Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 3 Prediction thread..Washington @ bungalo bills

bakedtater1

Little bit of an overreaction to the Bills 35-0 win this week, just as there was likely the same to their ugly loss in week one. 

It’s unlikely the Bills lose their first two at home. It’s more likely they got a bit of a wake up call from the Steelers and got some things together in week 2 for Miami. 

History doesn’t really matter, but our history in games at Buffalo/Toronto is absolutely abysmal. Not just losing, but all blowouts. Every single one. 

To me the only real chance we have to actually win this game is if TH is legitimately good and not just catching lightning in a bottle. If you add a legitimately good QB to the mix for any team, it becomes a game changer. And if the oddsmakers knew that right now the number would be lower. No one knows right now though and the odds are he’s just a guy. But IF he’s more than that, then that changes things. I do think at some point fairly soon, our defense will figure a few things out and play better. 

All that said, I think the number is fair. From a gambling standpoint I would say this game is a slight lean to Buffalo for me, but it’s likely a game I’d advise to just stay away from. I’d pick Buffalo 31-20 right now. Not likely to be one of the top 5 games on the board for me though either way. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

3 weeks after the bills.

bills

falcons

saints

THEN chiefs 

Falcons and Saints look beatable. Buffalo and Chiefs?  Doubtful. So, 3-3 sounds possible before we travel to Green Bay then Denver. If we can get our D to play tighter and the O stays about the same, both Packers and Broncos look beatable as well. 5-3 at the bye is what I’m praying for… hey, I can dream, can’t I?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Falcons and Saints look beatable. Buffalo and Chiefs?  Doubtful. So, 3-3 sounds possible before we travel to Green Bay then Denver. If we can get our D to play tighter and the O stays about the same, both Packers and Broncos look beatable as well. 5-3 at the bye is what I’m praying for… hey, I can dream, can’t I?

Yep. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow night how beatable the packers are or if last week was just one of those wacky week 1 games. Packers SHOULD beat the lions. 

• Like 1

****, they tap-danced on the Dolphins and broke Tua's ribs.

They are clearly more talented than we are.  Hopefully familiarity with McDermott and the extra days of rest/preparation can make up the gap because this is a tall order.

Kind of feels like they're going to shred this secondary.  Chase and Montez need to wake up and start playing some football.

Watched the buffalo-miami game yesterday. Tua was having the same kind of day as Fitzpatrick was against the chargers. Have to be concerned about protecting Heinicke as Cosmi and Leno have not been good and the Bills generated a lot of pressure. Reassuringly, Brissett actually managed to generate some offense, but the turnovers (including on downs) had a big part in the shutout. So I have some faith that Heinicke's mobility will help.

I sadly think the Bills are going to deliver a beat down on us and it's going to be painful to watch.

9 hours ago, D’Pablo said:

37-24, Bills

That was the score in Super Bowl XXVI between the two teams, except Washington won.  Wow!  That was 30 years ago!

It would be nice if Washington could keep the game close.  So far, the NFL season has been unpredictable, so anything can happen.  We know the WFT "predictably" doesn't show up in the first quarter.  If they can keep it close after the first quarter, we may have a good game.  I can't see it however.

Bills 30

Team 20

Edited by cakmoney61
Added a short paragraph.