Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can see them picking up one our OL that doesn't make the cut.

Even Theismann, during the Ravens' game, pointed out we have nice depth on the OL and some guys who we cut, or even try on the PS, will most likely get a job elsewhere in the NFL

Some of our backups could start on their OL I imagine.

Sure wish there was a way we could avoid helping them that way.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

But his right knee is 56.

Eh.. even in Atlanta last year he was still a pretty decent running back. He's a 3x probowler, and really doesn't have that much mileage on him. I wouldn't take him considering we have enough RBs as it is but I'm really surprised he hasn't been picked up by another team as of yet. I'm thinking the Ravens will probably go sniffing now that dobbins is out for the year.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, realize this was at someone else but agree 100%. We over value our players. They are all worth major draft capitol but yet we want them off the team... 🙂 

If there is someone in a front office/coaching staff that loved Kyle Allen coming out of college that's all it takes. That's how we ended up trading for John Beck.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense to me lol...unless you're meaning that Skins fans who are irritated at the lack of consistent success find themselves overpraising the Cowboys by comparison. For me, I think it should be easy to give them the exact amount of credit they deserve, regardless of how their highs and lows compare to ours.

I was responding to someone who specifically expressed frustration at the amount of praise WFT fans heap on the Cowboys over the years so yeah, that’s basically my point. We’ve been a poverty franchise for over two decades, it’s not hard to see where the little brother syndrome comes from for the fans who experience it in this division. 

21 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

Eh.. even in Atlanta last year he was still a pretty decent running back. He's a 3x probowler, and really doesn't have that much mileage on him. I wouldn't take him considering we have enough RBs as it is but I'm really surprised he hasn't been picked up by another team as of yet. I'm thinking the Ravens will probably go sniffing now that dobbins is out for the year.

He's earned a lot of money in his NFL career and probably does not want to play for what teams are prepared to pay him. Assuming he could pass a physical.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was responding to someone who specifically expressed frustration at the amount of praise WFT fans heap on the Cowboys over the years so yeah, that’s basically my point. We’ve been a poverty franchise for over two decades, it’s not hard to see where the little brother syndrome comes from for the fans who experience it in this division. 

I'm having a hard time imagining anyone over 25 having a little brother syndrome over any of the teams in our division to be honest. And I've never been a fan of "They've done better than us over the past (x) years so we can't criticize them" mentality.

It's kinda weird when Dallas fans put more praise on the WFT than some Washington fans do lol...on Cowboyszone someone recently said that they thought their D-Line was better than ours. I was about to log in to respond to that nonsense when another Cowboys fans said "Their backup DLinemen are Ioannidis and Settle. Both would start easily for us." It didn't feel right lol...

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

If his knee is toast, doesn't matter the mileage. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I'm having a hard time imagining anyone over 25 having a little brother syndrome over any of the teams in our division to be honest. And I've never been a fan of "They've done better than us over the past (x) years so we can't criticize them" mentality.

It's kinda weird when Dallas fans put more praise on the WFT than some Washington fans do lol...on Cowboyszone someone recently said that they thought their D-Line was better than ours. I was about to log in to respond to that nonsense when another Cowboys fans said "Their backup DLinemen are Ioannidis and Settle. Both would start easily for us." It didn't feel right lol...

There’s always going to be the fans who protect themselves by keeping expectations low and hyping up the competition. I don’t think it’s that common around here but it’s certainly a defense mechanism we’ve seen. I’m just saying that I get it, when that happens. I get the deep mental pit this team has put some people in, that they have to crawl out of to make these posts that seem strange to the more hopeful among us lol. 

I’m not one of these people that we’re talking about, but I’m 32 and over those decades that I actively remember we have been by far the worst team in this division, consistently the least talented, and the least exciting to watch from the outside, in my lifetime. So yeah the trepidation is understandable. We’re only like 16 months past the point of rooting against our own team to ensure the coaching staff and FO got fired because it was so bad here. We’ve come a long way in that time in terms of respectability, for those who are paying attention. But it’s still pretty new and precarious for the fans who had created a shield for themselves out of pessimism and cynicism, over the years.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If there is someone in a front office/coaching staff that loved Kyle Allen coming out of college that's all it takes. That's how we ended up trading for John Beck.

Yes, anything is possible. But please. let's stay on planet earth here. If there was anyone, they have been very quiet. They could have had him for a 5th rd pick last yr. Also, I don't remember anyone being that excited abotu him coming out of college. Let's not forget he was an undrafted free agent. All 32 teams had 7 shots at him, and nothing. If there was anyone who liked him that much they would have at least used a 7th rd pick on him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

If we were gonna bring in Wright why wait until the season is almost upon us?

