Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone there, was it another stadium takeover by opposing fans?

I wasn't there, but on TV it looked like the stadium was very empty, except for the lower level, where one 200 level section was getting sewage dumped on them (see my post in the Season Ticket Renewal thread). The Chargers were probably the least in-demand opponent we'll have this year, and I'd except a bunch of Giants there on Thursday night. Hopefully Heinicke will generate some excitement and wins, IDK.

Just now, Destino said:

Time of possession makes it feel worse than the score board, but 20 points doesn’t tell the story either.  That happened because of a absurdly bad fumble call and because they didn’t need any point at the end.  Washington got dominated today.

Yeah agreed. Don't let the score fool you...they absolutely dominated us in pretty much ever facet of the game.

They moved the ball at will, regularly converted 3rd and longs like they were 3rd and 1s, their OL completely shut down our "fearsome" front 4, and while Heinicke provided a bit of a spark, their defense mostly dominated us too, and made mincemeat out of our OL.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

48 total plays on offense lol. 27 runs, 21 passes. That's really bad, and Turner has no idea how to scheme players open in a modern NFL offense. 

Turner is awful, just awful.  You've got to wonder about Rivera as a coach with these coordinators.  I'm sorry to say it, but it's the truth.

• Like 3

And so the hope dies.  I grew up a Washington Redskin fan because of my dad.  After traveling the USA and the world compliments of the USAF my loyalty has shifted.  I have attended more KC Chiefs and Denver Bronco games than Washington games.  I will still pull for Washington to win but they are literally not the Redskins I grew up with.  I don’t like the way I feel after watching Washington so I am quitting cold turkey.  Best of luck to the team and all on the board, but I’m gone.  You can find me on the Chiefs bulletin board if you need me.  God bless all.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, TheShredSkinz said:

This vaunted D should've got off the field on 3rd and 16.

Sure, but it was obvious that was going to be the result when we punted. We all knew. Only chance to win that game was to steal it on 4th down, and Rivera got conservative. We didn’t deserve to win at that point, it was playing to lose by less

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

So we’ve already hit the “should have drafted Herbert over Chase” hyperbole because he picked apart our inept secondary? That was fast.

I mean, is it really hyperbole? Herbert is gonna be a top-5 franchise QB for a decade plus. He's spectacular.

Just now, skins4eva said:

Turner is awful, just awful.  You've got to wonder about Rivera as a coach with these coordinators.  I'm sorry to say it, but it's the truth.

Yeah, I do worry that he's very loyal to his guys and he has a ton of rope, so we might see Turner around for a long time regardless of how bad the offense is. 

• Like 1

I need time to process what I just saw but there’s nothing I can think of immediately that makes me feel good about this team.  The running game looked ok until Gibson fumbled the game away maybe?  Offense was bad.  Offensive line was bad,  Defense was bad.  Defensive line was bad.  Starting QB injured.  

and an Insanely difficult schedule this season.  

yeah I’m not seeing the silver lining on this one.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

He seemed to call every coverage wrong, but that 3rd and 15ish from their own end zone was awful. Let a linebacker try to cover Keenan Allen with no help

I'm sure the Chargers coordinator couldn't believe it.  Just so easy all day because there's no adjustment for matchups by our d.  Just that lame old school mentality that you win the battle with the guy in front of you.  We got taken to the woodshed today.  I should have seen it coming because we all know this D underperformed last season too.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

We lost

Philly wins

Buffalo is losing 

1st Week = means very little until week 17

ill freak out after week 4

Agree. I do think though if they lose to the Giants and start off 0-2 versus arguably the easier early part of the schedule it doesn’t bode well. As we know as good as Herbert is, we still got Allen, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers coming down the pike 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The defense sucked

the offense was unimaginative even though Heinicke made me look like a dumb mother****er

but this loss goes to Rivera for the cowardly choice not to put the game in Heinicke’s hands on 4th down and punting when it was obvious that Herbert wouldn’t let us get the ball back.

I put this on Rivera. 

I believe we wanted the Chargers to jump the snap and it didn't work and we got a false start which made us have to punt. They should have went for it from the get go.

1 minute ago, evmiii said:

And so the hope dies.  I grew up a Washington Redskin fan because of my dad.  After traveling the USA and the world compliments of the USAF my loyalty has shifted.  I have attended more KC Chiefs and Denver Bronco games than Washington games.  I will still pull for Washington to win but they are literally not the Redskins I grew up with.  I don’t like the way I feel after watching Washington so I am quitting cold turkey.  Best of luck to the team and all on the board, but I’m gone.  You can find me on the Chiefs bulletin board if you need me.  God bless all.

Oh, going to become a CHIEFS fan eh?? 🙄

Such bandwagonry is a surefire sign of weakness and poor character.

Just now, Destino said:

I need time to process what I just saw but there’s nothing I can think of immediately that makes me feel good about this team.  The running game looked ok until Gibson fumbled the game away maybe?  Offense was bad.  Offensive line was bad,  Defense was bad.  Defensive line was bad.  Starting QB injured.  

and an Insanely difficult schedule this season.  

yeah I’m not seeing the silver lining on this one.  

This team will be in contention for a top 10 pick this year without a doubt.