Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Ain’ts Drew Brees

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.17.58 PM.png

Reasons for loss, in order:

1. The secondary just absolutely sucks stale dead yak ass.  So many miscommunications, blown assignments and breakdowns.  Lots of blame to go around but at this point, everybody is accountable, both players and coaches.  Special award of suck goes to Landon Collins.

2. Scott Turner called a bad offensive game from the perspective of calling 20 Gibson runs, most of which on first down, for 60 yards.  Against one of the best run defenses in the league.  That’s stupid On steroids.  The best drive they had they abandoned the run on first brown.  

3. couldn’t get TDs in the red zone at the beginning of the game. They should have been up big early. 

4. Taylor Heineke played poorly.  2 INTs, including one absolutely inexcusable one.  He also missed a bunch of wide open receivers, and didn’t take advantage of opportunities.

The should have won this game.  They were up huge in TOP and + in the turnover margin.  But they couldn’t capitalize on the mistakes the Saints made, then the defense started making huge mistakes, and then Heineke started making huge mistakes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This game is on the offense and the defense.  The offense wasted just about every opportunity given to them early on, the defense had some isolated good stops, but anytime something big was on the line they did the usual disappearing act. 

Anyone thinking TH is potential long term answer, I hope they are ready to get used to the idea that he isn't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I can't get over how slow Landon Collins looked on that play he got beat deep. He looks like a slow LB not a safety.

Right! A slow LB. Jamin Davis can play safety, buffalo nickel, or whatever the hell you want to call it better than Collins. At least he is fast

Just now, Rocket442Olds said:

We're just jealous that he's good, and that their coaches and teammates play like a team.

He's damn good, right now he's better than Terry one-on-one, but Terry is young. Give him 1 more year, or a QB who makes it more even, and I think it'd be fun to watch on both sides.

No he’s not. Terry would eat him alive with a competent QB.  Also helps when you always have help over top. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I can't get over how slow Landon Collins looked on that play he got beat deep. He looks like a slow LB not a safety.

I can’t get over how he is one of the higher paid players.   He is pathetic and shouldn’t be playing. He is a major weakness on this team and should be benched coming in only in emergency.  His roster spot should be given to a practice squad player.  

5 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Why is Jamin Davis not on the field? Collins is a fail wherever he lines up. At least put someone on field that can run

Because Davis is unable to read a play. It was clear on his college tape. And it has been clear on his pro tape as well so far. Will he get better at it? Who knows. But I am smelling an epic 1st round bust. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

1. The secondary just absolutely sucks stale dead yak ass.  So many miscommunications, blown assignments and breakdowns.  Lots of blame to go around but at this point, everybody is accountable, both players and coaches.  Special award of suck goes to Landon Collins.

2. Scott Turner called a bad offensive game from the perspective of calling 20 Gibson runs, most of which on first down, for 60 yards.  Against one of the best run defenses in the league.  That’s stupid On steroids.  The best drive they had they abandoned the run on first brown.  

3. couldn’t get TDs in the red zone at the beginning of the game. They should have been up big early. 

4. Taylor Heineke played poorly.  2 INTs, including one absolutely inexcusable one.  He also missed a bunch of wide open receivers, and didn’t take advantage of opportunities.

The should have won this game.  They were up huge in TOP and + in the turnover margin.  But they couldn’t capitalize on the mistakes the Saints made, then the defense started making huge mistakes, and then Heineke started making huge mistakes. 

This is the kind of game that shows you how bad this team and coaching staff are. we are a bottom 5 team. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bro....you nailed it.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Stop it already about Lattimore.  He has played solid, but Terry beat him on most plays until the 4th quarter, it was the QB not being able to deliver the ball to an open WR that is the issue.

Terry has been covered like a blanket since sometime in the 2nd quarter.  He is being owned by Lattimore.  Not a good game for Terry  and TH has not thrown him open at all.  Watch the plays and not one guy is getting open.  Not sure if it is game plan or the Saints are just that good.   I only saw one or two passes to Terry that could have been better and given him more of chance...Lattimore has just dominated him.

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Please. Our QB made bad passes half the day. Terry can’t throw to himself. 

You won’t find a bigger fan of Terry than me. I loved him even before we drafted him.  The Terry thread is loaded with my posts praising him to the hilt. Today Latimore played well against him, sorry, it happens.

Taylor wasn’t hot today but I am not squarely putting Latimores game to that. 

Terry is a beast with contested catches for example, today was different

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

dan Snyder’s tenure as an owner has been. We will never go anywhere with that man as owner. I’m more convinced of that fact than anything else. 

Yup im convinced now i refused to believe it for many years but yeah we will suck with this owner stadium and the new name....

• Like 1

We're just jealous that he's good, and that their coaches and teammates play like a team.

I’m not. I have no reason to be jealous the game is basically played in a vacuum. He’s a good player and he had a good game. 

He's damn good, right now he's better than Terry one-on-one, but Terry is young. Give him 1 more year, or a QB who makes it more even, and I think it'd be fun to watch on both sides.

He’s great. He’s not better than Terry one on one. That’s just ignorant. I don’t think there is a corner in the game better than him straight up, one on one. WRs have all the advantage one on one. That’s just how football works. 

That’s besides the fact that he really hasn’t been on Terry one on one all game. Defense is a group effort it wasn’t just him making the throws difficult and making the catches harder and stopping the yac. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Because Davis is unable to read a play. It was clear on his college tape. And it has been clear on his pro tape as well so far. Will he get better at it? Who knows. But I am smelling an epic 1st round bust. 

The more athletically limited guys playing every snap also can’t read a play, they have no idea where they’re supposed to be every down in that LB corps. So that excuse is not going to hold water for much longer, just get his athletic gifts out there on the field and see if he learns.

• Like 2