Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

16 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Feeling much better this year than last! To be honest, I'm feeling better about every position group than last year. Only negative difference i see is in the strength of opponents and the relative health of the opponents as opposed to last year.

You see our LBS as better? I see that one area as to be determined myself. Got hopes but it's the weakest part of out team right now. 

3 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

You see our LBS as better? I see that one area as to be determined myself. Got hopes but it's the weakest part of out team right now. 

Yeah I think your right about it being the weakest part of the team (at least until they show something) but with the addition of Davis and another year in the system I think its improved, though of course time will tell. I also feel that a healthy Collins coming up in run support will help out the LB's. Love to see another addition to the unit but overall I still feel somewhat better about them than last year.

Overall I just see an improvement year over year throughout the team, obviously we have question marks at certain spots but the team is trending up. if we continue to address holes and improve the roster each year Im all good. The biggest question mark of course is QB, though improved over last year, still needs to be addressed.

Besides QB, the trick will be replacing guys eventually lost to free agency.

16 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Doesn't matter as much given Nickel is what we'll use mostly, but they either think he's close enough in development, or he should be getting game reps no matter what.

If St. Juste plays as well at CB as he did all camp / preseason, Jackson on the otherside Fuller at the nickel and Curl / Collins / Mccain at safeties with Cole and Jamin as the LBers, throw in our front 4 rotation and that sounds like a very well designed defense. 

Doesn't hurt that all of our DBs are good. tacklers (well except for Jackson I honestly don't know about his tackling) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

If St. Juste plays as well at CB as he did all camp / preseason, Jackson on the otherside Fuller at the nickel and Curl / Collins / Mccain at safeties with Cole and Jamin as the LBers, throw in our front 4 rotation and that sounds like a very well designed defense. 

Doesn't hurt that all of our DBs are good. tacklers (well except for Jackson I honestly don't know about his tackling) 

I think he is an exceptional tackler...

image.png.7bbc9bc1324d624bd2c726a7aaadedbd.png

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This statistics conversation is riveting. 

revenge-of-the-nerds-nerds.gif

Some people are way to hung up on analytics. John Riggins had a rush average under 4 yards. He’d be massacred here purely on his stats.

2 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Couldn’t be worse, could it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, London Kev said:

Just to give it some perspective. Going from sixteen games per season to seventeen is an increase of 6.25%.

Players obviously have a greater chance of picking up an injury the more games they play, but adding one game to a sixteen game season doesn't significantly increase that chance.

Looking at the 6.25% is extremely mis-leading.  For example, if you run 16 miles and then have to run another mile at the end of it, it doesn't feel like 6.25%. When it goes to 18 games a year, the statistic would be 5.88%, are you saying it would be less significant?

I feel the significant value to look at is additive quantity.

WFT ran about 66 offensive plays per game last year (1051 / 16 = 65.7) https://www.nfl.com/teams/washington-football-team/stats

This number of 66 plays (one game) becomes more significant in the context of:

It is at the end of the season when everyone is playing hurt.

Injuries may have already depleted the roster, so lesser players and shifted line-ups create chances of problems. (i.e. Mahomes in SB)

66 more "explosions" along the line increases the chance of head trauma, which can lead to CTE. 

One more week of the body under stress.  (Why they didn't add a second bye week is beyond me.)

I know any play, any game may bring injury, but added one game has more effect than the 6.25% value.

:229:The Rook

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, The Rook said:

Looking at the 6.25% is extremely mis-leading.  For example, if you run 16 miles and then have to run another mile at the end of it, it doesn't feel like 6.25%. When it goes to 18 games a year, the statistic would be 5.88%, are you saying it would be less significant?

This is true and a good example of the marketing spin. 

You can tell two completely different versions of the same story by spinning stats.

Well done.

• Like 2

Whether you believe so or not, statistics is a big part of the game today and a predictor of how a team or player will perform. It is very vital in baseball and we should pay attention to analytics. 

With that said football is still a gut feeling or feel for the game kind of sport where passion and football intelligence plays an important part of the outcome. 

Edited by skinsfan93

Wow that is a very large very athletic offensive tackle with a very large amount of consonant letters in his name. 

Hopefully he was a late bloomer. Ron seems to go after late bloomers, I guess the value is highest on them if you catch them before the boom. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Haha 1