Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Has any player ever failed a drug test and was like, yup ya got me I was taking steroids to bulk up?

The answer nope, it's like shawshank redemption, Heywood, what you in here for?

Didn't do it, lawyer ****ed me!

Everybody's innocent in here dont you know that?

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Has any player ever failed a drug test and was like, yup ya got me I was taking steroids to bulk up?

The answer nope, it's like shawshank redemption, Hayworth, why you in here.

Didn't do it, lawyer ****ed me!

Everybody's innocent in here Didn't you know that?

I was thinking the same thing earlier. No one ever just admits they have been juicing.

7 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol Ryan Anderson just got popped for 6 games for PED.

Part of me can’t fully blame the guy for trying to manufacture the athleticism he just never had, he’s *this* close to being able to make a long career of his dream, he just isn’t enough of an athlete to guarantee any more time in this league, no matter what kind of work ethic or study habits he has or doesn’t have. Must be frustrating, especially after playing well within a true epicenter of elite football performance in Alabama, and then the big leagues just smack you down over and over again. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

I think we need to pick up a LB off wavers.  Who are are current by backups?  Are they good enough for this top 5 defense?

Depends on how many starters you count. Davis, Bostic, and Holcomb would be the traditional starters in a 4-3 base. The team likely only keeps 5 total LBs though, with Hudson and probably Mayo rounding out the list. That's likely it for the 53. Mayo is the most replaceable.

Some other thoughts:

I think this team keeps 7 WR and that includes Milne and AGG. I'm not really sure there's a benefit to DeAndre Carter. He's 28 already, so there's pretty much no upside. He' s a zero in the passing game. His sole use are returns. And he is better than anyone else on the roster in returns. But he's not an elite returner. He's simply better than the alternatives. Still, in game where the NFL seems to want to eliminate kickoff returns, how much value does a returner actually have? I'd rather keep AGG than get an extra two yards per punt return over the season. 

I also think Apke and Everett are likely fighting for one spot, the special teams guy you really don't want to have to play on defense. Everett is clearly better on defense than Apke, as he's worked his way up to below average. But Apke is good on team and is cheaper and has more theoretical position versatility. It's hard to see the team keeping two primary special teams guys in the secondary. Though Forrest getting hurt may make it easier for Everett.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

In my opinion we need to sign or pick up another back and PS Patterson...he's not ready for prime time. At this point I'm giving reps to Samuel at RB once he comes back but if I'm RR I need to get another solid pro into the mix. Someone is gonna come available who can help us....lets see what the waiver wire turns up. 

Why? Gibson and JD are fine and anything else out there isn’t gonna he better than what’s in house. 

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

I think we need to pick up a LB off wavers.  Who are are current by backups?  Are they good enough for this top 5 defense?

Given the depth of the LB class in the draft, I was hoping the team would draft another LB in Day 2 or Day 3. I can't complain about Juice or Dyami as both guys are showing signs of being quite promising early on. I was also hoping for KJ Wright to supplant Bostic as a starter but he is probably not a great fit for this D - he is a slower player that uses elite smarts and length to be the player he is while this D seems to require speed first

You can't send JP to the PS off of two dropped passes. You still keep him on the team. He is the heir apparent to McKissic and, by keeping him, you get to avoid paying McKissic a multimillion dollar a year deal or draft a scat back in the 2022 draft.

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Part of me can’t fully blame the guy for trying to manufacture the athleticism he just never had, he’s *this* close to being able to make a long career of his dream, he just isn’t enough of an athlete to guarantee any more time in this league, no matter what kind of work ethic or study habits he has or doesn’t have. Must be frustrating, especially after playing well within a true epicenter of elite football performance in Alabama, and then the big leagues just smack you down over and over again. 

I was much more shocked when his name was announced on draft day then this. 

At this point it's a guy hoping for one more year of work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Saints went 7-9 3 years in a row when Drew Brees was in his prime.  Neither Cam Newton not Matt Ryan are better QBs than Drew Brees (And I'll fight anybody who wants to try and argue otherwise, and I'll win, so don't try), nor anybody who was playing for Tamp Bay at the time.  

Aaron Rodgers hasn't won the division every year.  most years, sure.  But not every year.  

The Rams won the division when they had Goff.  And Wilson is a better QB by far. The 49ers won the division with G-however-you-spell-galo.  And Wilson is a million times better than him.  