We've had no injuries and the coaches have known what they have at linebacker since the draft ended.

If they thought an upgrade was needed they should have done it 5 months ago so Wright could get acclimated. 

You're guaranteeing the salary if you do it now.  Five months ago, they hadn't gone through OTAs, training camp, and preseason. 

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

What didn’t you like about Turner? 

I came away from last season encouraged, but obviously with more to prove.

It felt almost vanilla. It wasn’t quite as bad as gruden, but we really seemed to telegraph if the play would be run or pass. We lacked playmakers and weren’t going to beat teams based on pure talent so I felt we needed creativity in order to run a successful offense, but I saw none of that.  We had a wr turned rb in the backfield, who was a freak in open space, yet we didn’t scheme to get him there. 

Judging by what I saw, I was disappointed, but… big but, this was a new coaching staff implementing a new offense with a coach receiving treatment for cancer during a Covid offseason combined with the leagues worst qb play. So, I give him the pass.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Yes, anything is possible. But please. let's stay on planet earth here. If there was anyone, they have been very quiet. They could have had him for a 5th rd pick last yr. Also, I don't remember anyone being that excited abotu him coming out of college. Let's not forget he was an undrafted free agent. All 32 teams had 7 shots at him, and nothing. If there was anyone who liked him that much they would have at least used a 7th rd pick on him. 

But that's true of any undrafted player, that NFL teams had 7 (or really 8) shots at them. Doesn't mean their value can't change. Is Adam Thielen still worthless because he once went undrafted? No, because value changes. We've literally seen it first hand as Allen went from undrafted to being traded for a 5th round pick. So his value went up. You can believe there's isn't league wide interest in Allen, but there's a big difference in trading assets for a player and claiming a player on waivers. Roughly 20 players get claimed off waivers EVERY year just after cutdowns. And it's not like those other teams are broadcasting their interest in the waived players. I think its beyond naive to think that literally zero NFL teams would claim a former starting QB making the bare minimum salary. The bare is exceptionally low when teams are looking for QBs That's how desperate many teams are.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CTskin said:

It felt almost vanilla. It wasn’t quite as bad as gruden, but we really seemed to telegraph if the play would be run or pass. We lacked playmakers and weren’t going to beat teams based on pure talent so I felt we needed creativity in order to run a successful offense, but I saw none of that.

There was definitely some vanilla to the offense, but liked he kept the run and pass as an option always on any down throughout the year. 

We had a wr turned rb in the backfield, who was a freak in open space, yet we didn’t scheme to get him there. 

Thought Gibson could’ve featured more myself, but that one would seem above his pay grade. Ron voiced wanting to bring Gibson along slowly from day 1 of drafting him. Not that Turner didn’t agree, but if Ron wanted Gibson featured more in the pats game he would’ve. Also, he most likely wasn’t ready for that role. If he was, he’d probably been a 1st round pick. 

Judging by what I saw, I was disappointed, but… big but, this was a new coaching staff implementing a new offense with a coach receiving treatment for cancer during a Covid offseason combined with the leagues worst qb play. So, I give him the pass.

Eeek… Obviously opinion, but hard to be disappointed with all the negative variables outside of Turners control last season. Dont think we’re that far off, who cares anyways lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Not a bad sign when teams know who your DT4 is. :ols:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TK said:

Heard we've had a couple of calls for Settle.

Would we seriously trade Settle? I never even thought he was at risk/ Quality depth in the middle behind payne and Allen.  Of course resigning Allen maybe makes it moot.

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

Would we seriously trade Settle? I never even thought he was at risk/ Quality depth in the middle behind payne and Allen.  Of course resigning Allen maybe makes it moot.

I doubt we’ll be able to keep him after this season.  Exploring a trade makes sense, but there isn’t too much depth behind him.  Though Daniel Wise did impress.  If there is an overpay, you have to consider it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If we could get a 2nd or even a 3rd for Settle that would be a big value increase for a 5th rounder. But he also gives us quality depth so not sure how I'd feel about it.

There's no way we're getting a Day 2 pick for Settle, especially when he's a free agent after the season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Eeek… Obviously opinion, but hard to be disappointed with all the negative variables outside of Turners control last season. Dont think we’re that far off, who cares anyways lol

No doubt about it, turner got dealt a tough hand for season 1. Now, year 2, with upgrades mostly all around, the cumulative talent on this offense is at least average, so the success or failure is on him. 

14 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

There's no way we're getting a Day 2 pick for Settle, especially when he's a free agent after the season.

Probably depends on how desperate a team is for interior DL. If they're convinced that they'll probably have to let him walk after this season and they get a decent offer then I'd certainly take it.

• Like 1