Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

1 minute ago, Drfustercluck said:

Why, as a fan, does the win stink? That's a head scratcher for me.

I came into this game thinking, "how will the defense approach the last game of the season?" Against a horrid team like the Giants I would hope they would show some life. They did more than that. They dominated as they should've.

To me, in this game, I feel like something clicked with the defense. On top of that, they made Judge eat his words. As a fan, I was proud of our team all around. 

We fall, what, to the 11th pick? Could be worse. 

As a fan, I'll take the win over a "clown show" division rival.

Because it was a ****ty win to ruin draft position. 

I can't make the assessment that something clicked with the D because the Giants are so bad. And a lot of it WAS just that. Their OL and QBs aren't good. Their RB is now injury plagued and their receivers are disinterested.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I can't make the assessment that something clicked with the D because the Giants are so bad. And a lot of it WAS just that. Their OL and QBs aren't good. Their RB is now injury plagued and their receivers are disinterested.

As a fan, a win by Washington will never be ****ty, especially against a division rival and regardless of draft position.

One could make the argument about our history of position in the draft over the past 30 years and where it's really gotten us. Would I have liked to see us move up to 8th? Sure. But, I just don't think moving down a few rungs is going to hurt us either.

As a fan, I'm enjoying the win and looking forward to 2022.

Edited by Drfustercluck
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Drfustercluck said:

As a fan, a win by Washington will never be ****ty, especially against a division rival and regardless of draft position.

One could make the argument about our history of position in the draft over the past 30 years and where it's really gotten us. Would I have liked to see us move up to 8th? Sure. But, I just don't think moving down a few rungs is going to hurt us either.

As a fan, I'm enjoying the win and looking forward to 2023.

It’s okay that you fan differently than I do. You don’t need to justify it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Unfortunately, I think this is fair. I was very much for winning in 2020 and getting in the playoffs even though I knew it was a one and done because I believed the value of unifying and fighting through adversity and getting a taste of the offseason would be good for this team. However, winning did not have any carryover into 2021. The team came out flat, disorganized, and looked like they'd never learned how to communicate on a football field.

Because of that, I can't imagine a season finale against a team as mentally done and deficient as the Giants will propel us. I certainly don't mind embarrassing the Giants. F Mara always. I think stuffing "clown show" back into Judge's face has some emotional value though I wish we could have shoved Jerrah's words back in his face more when the games mattered. I'm also glad that Gibson and McClaurin reached their thousand yards and did it impressively.

Still, I think ultimately winning doesn't help us. That said, I don't advocate players or coaches intentionally tanking. If you're on the field, you should try to win.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There was no way we would have lost yesterday.  Fromm was god awful.  Heineke was pretty bad, but we played basic football and won easily.  We would have won with John Beck back there.  The Giants are utterly awful.  

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Unfortunately, I think this is fair. I was very much for winning in 2020 and getting in the playoffs even though I knew it was a one and done because I believed the value of unifying and fighting through adversity and getting a taste of the offseason would be good for this team. However, winning did not have any carryover into 2021. The team came out flat, disorganized, and looked like they'd never learned how to communicate on a football field.

Because of that, I can't imagine a season finale against a team as mentally done and deficient as the Giants will propel us. I certainly don't mind embarrassing the Giants. F Mara always. I think stuffing "clown show" back into Judge's face has some emotional value though I wish we could have shoved Jerrah's words back in his face more when the games mattered. I'm also glad that Gibson and McClaurin reached their thousand yards and did it impressively.

Still, I think ultimately winning doesn't help us. That said, I don't advocate players or coaches intentionally tanking. If you're on the field, you should try to win.

We were going to win always.  The Giants are the worst team in the NFL.  Heineke tried giving the game away and we still won going away.  

• Like 4

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s okay that you fan differently than I do. You don’t need to justify it.

Just friendly, fandom bantor brother. Sometimes throwing around my sometimes inane, banal thoughts with another fan helps me in a therapeutic way forget the past and look to the future.

In some ways, aren't we all trying to justify why we're still fans after all these years?

I feel like next year is the year. But, then again, I say that at the end of every year. 😉🤪

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Excellent points. The offense was incredibly unorganized, although I think we can all be proud of McClaurin and AG. I'd also like to think that the defense came out and played well. They needed this game and I'm awfully proud of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

I have no idea. I think that was more surrender than anything else. I think they were desperate to avoid a safety.