The only real example of the best QB in the division ALWAYS winning the division is Brady with NE.  But that division also had pathetic Bills, Dolphins and Jets teams. That's more the exception than the rule.  

The NFL is NOT the NBA, where if you have one of the top 5 guys you're a top 5 team.

It clearly helps.  But it's not the rule.  

What were the Saints before Drew Brees arrived and what were they after he arrived?  Just sayin'

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Why? Gibson and JD are fine and anything else out there isn’t gonna he better than what’s in house. 

I think there might be something better that comes along. Just my opinion...I believe Patterson needs more time to learn and that Barber is mediocre. All I'm saying is that there could be better options....for arguments sake, is L'veon Bell or Todd Gurley a better option than Barber and/or Patterson? I know people will attack me for bringing up Bell but it's just an example. My brother is a huge Steelers fan and tells me that Benny Snell is in trouble to make the team....I'd take Snell over Patterson at this point on the active roster. Again, just an example and I know many of you will not agree. 

As for Gibson and JD I'm fine with both of them...it's the other two that don't excite me in any way.

• Like 2

In fact, I'm reading where Phillip Lindsay's role in Houston is pretty unclear at this point. I love the way Lindsay runs and he's a good dude. If we could get him for a late round pick or another player he'd be great here as another option who's had success in the league. This is an example of what I'd be looking to add while moving JP to the PS.

• Like 4

For some reason, I think Gibson is going to be fine as a lead running back. We probably could upgrade our depth, but how many plays does your third or fourth running back realistically see (unless injury happens.) I also think that Turner's plan is to be pass happy. So, running backs who are receivers probably fits what he wants to do pretty well. 

Patterson is a great story. I know sentiment shouldn't be part of the decision making process, but it feels like the whole team has adopted Jaret and he's a local kid. I think that gives him the edge off guys on another team who could be gotten after cuts. I certainly wouldn't trade for a back up running back.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Borgold said:

For some reason, I think Gibson is going to be fine as a lead running back. We probably could upgrade our depth, but how many plays does your third or fourth running back realistically see (unless injury happens.) I also think that Turner's plan is to be pass happy. So, running backs who are receivers probably fits what he wants to do pretty well. 

Patterson is a great story. I know sentiment shouldn't be part of the decision making process, but it feels like the whole team has adopted Jaret and he's a local kid. I think that gives him the edge off guys on another team who could be gotten after cuts. I certainly wouldn't trade for a back up running back.

I'm guessing these are the conversations the coaching staff is having....can Gibson make it thru the season healthy? If he goes down who becomes the lead back? Is the backup good enough to carry the load as the #1 back? I'm doubtful that Gibson makes it thru the entire season without missing a game or more so if a better option than Patterson or Barber comes available I'm pouncing on it for the right price. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm guessing these are the conversations the coaching staff is having....can Gibson make it thru the season healthy? If he goes down who becomes the lead back? Is the backup good enough to carry the load as the #1 back? I'm doubtful that Gibson makes it thru the entire season without missing a game or more so if a better option than Patterson or Barber comes available I'm pouncing on it for the right price. 

Maybe. If the right price is free. We've actually found quite a few off the street, plug and play running backs that proved servicable. I also think Patterson can pull it off, but you're right, that's what the coaches need to decide.

11 hours ago, Mpvanskins said:

I was thinking the same thing earlier. No one ever just admits they have been juicing.

Sounds like it wasn't actually juice or HGH or anything like that, some other "substance" that was on the NFL's list for whatever reason. Unless his agent is just lying through his teeth, which wouldn't be a good look because the Giants would know what the substance was.

17 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Why in the world would any team give that up considering they have no idea what the outcome of his issues will be whether via proper authorities or the NFL. At minimum he's out the first half of the season.

Yeah, they'd struggle to get that even if he didn't demand a trade and have a mountain of legal issues hanging over his head.

I'd go one first and one second though.  Maybe two seconds and a first.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah, they'd struggle to get that even if he didn't demand a trade and have a mountain of legal issues hanging over his head.

I'd go one first and one second though.  Maybe two seconds and a first.

Allen and Apke for Watson. Alphabetically, how can they turn that down?

Besides, Allen is a former NFL starting QB!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Initially, I fell for this.

I should have known better, than to believe anything not from Robert Griffin III

So, is the moral of the story, to only believe what Robert Griffin III says ?

I don't think his goal was to have people think Barber was cut lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1