Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously.  But he does employ the men who do.  Jury is out on Turner.  Del Rio is ass.

Don’t know on either count. But Rivera can always change the playcallers. 

I want to see how they bounce back. I’ve ripped them today plenty. But it’s football crap happens. Peaks and Valleys. So they have more rope from me.   We’ve been humiliated like this with every coaching staff Gibbs included in his 2nd stint. The grass isn’t always greener...

My main quarrel with the ones who are out on Rivera (I know not you) is the lack of acknowledgment that it might not be easy to attract name that exciting prospect.

We likely would be shopping in the Wall Mart section of coaching prospects at best but probably lower than that not Tiffany’s. 

Though again we could be like the Raiders and offer some dude a crazy 10 year contract, I accede that could work perhaps.

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

(1) “If a runner (including a quarterback) gives himself up, then he is down where the first body part touches the ground. The runner should not benefit from additional yardage after the first body part touches. Defenders do not have to go down to initiate contact to stop a runner from gaining more yards after he contacts the ground.”

(2) “Quarterbacks and all runners should be reminded that they must give themselves up early, and that if a defender has committed to a tackle, contact may occur. However, that contact cannot be late or to the head or neck area of the player who gave himself up.”

(3) “A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up. Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenceless posture.”

Exactly. 

Heineke didn’t give himself up. He dove for extra yardage. 

1 minute ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

The ultimate insult 3rd and 10 and we let MITCHELL ****ING TRUBISKY run 20 yards

So this is what rock bottom feels like 🥲

Dude, if you've been with the team as long as we have, you have to realize by now that there IS no rock bottom. It's just an endless, flailing descent into the bottomless abyss. Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1