Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

10 minutes ago, Drfustercluck said:

I feel we needed to prove that we are competitive enough to beat a bad team in a dominant fashion.

This win builds on the psyche of a team reeling from a four game losing skid. It reminds the players that we're not just going to lie down (especially to a REALLY bad division rival) even if a higher draft pick is on the line.

I'm proud of Washington. I'm proud of how the defense came out and dominated the Giants. They needed this and it gives us positive momentum going into the draft.

HTTC! 🤪

Um, I'm not so sure we beat them in a "dominant fashion". 22-7 vs a really bad team playing their even worse backup QB with only 1 offensive TD is pretty...actually, that's pretty bad.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Um, I'm not so sure we beat them in a "dominant fashion". 22-7 vs a really bad team playing their even worse backup QB with only 1 offensive TD is pretty...actually, that's pretty bad.

Yeah. We should have stomped them. We did smother their running game, but Heinike was so bad yesterday that the Giants were always in position to steal a win. 

4 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Unusually for me I didn't watch the game but from what I saw on Redzone the Giants were actively trying to throw that game. We should have destroyed them. It's worrying that we couldn't.

I didn't really get that sense. I think the defense was trying. Heinike had the worst game of his WFT career. He was just pressing and trying to make his case with this one last chance. It backfired on him. The Giants offense was ridiculously bad.

I do admit that Golladay no effort miss of the bomb that landed an inch out of his reach speaks to your argument though. That was sad.

1 minute ago, UK Skins said:

And what was with the quarterback sneaks? The guy on Redzone was incredulous. They flat out tried to lose that game. In racing there would have been a stewards enquiry!

I have no idea. I think that was more surrender than anything else. I think they were desperate to avoid a safety.

Maybe the Giants were trying to throw the game. It looked like their D was trying. Those sneaks made no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I didn't really get that sense. I think the defense was trying. Heinike had the worst game of his WFT career. He was just pressing and trying to make his case with this one last chance. It backfired on him. The Giants offense was ridiculously bad.

I do admit that Golladay no effort miss of the bomb that landed an inch out of his reach speaks to your argument though. That was sad.

he only threw 18 passes and maybe he only completed 9 but there were at least a couple drops and a good defensive play in there

As for Golliday, it actually went through his hands.  You don't need to go for a super effort if you think you actually have it

Judge's smack talk makes them throwing the game kind of unlikely to me

Edited by MrJL

8 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I can only think that they go best available QB at 11 right?  Hopefully Pickett.

Let's see if Pickett can throw the larger NFL ball. He has some of the smallest hands of a top NFL Draft prospect ever. I don't usually buy into the hand hype. But his are small for a NFL QB. There is a roughly quarter inch difference in the NFL ball and the college ball. With his hand size it can make a difference.

It won't take long to figure out if he can. The second we get footage of him with the NFL ball we should be able to sort that out.

Beyond that, I wouldn't get my hopes up that Pickett will be there if he can throw the NFL ball well.

I also wouldn't bet money Corral, Willis or Howell are there at 11.

Perhaps one of the four. But I think at least 3 would be gone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Let's see if Pickett can throw the larger NFL ball. He has some of the smallest hands of a top NFL Draft prospect ever. I don't usually buy into the hand hype. But his are small for a NFL QB. There is a roughly quarter inch difference in the NFL ball and the college ball. With his hand size it can make a difference.

It won't take long to figure out if he can. The second we get footage of him with the NFL ball we should be able to sort that out.

Beyond that, I wouldn't get my hopes up that Pickett will be there if he can throw the NFL ball well.

I'm not sure.  I think at least two are there.  Last year, I would have said there was no way Fields slipped past the top 10 and he did.  I still think the Panthers present a godfather offer for Watson (2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2023 2nd) and that takes one team out of the QB running (feel as if Houston decides to go with Mills and see what they have).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A month ago I don't think any of us would have figured 3-4 QB's gone by pick 11. I hate going into this draft with such a strong need, especially with some of the other talented players that will be graded way higher than these guys still available at our selection

I think the Broncos and Panthers are going to be crazy aggressive in the QB hunt and as much as Ron knows he needs to sell out for one as well, he won't go that crazy.

