Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

32 minutes ago, ultravin said:

since we are tied with denver, and we did lose to denver, how do they get to pick before us?  is it because we are in different conferences and have a better conference record than the broncos?

Strength of schedule comes next in tie breaker.   They basically did it against easier teams so they get the better pick.

48 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Who says we're going QB in round 1?

Ron if he wants to keep his job, most likely. Only other avenue I can think of would be if we somehow managed to land Carr or Wilson in a trade.

Signing some mediocre reclaimation project like Trubisky and Mariota and hoping for anything but mediocrity from them is a fool's errand.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ron if he wants to keep his job, most likely. Only other avenue I can think of would be if we somehow managed to land Carr or Wilson in a trade.

Signing some mediocre reclaimation project like Trubisky and Mariota and hoping for anything but mediocrity from them is a fool's errand.

You know, I don't think Coach gives a F about that.  I really thinks he wants to do a "professional job" - whatever that means to him.  I honestly believe he will take getting fired with dignity, if he feels he did it the "right way".

I also think he will take another offer ASAP to personally validate those feelings - just as he did with this job.

Coach is someone I would want to coach my kids and grandkids.

:229:The Rook 

• Like 1

Its not so much where we pick but who picks in front of us. We need as few QB needy teams picking ahead of us as possible, but its not looking good.

The following teams picking ahead of us will most likely be addressing QB this off season(they may end up getting a vet in FA, but they definitely will be looking to upgrade at QB):

Broncos

Giants x2(have Bears pick)

Panthers

Lions probably won't go QB. They're still paying Goff a lot so they'll likely just keep stockpiling the roster.

Texans I don't think will go QB either. Mills has played really well. They'll give him another year. And of course Watson is still technically on their roster.

Seahawks will probably hang on to Wilson.

Jags and Jets no chance drafting a QB.

But as of now we're looking at getting the fourth best QB in what's regarded as a bad QB class. Now there's a good chance the Broncos go after a vet, possibly the Panthers too. I've heard the Giants are sticking to Daniel Jones but a new GM might want to get his own QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not so much where we pick but who picks in front of us. We need as few QB needy teams picking ahead of us as possible, but its not looking good.

The following teams picking ahead of us will most likely be addressing QB this off season(they may end up getting a vet in FA, but they definitely will be looking to upgrade at QB):

Broncos

Giants x2(have Bears pick)

Panthers

Lions probably won't go QB. They're still paying Goff a lot so they'll likely just keep stockpiling the roster.

Texans I don't think will go QB either. Mills has played really well. They'll give him another year. And of course Watson is still technically on their roster.

Seahawks will probably hang on to Wilson.

Jags and Jets no chance drafting a QB.

But as of now we're looking at getting the fourth best QB in what's regarded as a bad QB class. Now there's a good chance the Broncos go after a vet, possibly the Panthers too. I've heard the Giants are sticking to Daniel Jones but a new GM might want to get his own QB.

Broncos are not taking rookie. I think they might have a plan after firing coach today and with the Miller trade earlier in year.

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Broncos are not taking rookie. I think they might have a plan after firing coach today and with the Miller trade earlier in year.

Yeah they'll make a play for a vet, but who? I don't think the Packers will trade Rodgers. No way the Raiders trade Carr to a rival. Wilson wants to stay with the Seahawks. Maybe they go after someone like Cousins.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah they'll make a play for a vet, but who? I don't think the Packers will trade Rodgers. No way the Raiders trade Carr to a rival. Wilson wants to stay with the Seahawks. Maybe they go after someone like Cousins.

They traded Von Miller for a reason maybe he was old expensive but they were still in playoff race. Maybe Watson

Edited by Redskins 2021

I understand the need to bemoan a win as fans, but you really can't ask players to play for a loss. I mean it's basically asking them to lose so someone can draft their replacement and cut them. A loss may have helped our draft position, but the coaches and players should always go for the win.

The only way you can "play for the loss" semi-legitimately is if you sit everyone and play your back ups and third stringers. Now, you still try to win with your backups (and the giants were so inept we might have), but you really never play to lose.

• Like 3

• zCommander changed the title to 2022 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #11