Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 3 Prediction thread..Washington @ bungalo bills

bakedtater1

Unlike when I disagreed with Sheehan when he said the Giants-Denver score was misleading I do agree with him about the Miami-Buffalo game.  It was 14-0 through a chunk of the third quarter.  Miami looked really really bad.  I watched most of that game.

Allen looked medicore to bad.  It was their defense and running game and special teams that carried them.   We have a better offense than Miami.  Miami's offense is pretty pathetic.  You couple that with three turnovers including a brutal one from Waddle on a return.   Then you get routed.  But Josh Allen was a small part of that rout not a lead actor.  And its not like he looked hot when he had the ball, he had moments but overall he wasn't good.  

Ranked 22 in the league in QBR sounds about right based on what I saw yesterday.  Don't get me wrong though Josh Allen is a stud and i bet it comes for him but if he plays like Sunday, this is a winnable game.  Actually Singletary would worry me more if Buffalo's repeat yesterday's performance.  He's the type to give this defense fits -- outside zone.  And heck maybe Allen finds his 2020 form this Sunday.  But I was shocked at how "meh" he looked on Sunday. 

The mystery to me is how much better is this offense than Miami.  I suspect signficantly.   But the defense can't lay another egg. 

The Bills haven’t gone anywhere, despite what Week 1 might’ve indicated. In fact, I think after talking to Buffalo coach Sean McDermott on Sunday—and he didn’t say this directly to me—that the staff there saw a real silver lining in how the team’s first game went. In that one, the Bills were way too reliant on Josh Allen (he dropped back 54 times), and made critical mistakes in all three phases to lose to the Steelers. And with all of that came a gut check for a young group of players who are dealing with high expectations, and all that comes along with those, for the first time. “I think that’s one of the hardest things, Albert, on teams, or just as an individual, is how you handle success,” McDermott told me postgame. “And it happens to many a team, and many an individual, out there. And so I think we learn from experiences all the time, and that’s probably a better question for my team, but overall, I feel like their focus was there today and that’s what I’m looking for every week. That’s the humble and hungry approach that the Buffalo Bills take.” That humble and hungry approach churned out a pretty impressive 35–0 win over the Dolphins in Miami on Sunday. And the best part, to McDermott, was how the team managed to get the most out of every unit. The Bills’ defense registered two sacks on the game’s first three plays, then Isaiah McKenzie took the ensuing punt back 20 yards into Miami territory. Two plays later, Devin Singletary ripped off a 46-yard touchdown run. So it was 7–0 less than three minutes in, and Buffalo didn’t have to lean on Allen for any of it, while getting contributions from two of last year’s trouble areas (the pass rush and the running backs). “

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Am I crazy to think this game is winnable? Even in a shut out win Josh Allen didn’t look very good, not even 200 yards passing, only 2 TD’s and he threw a pick. 

I feel like they will still

score on offense big question is can Washington Score on them? 

I also feel like I’m being set up for the big fall, played decent against a good team in a loss, beat a Division rival, the QB doesn’t look completely clueless. Just feels like something bad is gonna happen I don’t know if it’s this game or renaming the team to a worse name than it already had after taking away the traditional and historic name. 

long story short it’s winnable and I think this team can win, but I think it’s a loss in a close game. 

Bills Mafia: 23

Washington What ya call its: 18 

Bills fan here in peace. I just wanted to let some of you know a few things about the Bills.

1. Josh Allen - he has not been sharp at all. So far he has looked very average. He has played some strong defenses but he missed some throws... some wide open throws. That said: the running game, which was terrible last year, has made some plays this year. The key for WFT to beat the Bills will fall on that elite D-Line. If they can pressure Allen without blitzing the Bills will struggle to move the ball. If they blitz or can't get pressure with their front 4 it may be a long day for the WFT. Even with the Bills Offense playing sloppy they are still a good Offense. The weakness is the O-Line right now.. especially at the two Guard positions.

2. Defense - Bills have focused on revamping their front 4 and it so far has paid off. The WFT could take advantage of the Bills corners (besides Tre White). The Bills have struggled against TEs and Logan Thomas could be a lot to handle for the Bills. I'm not sure how effective Gibson will be as the Run Defense hasn't been tested with someone of his caliber yet. 

3. Special Teams - They had a blocked punt the first week and almost had a blocked punt against the Dolphins this week. McKenzie (returner) could house any kick but also has fumbling problems; just something to keep in mind. Bass is a pretty good kicker.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Bills fan here in peace. I just wanted to let some of you know a few things about the Bills.