Just now, DWinzit said:

A month ago I don't think any of us would have figured 3-4 QB's gone by pick 11. I hate going into this draft with such a strong need, especially with some of the other talented players that will be graded way higher than these guys still available at our selection

We obviously drafted for need last year in the first as well and that blew up in our face.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can’t imagine 3 QB’s being gone by pick 11.  I’d say two probably.  I’d say stand back & wait for a QB to fall.  None of these QB’s are worth giving up valuable draft capital to trade up for.

7 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I'm not sure.  I think at least two are there.  Last year, I would have said there was no way Fields slipped past the top 10 and he did.  I still think the Panthers present a godfather offer for Watson (2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2023 2nd) and that takes one team out of the QB running (feel as if Houston decides to go with Mills and see what they have).

I'm sure.

You cannot stay at 11 if 2 of the 4 are gone in the top 5-7 or so. You have to assume someone may move up to get the QBs.

And we're assuming the FO may like all four. That is not likely the case.

Stand pat at 11 and there is a better than not chance that our starting quarterback is Mitch Trubisky with Taylor Heinicke behind him. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm sure.

You cannot stay at 11 if 2 of the 4 are gone in the top 5-7 or so. You have to assume someone may move up to get the QBs.

And we're assuming the FO may like all four. That is not likely the case.

Stand pat at 11 and there is a better than not chance that our starting quarterback is Mitch Trubisky with Taylor Heinicke behind him. 

Ask Chicago how trading up for Fields worked out for them?  They stunk and are out of a first rounder this year.  No thanks to that.

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’ll take that chance, you almost have to make that kind of move now.

Well, let's stay at 11. Maybe we'll get a QB. If not we'll wind up going into 2022 with Trubikisy/Mariota/Bridgewater and Henicke as the QBs and everyone will be here saying we should have done something. 

Just now, Zim489 said:

I would absolutely hate trading up in this draft. It would take a lot to get to the top 5. Significantly more than if we traded from 19 to 9. Fields being a far superior prospect than anyone in this draft 

Agree.

That ship sailed, though. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Ask Chicago how trading up for Fields worked out for them?  They stunk and are out of a first rounder this year.  No thanks to that.

Fields is arguably QB1 in this class.  The Bears still do that trade.  Sure, he has to improve, but physically, he has all the tools.  They made their bed with Fields, and at least he gives them hope.  

• Like 1

I remember not wanting Haskins because it was supposed to be a bad year for QBs and I worried if we reached we’d be stuck with a bad prospect for at least three years. 

Here we are again in a year of bad QB prospects. I’m not opposed to drafting for need, but would caution against grabbing a QB you don’t love. 

• Like 2

Just now, Burgold said:

I remember not wanting Haskins because it was supposed to be a bad year for QBs and I worried if we reached we’d be stuck with a bad prospect for at least three years. 

Here we are again in a year of bad QB prospects. I’m not opposed to drafting for need, but would caution against grabbing a QB you don’t love. 

Question: Why do you think it's a weak year for QBs? Your own film study or the hivemind?

Because I don't agree its a bad year.

2019 was a BAD year.

This isn't. It's actually a good year in my opinion. But there is no clear cut high end guy in the class and that's why people are slamming it, in my opinion. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Question: Why do you think it's a weak year for QBs? Your own film study or the hivemind?

Hive mind, I suppose. It’s more that every analysis of the position I’ve read or heard since September said this was a weak crop. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because I don't agree its a bad year.

2019 was a BAD year.

This isn't. It's actually a good year in my opinion. But there is no clear cut high end guy in the class and that's why people are slamming it, in my opinion. 

If you’re looking for an elite guy it’s a bad year. I think the ceiling for the top guys sans Wilson is in that 10-15 range. DJ might be prospect one in this draft.

Personally this draft is the worst since 2019

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

If you’re looking for an elite guy it’s a bad year. I think the ceiling for the top guys sans Wilson is in that 10-15 range. DJ might be prospect one in this draft.

Personally this draft is the worst since 2019

Agree with the no elite prospect, as I said above. I think there are 5-6 guys that could amount to something in the NFL, more realistically four.

Here's the rub: We blew it last year when we didn't trade up for Fields or Jones.

Now if we don't trade up we're possibly rolling with Heinicke/Allen or Bridgewater/Mariota/Trubisky.

There is no elite guy. We still need a QB or this staff isn't making it to next year.

• Like 1