Sooooo....

KC

@GB

@DEN

TB

@CAR

SEA

@LV

We might be playing for the #2 pick again. If JAX finishes with the first pick then we're in the running for the top QB in the draft. (assuming no trade) 

Russ will be back for that game, too. 

Also wouldn’t be surprised if we attempt a trade for Rodgers if we have the #2 pick.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Y’all kill me with this.

Both Kirk and Alex called, and want to know what the hell you’re watching.

Heineke is more likable cuz he has a cool underdog story and he’s a competitor.  But by no means is he even remotely close to better than either of those guys.

really?  What did Kirk do here exactly?  He took a knee that one time on third down when we could have kicked a field goal. He came up small every time he could have come up big. He would have never designed the comeback against the giants or the falcons. 

kirk throws a pretty ball and he can put up some numbers but he’s never ever been a winner. Ask Minnesota fans what they think about Kirk. And Alex Smith?  Cmon. Love the guy but he didn’t have it here either and had some awful awful games. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Y’all kill me with this.

Both Kirk and Alex called, and want to know what the hell you’re watching.

Heineke is more likable cuz he has a cool underdog story and he’s a competitor.  But by no means is he even remotely close to better than either of those guys.

he doesn’t have the same set of skills, but he’s more of a gamer than Kirk will ever be. And Alex smith is obviously a better QB, but he wasn’t better with us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I was at the game, first game in 5 years.  I couldn't believe how many Saints fans were there, at least 35 percent.  Probably the world home field advantage in the league.  Heinicke is not the answer, he cannot spread the field with his arm strength.  Defense looks unmotivated.  I blame this on coaches.  Overall, we are not close.  Might as well start the rebuild, again...  

I could hear the chants of defense, defense, defense when WFT had the ball from the Saints fans. 

Just now, skins4eva said:

really?  What did Kirk do here exactly?  He took a knee that one time on third down when we could have kicked a field goal. He came up small every time he could have come up big. He would have never designed the comeback against the giants or the falcons. 

kirk throws a pretty ball and he can put up some numbers but he’s never ever been a winner. Ask Minnesota fans what they think about Kirk. And Alex Smith?  Cmon. Love the guy but he didn’t have it here either and had some awful awful games. 

You’re just wrong.  It’s nothing personal.  We can end this here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There are some people that will defend Heinicke no matter what happens and get upset when he's challanged.   I am not one of those people.  It's cool, to each their own on that front.  But for me, heck if I could have a dollar for every time I've said can you be a really good QB with that kind of arm strength?  And I talked about his tendency to throw picks as far back as when I watched them in training camp.  I like aspects of his game and I enjoy watching him.   Cool guy.  Cool story.  I try to be upbeat about him.   But there is a reason why i almost exclusively post about college QBs right now in the draft thread.  I am not sold Heinicke is the guy but I'll give him some rope to play out the sample before landing hard on an opinion. 

I agree with the general sentiment of your post.  It's easier to make contested catches with a QB who gets the ball there faster.  But I've seen Terry make play after play when the ball was in the air and a defender was draped on him.  Today just wasn't one of those days.  If the argument is Terry would play better with a top 10 type QB -- no doubt.   I see Terry as a top 10 WR.  My opinion hasn't changed after today even a whit about Terry.  I actually am looking forward to see Terry come back next week, playing a bit angry.   He's a baller.  Best player IMO on the team. 

I anticipate him having a massive game next week against a very weak secondary and because we’ll probably be throwing the ball almost exclusively.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Which younger guys do they have? Forrest? 

Forrest is one guy, but there's also Reeves, and Hudson as a pass rusher, and there are more that are probably better than Collins and Jackson.  It's not going to cure the problem, but they are options.  

3 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

i'm personally leaning towards the " Blowers "...

Maybe the Doorknobs?  Because everybody gets a turn ? 

Or the " Can't Get Rights ".

Everything is in a name, so I guess Riverboat Rivera is taking on alot of water and Del Rio showing his defense has gone south...again.

Hmm... working off your last statement.

The Washington Titanics has a nice ring to it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

he doesn’t have the same set of skills, but he’s more of a gamer than Kirk will ever be. And Alex smith is obviously a better QB, but he wasn’t better with us. 

I despise Kirk but he’s much Better QB than TH.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, method man said:

Well..Collins was his signing and he effectively cost us 2 2nd round picks by taking Haskins instead of Sweat

The truth is this: we are simply rearranging deck chairs on the titanic with Snyder as owner. 

Edited by skins4eva
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We never really fill the biggest needs. Just secondary and tertiary ones. QB? Mediocre job of filling the need. Fitz is a proven NFL journeyman. Plus Heinicke. But neither address the major issue. 

Linebacker? Went and got Jamin. Which was cool. Then stuck with Bostic and Holcomb and did nothing else. No bueno.

Free safety? Bobby McCain. Who I had hoped would be okay but… let’s face it we all knew wasn’t a field general. 

Year after year we have the same glaring needs. Year after year we fail to adequately address them. Year after year we have poor results.

Well, to be fair, wewere all clamoring for this team to upgrade the trenches.

Which we've been doing these last four years in the first round.

And we can all appreciate the product on the field nowadays :D

Irony aside, I still can't believe we did so poorly at trying to upgrade our LB and secondary.

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd give the edge to Lattimore, but thought that Terry had his wins too. I think some better throws would flip the score, but woulda, coulda, shoulda don't count.

He did.   But overall Terry's our #1 guy.  If you can keep him to 4 catches that's a win for the opposing defense.  Let's say next week William Jackson keeps Tyreek Hill to 4 catches and 46 yards, i'll be the first to complement Jackson for a job well done.   Terry didn't play poorly.  But this wasn't one of his better games.   Lattimore IMO played like the #1 corner he is.  Simple as that.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Well, to be fair, wewere all clamoring for this team to upgrade the trenches.

Which we've been doing these last four years in the first round.

And we can all appreciate the product on the field nowadays :D

Irony aside, I still can't believe we did so poorly at trying to upgrade our LB and secondary.

Yes we all wanted the trenches upgraded… but let’s be honest… there was a bit of an overkill in that department.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I despise Kirk but he’s much Better QB than TH.

cousins is much more talented, but that doesn’t make him a “better QB” at least not to me. Cousins has a career 53-56-2 record. He’s the definition of mediocre starter. And Minnesota paid a king’s ransom for him. We don’t have to re-litigate this tired argument bc it doesn’t really matter anymore. 

Just now, Redskins Reparations said:

I will probably get flamed for this but I would shop Jonathan Allen for future draft picks.  I actually prefer Payne and Ioannidis with Settle as the rotational DT.

As of now  would rather shop Sweat/Young.

I could even shop the two for one guy...

4 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

We have, on paper, a similarly built team to the Chargers. We should be at that level. This is all on Rivera and Co. they are extremely mediocre.  The coaching is well below par

So what the **** n **** is going on?...I think it has a lot to do with what's going on and had been going on during Ron's arrival and up to just this week in the front office...Ron is completely overwhelmed and can't focus on coaching right now..we will absolutely suck balls till snyder is no longer the owner...A complete rinsing...whole new ownership new name everything...I can see it taking along time to rename a team ...but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there's some kind of thing going on where snyder is selling the team and the new owner of course wants in on re naming the team..idk..it sucks tho.

• Like 1