1. Josh Allen - he has not been sharp at all. So far he has looked very average. He has played some strong defenses but he missed some throws... some wide open throws. That said: the running game, which was terrible last year, has made some plays this year. The key for WFT to beat the Bills will fall on that elite D-Line. If they can pressure Allen without blitzing the Bills will struggle to move the ball. If they blitz or can't get pressure with their front 4 it may be a long day for the WFT. Even with the Bills Offense playing sloppy they are still a good Offense. The weakness is the O-Line right now.. especially at the two Guard positions.

Welcome. Well lucky for you our DL looks horrible and the bigger a weakness your OL is the better they will look. 😐

I think Washington will compete and give the Bills everything they can handle.  Luckily playing in Buffalo before it gets below freezing. I do expect Bills to make big plays on the ground as Josh Allen can really scramble well.  I think Washington will do a better job in rushing the passer and get some better pressure on Allen I just don’t know if they can really disrupt and cause multiple turnovers which will need to happen in order to win.  Heinicki will make some plays as he has really shown an ability to really place the ball where his receivers are in a great place to make a play.  I think this game will be closer than the spread but ultimately feel that the Bills are too tough to handle.

Bills 24

Washington 19

Edited by -JB-

Remember that there is very little carry over from week to week in the NFL. Just for example: the Saints looked like juggernauts against the Packers. Then they got routed by the Panthers. The Chiefs lost to a Ravens team with like 15 guys on IR. The Cardinals dominated the Titans in Tennessee who then turned around and beat the Seahawks in Seattle. The Bills beating the Fins by 35 has almost no affect on our game. If anything they might suffer a bit of a let down after blowing out a division rival.

I think we can win a low scoring game. I don't like our chances in a shootout.

• Like 3

I think it's winnable but both offense and defense will have to play their best football so far this season by a wide margin. The Bills have an elite offense that will absolutely put 40 points up on us if we can't slow them down. Their defense isn't as good as their offense but it's still probably a top 10 unit so our offense is going to have to ball out because their offense is going to put up points. I don't think we can win a shootout unless Heinicke suddenly turns into Mahomes.

As it is now, I'm assuming our D won't suddenly have a lightbulb turn on and our O will continue to be decent but not great.

Bills    34

WFT   20

I'm worried this one will be a blow out to be honest. I think we will be playing from behind early and it snowballs. 

Now, if Hein can be the guy he looks like maybe that isn't as big of a deal. But I don't think the defense gets right until later in the game, if at all. 

Bills 28

Team 21 but its not as close as it looks. 

Rivera and McDermott's relationship goes back 20+ years when both were on the Eagles coaching staff- Rivera the LB coach and McDermott a defensive assistant. When Rivera got the HC job in Carolina in 2011, the first hire he made was to make McDermott his DC. McDermott would go on to be Rivera's DC in Carolina for 6 seasons before being hired as the HC for Buffalo.

These guys know each other very well and know each others defensive philosophies as well as their own. I wouldn't be surprised to see some trick plays and/or fake punts or FG's by either team in an attempt to keep each other off balance defensively. 

In the end, I think Buffalo is a better team than us right now and being home certainly doesn't hurt their cause. We keep the score respectable- partly because we play a solid game and partly because McDermott has way too much respect for Rivera to embarrass him by blowing him out of the stadium.

Buffalo- 24

WFT- 16 

• Like 2

Buffalo comes in overconfident off of a big divisional win on the road. They aren't as up for the Football Team who barely defeated the Giants, but the Football Team comes out focused to face the big bad 35-0 Buffalo Bills. We get an early lead, but the Bills rally back to make it come down to the end. The QB with possession of the ball at the final 2 minute warning wins the game.

Washington Football Team - 27

Buffalo Bills - 20

1)  The NFL’s “best” Defensive Line dominates the line of scrimmage due to their physicality, speed and athleticism causing Josh Allen to throw 2 interceptions that result in 2 touchdown drives.

2)  Taylor Heinicke throws for 300+, Terry McLaurin and Logan Thomas each have a 100+ receiving yards while Antonio Gibson rushes for 100+

3)  Mr. Snyder finally has a revelation that he needs to improve the field conditions at Fed Ex Field after witnessing the defense dominating performance on the A-Turf Titan 50 at Highmark BlueCross BlueShield Stadium.

11D5F2E9-F641-4184-8ED7-B990D152998D.gif.58c6abcca7c42b8d74b4d16c2bb5ecf1.gif

• Thumb up 1