Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Blue (not green) NY Football Team at Washington Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I usually do, he just sounds drunk tonight and is stammering all over the place 

I'll take a drunk Troy over the low tier of the B list we typically get on any givin Sunday.   

Edited by dc1
  • Like 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Right, if that doesn’t work Turner gets accused of getting cute down by the goal line and running with our receiving RB instead of Gibson lol 

Makes you wonder how much of the issues with turner’s offense have been execution. Not all of it, given a lot of what we’re seeing. But I’m guessing we’ve had a hard time doing what Turner wants to be doing 

Heinicke knowing the offense better means Turner is giving him more control. I'm not sure every QB would've had that freedom to make that check.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ODU AGGIE said:

ANY BELIEVERS OUT THERE YET?

lol don’t jinx him.  I am cool with the player, the fear is injury.

plus we’ve been jazzed by other QBs with short sample sizes that haven’t ended well.

So to end the WFT 30 year or so QB jinx I am staying medium.  That’s better karma for the superstitious person in me versus counting the chickens now.

But if Heinicke can help pull off a win and stay healthy that would be a nice start 

• Like 3

Just now, Yng Lady88 said:

hope it continues. Heine said he and Turner have a close connection because he knows what he likes and RR said Turner is a collaborative OC who listens to input from his QBs. we seem to be seeing that fruits of that relationship. 

keep the foot on the gas.

I think you can definitely see that in the formations we’re running—Heinicke is short and mobile so they’re giving him plenty of shotgun looks with McKissic in the backfield. 

• Like 2

Heinicke has not been great, but he’s stuck with it and has a little rhythm going.  Really surprised how little JDavis has played. Johnathan Allen shining brighter than anyone on the DL.  More run game in the 2nd half. Feed Antonio. Play action over the top. 
Long way to go. Let’s Go Washington Fight For Ole DC!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Makes you wonder how much of the issues with turner’s offense have been execution. Not all of it, given a lot of what we’re seeing. But I’m guessing we’ve had a hard time doing what Turner wants to be doing 

I think he had an absolutely horrible game calling night last week.  27 runs and 22 passes and not involving weapons except for Gibby until the second half. 

That said last year we had one QB who was clueless at everything, who who got hurt immediately, and one with one leg. 

And one receiver.

So, yeah, probably not able to do everything he wants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey. This offense just works under Heinicke.  Yeah it seems like his throws are moving in SLOW motion but look at his decision making. Who guessed run at the end zone? I didn't. Why? Because the passing game was working. It opened the run game.

Sorry Fitzpatrick. You might just be a 10 million backup.