Maybe the Giants were trying to throw the game. It looked like their D was trying. Those sneaks made no sense whatsoever.

To me, it was them trying to give their punter space (not risking a TFL), which made some sense I thought.  Doing it 2 plays in a row was… quite remarkable though.

I'm going to assume that the first two picks are locked in with the top 2 DEs.

We can get in front of Denver by moving up to 8 with the Falcons if we dangle Sweat, because their pass rush is god awful.

I think we can move up into the top 3,4,5 slots faily easily, since they probably don't need a QB, but need more players.

I could see the Steelers trying to move up. Broncos too.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Normally, I am all for the draft position game--however, I could not justify losing to that no-talent ass clown, Joe Judge. That would have been an embarrassing loss. While it might not have propelled us to anything, losing to that bloviating jackass would have set us back more than losing 2 draft slots.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Normally, I am all for the draft position game--however, I could not justify losing to that no-talent ass clown, Joe Judge. That would have been an embarrassing loss. While it might not have propelled us to anything, losing to that bloviating jackass would have set us back more than losing 2 draft slots.

I'm not attempting to justify losing to the Giants. That team is truly awful. And had given up.

But beating them does nothing for me, and nor do I think it does a whole lot for the franchise. I'd rather have the three draft spots as a fan.

As a player/coach there's no way I want to lose to that team. If I do it stings for a month and then the offseason hype starts and I chalk it up to our team being in disarray.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tanking to get a couple slots higher in the draft, isn't always the best thing to do for your draft.

And it's not worth stressing over, if it's such a small number of slots. Because of the fact that the draft is such a crapshoot.

You could actually end up with a better player by picking a couple slots later.

The player rated a couple slots higher could easily and commonly become a disappointment or even a bust.

It's not an exact science. For example, the 13th pick can easily turn out better than the 9th overall pick.

Just gotta take what the draft gives you and not overthink it or stress about getting the worst possible record, because of the misguided belief that that always nets you a better player.

Then there's the fact that losing more games may hurt your chances to re-sign your own FA, or other teams' FA's

On top of all that, I'm a firm believer in the concept of "learning how to win" as a team.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, KDawg said:

Our mediocre or less results do not in any way include the effort of a quarterback.

Griffin actually helped this franchise but he and the circumstances around him failed us. But it was our greatest chance at finding success in a very, very small window. The issue with Griffin was the cost to move up and what happened around him. But the move COULD have actually worked. 

Oh how I've missed your sunny disposition. 🌞 👊🏼

41 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The bottom line is that Rivera needs to be more aggressive with his resources this offseason. I don’t think sitting around at pick #11 is going to get the job done. Could be wrong on that.

Gonna have to make a ballsy move, for sure.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Some of us need time to adjust to the fact that they let KDawg pick the new name. 

Washington Wu Clan. 

Enter the Chamber.

Its for the Children.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh how I've missed your sunny disposition. 🌞👊🏼

Gonna have to make a ballsy move, for sure.

If by sunny disposition you mean realistic.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its hard to out tank the Giants. I think if we played almost any other team in the league we lose yesterday. The Giants are the worst team in football at this moment.

I would have fired Joe Judge after that 2 play sequence where they QB sneak near the goal line.  My Girl is a Giants fan, and while I enjoy making fun of her, that was pathetic and I would have been pissed if that was us.  Both teams literally playing for nothing and making that call is very very weak.  Honestly I'm kinda surprised the team didn't quit on him right there.  

• Like 1

Tanking for draft position is definitely the way to go.  Imagine if two years ago we actually beat the Giants and we lost out on Chase Young.  Instead of the second pick we may have dropped to say pick number six and forced to take whatever QB was left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Tanking for draft position is definitely the way to go.  Imagine if two years ago we actually beat the Giants and we lost out on Chase Young.  Instead of the second pick we may have dropped to say pick number six and forced to take whatever QB was left.

Ugh, but we got the second overall pick and Chase Young and we are still mad, and rightfully so.

Good franchises find talent no matter where the pick is, they still draft busts, but nearly as many as bad football franchises.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Ugh, but we got the second overall pick and Chase Young and we are still mad.

Good franchises find talent no matter where the pick is, they still draft busts, but nearly as many as bad football franchises.

The point I am making is getting upset we aren't picking 8 instead of 11 is a tad overblown.

• Like 3