a ****ing QB from Ohio State a couple of years ago and have nothing to show for it. It's not as easy as drafting a QB....that's why we haven't had one since RGlll and that was a tease. I agree, this doesn't seem to be the year to draft a QB...

43 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yep...we drafted a ****ing QB from Ohio State a couple of years ago and have nothing to show for it. It's not as easy as drafting a QB....that's why we haven't had one since RGlll and that was a tease. I agree, this doesn't seem to be the year to draft a QB...

Of course you have to draft the right guy. But you don't stop trying. 

On 2/16/2022 at 8:49 AM, mistertim said:

Goof point.  Our sterling success of picking Quarterbacks in the first round versus other rounds should lead us on the way.

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2022 at 12:23 AM, gooseneck said:

Goof point.  Our sterling success of picking Quarterbacks in the first round versus other rounds should lead us on the way.

Yes in the last 20 years our 3 1st round QBs have't been stars. So logically the best thing to do is to give up on drafting QBs in the 1st (where there's approximately a 40-50% hit rate) and instead focus on the other rounds (where there's about a 2% hit rate). Brilliant.

Edited by mistertim

On 2/20/2022 at 12:23 AM, gooseneck said:

I don't think the hit rate for drafting a QB in the 1st round is all that great either. So many busts.....it really comes down to how good the roster is in most cases, outside of the Mahomes of the world, and even he has some spectacular weapons to help him out. 

28 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I saw a mock draft where they had us picking a guard at 11. That has to be crazy talk. No?

Some people see Texas A&M's Kenyon Green on the level of Vera Tucker or Rashaawn Slater from last year. An o-linemen with a guards power and a tackle's flexibility and athleticism. That kind of high level position flex is becoming even more valuable with the extended season. It's not crazy, it may even be BPA, but it's definitely not what people are hoping for. 

• Like 3