Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

5 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Dak is an Uncle Ruckus house negro. Rivalry is one thing but being a sellout makes me really, really dislike him.

What’s the story behind this?

Edited by dyst

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Last week  @Koolblue13was hoping or expecting a 3pm game (for some KoolBlue Reason), but had to settle for an 8pm instead.

This week he shall be happy to know the NFL has compromised with his expectations, and provided a much earlier 6pm game tonight.

I work at 4 and considering I almost fought an employee last night, I'm pretty sure I'll be busy.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I believe in haskins...team haskins baby!!...cold coors light, draft please...

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Tater, i never said I’d buy a beer for the person that believes in haskins. I said I’d buy a beer for @Warhead36 if he could find me one person that believes in haskins. you’re not getting a free beer out of this 😂

But now, @Warhead36 is gonna be like, "I located Tater, the Haskins-Lover ; so where's my free beer ?!"

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jags traded minshew to philly. guess hurts must really be awful 😂

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

So Eagles just got Minshew. He could be their best QB. Kinda liked him.

Somewhere, Doug Pederson is smiling quietly to himself, with this confirmation that he was absolutely correct about Hurts, which reportedly contributed to him losing his job.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

35 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Tater, i never said I’d buy a beer for the person that believes in haskins. I said I’d buy a beer for @Warhead36 if he could find me one person that believes in haskins. you’re not getting a free beer out of this 😂

Damn! Lol

6 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

Can I just say I believe in him for the free beer?

I already tried lol

I hope to God Minshew gets the starting job our defense would absolutely tear him alive

39 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I work at 4 and considering I almost fought an employee last night, I'm pretty sure I'll be busy.

You..almost in a fight?....noooooooo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Vanguard said:

**** the Cowboys.  I don’t worship or fear them.  And I don’t brag about their record when I’m a fan of their division rival.  I don’t like Dak either.  Sounds to me like you should switch teams.

Well your guy Sheehan doesn’t sound like he can nail down an opinion on much of anything from what I’m reading.  I won’t be listening to him.

Divison rivals?..lol yeah right this ain't the 70s or 80s

we all know the stadium rule that this is where we talk about the wft "exclusively" (almost lol) and atn is for talking about the other nfl teams/players/etc

but we do make a lot of comments in this thread  about stuff going on with other players and other teams than the wft, and that's perfectly fine and should continue as it has

but i thought this would be a good place to draw attention to the link below, fwiw, for those who may be interested and hardly even look at the atn except for the "hate kirk" and "hate cowboys" threads 😁

i return you to your regular programming

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hope he uses that "infectious" energy to distribute many "saccines". 😬

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I work at 4 and considering I almost fought an employee last night

KB, I see that "Chase Young infectious energy" has carried on, to you as well ;)

Who does your employee think he is, Tamarack Hemingway, for picking a fight with you ?

Or is that actually Hemingway's new job, after just getting cut from the team

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

we all know the stadium rule that this is where we talk about the wft "exclusively" (almost lol) and atn is for talking about the other nfl teams/players/etc

but we do make a lot of comments in this thread  about stuff going on with other players and other teams than the wft, and that's perfectly fine and should continue as it has

but i thought this would be a good place to draw attention to the link below, fwiw, for those who may be interested and hardly even look at the atn except for the "hate kirk" and "hate cowboys" threads 😁

i return you to your regular programming

Did you make it to any training camps this year?..anybody standing out?

13 hours ago, Nerm said:

I think Dallas has a less than 50% chance of winning  the NFC East, but I would not pick any other team in the East to be favorites over them.  If Dak is not OK, they are longshots.  If Dak is OK, they have the best QB in the division, and that is usually enough.  

I just don't subscribe to that theory at all, regarding the best QB in the division determining the winner. All you have to do is look at the past year. And even further back.

If you look at 2020, as a whole, we not only did not have the best QB play, but we arguably had the WORST QB play in the division.

None of our QB's were winning games for us. Just barely doing enough, to not lose games.

It was our defense that won the division.

And likely, it will be our defense that wins it this year, as well (because for one, we took a great defensive strength and made it even stronger. Then we took our weaknesses on offense and made it stronger).

We can win with less than great QB play. Unless Fitz turns into a turnover machine. But even then, I can see Fitz getting benched in the first half of the season,

if he starts turning over too much, and then I'll be confident in our chances with Heinicke.

You might say that doesn't count since Dak wasn't healthy. So then what about 2019, when Dallas missed the playoffs, despite Dak passing for a career high 4900 yards and 30 touchdowns.

Or 2017, when Dak was healthy and playing well. Yet it was the much-lesser Nick Foles who raced past Dallas for the Division Title.

Best QB doesn't always determine the best team in a division, conference, league, etc.

Plus, Dallas always, always, always, seems to take a very talented team of theirs, and find ways to under-achieve.

36 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i'm no longer allowed to enter any camps of any kind

You're welcome in my campgrounds anytime

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

As for fans wanting competition for the Hopper in camp, maybe, and a "big maybe", the team was waiting towards the end of camp, when other teams start cutting kickers who are better quality than what was available on the market, earlier ? Just loose speculation.

But I've already seen the process begin, elsewhere in the league, of cutting kicker(s) that were competing in camp.

Honestly though, Hopkins' job is probably safe at the moment. But I bet they have their eye on a kicker or 2, to bring in, the moment Hop starts struggling again

Really wish we were in on that Minshew deal, I’d have beat what the Eagles gave easily by a full round (a 5th that can become a 4th). He’s a good long term backup if nothing else and has some moxy to come into a game or start a few and play with passion. He doesn’t have stud tools but he offers some upside and we need that. He had a slump last year on an awful team whose terrible staff was wiped, but he showed a lot of promise and balls as a rookie. Great value for a 6th or 5th round pick for the Eagles, especially given how much of a risky bet Hurts is. 

The main story here though is how out of his depth Urban Meyer is. Fully stole HALF of his lauded #1 overall pick’s offseason reps in service to a fake competition with a guy he ended up trading for a 6th? ****ing moronic. The Etienne panic pick after he missed on who he really wanted already showed a crack, but this is a really good look into how much he’s not cut out for this. 

• Like 9

Nobody should be surprised that Cooley lost interest in the level of work he was doing once other opportunities weren’t coming easily enough. He seems like an entertaining dude, but he himself has said on multiple occasions that if he had the discipline and work ethic to take care of his body and eat correctly he would have have a much longer NFL career rather than falling off a cliff. Given he’s likely set for life if he was smart with his money, I’m sure that for a guy wired like he seems to be, it’s tough to keep grinding on that level for too long. 

• Like 3