Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t know about the LEAST of our concerns. Outside of the scramble for a TD he’s basically been a liability 

The entire team and coaching staff has been a liability. Can't blame this on one player..but I will give you that he has not played well. His arm jut in't strong enough to throw in a windy stadium.

1 minute ago, ODU AGGIE said:

The way I saw it, he got one foot down in bounds and the next thing to hit the ground was his hand with it partially out of bounds, before his elbow hit in bounds. If you get a chance take another look. I am not recording it.

His hip hit down inbounds before his hand so it’s a td

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Always say it, but Lavar, Sean Taylor and RG3 kinda point to something not panning out for one reason or another when we get excited about a player. Young in this case. Hope it’s wrong.

Our star players rarely turn into superstars for whatever reason. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

I doubt any Defensive Coordinator can scheme Bostic or Holcomb into viable starters. We failed before the season started counting on those 2. 

Well they drafted a LB in the first round. Turns out his college tape which showed he was slow to read and react was accurate. Not to bash Davis. He made a nice play in this game on the 4th down. But he is nowhere near ready to be a 3 down starter. At least they tried to address the position though. 

2 minutes ago, orlskinsfan said:

Fire Rivera and the entire staff, why don’t the wft hire a young and up and coming coordinator that innovates. Team isn’t going anywhere under all these tired retreads 

Because those young guys with limited experience aren't going to know how to repair a franchise's broken culture. That's what RIvera and his team are here for. If you're expecting Superbowl glory (or even a deep playoff run) this season, you might want to think about finding other ways to spend your weekends. Once the culture is fixed, if the record still isn't good, then we can think about bringing in some fresh faces.  

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

It’s impressive watching the Bills.  But at the same time I can’t help but realize that our Defense is probably bottom 5 right now.  How sad is that?

If we weren't playing them, I'd be so friggin' happy for the Bills.  They've built it the right way, took a gamble on Allen, and they're looking like they could lose another four Super Bowls in a row.

Seriously though, I wish the other guys were in our uniforms.

• Like 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Well they drafted a LB in the first round. Turns out his college tape which showed he was slow to read and react was accurate. Not to bash Davis. He made a nice play in this game on the 4th down. But he is nowhere near ready to be a 3 down starter. At least they tried to address the position though. 

Davis is fine. He needs another LB besides him. If we drafted Barnes or Cox or signed another FA, he would shine a lot more. He is our only NFL LB right now. 

Scott Turner really needs to understand his QB better.  Stop designing the offense around more traditional pocket passer statues.  That isn't what Heinicke excels it and it is showing in this game because when he is back in the pocket, not moving around, he is staring WRs down and the Buffalo DB's are jumping routes on these late passes   They need to get Heinicke moving around, using his legs to create time and space by design (not scrambling out of desperation).  We have the weapons on offense to play a faster style, but it is bumping up against the way Scott Turner designs his offense. 

They need to come out and score.

BTW, Terry has 2 catches for 10 yards.

Gibson has 5 carries for 6 yards.

They are going to have to keep scoring if they’re going to stay in this game.  Which means they need to get Terry involved.

And stop running into a brick wall and wasting downs.  They need to run, but a traditional run game is not going to work.

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

A lot of it has to do with playing on bad teams without consistency at qb and coaching staff.

I think we hype them a lot, too.  Only player I've ever seen worth more than the hype was ST21.

I was REALLY hoping that Young would be that for us.  Right now, and I hate to say this, he looks like JAG.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

If we weren't playing them, I'd be so friggin' happy for the Bills.  They've built it the right way, took a gamble on Allen, and they're looking like they could lose another four Super Bowls in a row.

Seriously though, I wish the other guys were in our uniforms.

Yep, really like the Bills