Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

^^ Top one is Martin...I say this because he looks slightly familiar lol...

2 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Wes M. on top & Wes S. on the bottom? This is a guess mind you based on the alphabet; S after M. 

The aphabet wasn't the only hint - but the player "on top" is also the player known to be "top heavy".

If you've ever seen Wes Martin's build, you'd know what I mean.

Congrats to you both.

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I see Fitz giving Sims more chances for contested type throws. Seems like he trusts him, this along with Fitz acknowledging Sims length, indicates to me that he will give him more opportunities.

Fitz isn't scared of turnovers, Sims doesn't have vice like hands and is on the scrawny side. I don't like that kind of 50/50 ball. I'd much rather have those thrown to (I know he's gone) strong handed guys Harmon.

Listened to Rivera on the radio.

Asked to highlight a surprise player this season:  Dyami, St. Juste but then went on about Deandre Carter as a returner. 

Dax Milne -- mentioned him on returns after Carter

Patterson -- can back up on kick offs

Humphries if u just need the ball caught 

Asked to describe the strengths of the interior defense.  J. Allen = strength.  Payne = athleticism.  Ionnaidis = savvy pass rusher

• Like 1

If given the opportunity, I am expecting big things out of Milne.  He's nothing special when you look at him but he really came on and produced at BYU and I am believe the same thing happens here in Washington again given the chance with increased playing time.

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If given the opportunity, I am expecting big things out of Milne.  He's nothing special when you look at him but he really came on and produced at BYU and I am believe the same thing happens here in Washington again given the chance with increased playing time.

I think Im more concerned with Fitz, I think we will be just fine with the receivers we have, I don't yet trust Fitz to make the right decisions and get the ball to them. Pre season there just was not enough sample size to make a judgement.

Hopefully my concerns are unfounded about Fitz. This team will only go as far as he takes us.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/5-bold-predictions-2021-washington-football-team

5 Bold Predictions for the 2021 WFT

By JP Finlay

It's been nearly 20 years since an NFC East team won consecutive division titles, and for the Washington Football Team to achieve that feat this year, many things will have to fall in place. 

Ron Rivera certainly believes his team has the talent to do so, but football is a funny game. Things evolve over the course of a now 17-game season, and what's true in September and October can certainly look different in November and December. 

To be crystal clear, this is not an attempt at normal predictions for the 2021 season. That would look like this: A good young defense and an improved but uneven offense combine for a 9-8 record and a Wild Card spot. 

Instead, these are bold predictions, intended to be provocative and incendiary. If that's not what you're shopping for, turn away. 

1. QB Carousel - Look this isn't fun to write and it's not fun to read, but the facts show that Washington has started at least three quarterbacks in each of the last three seasons. Check it if you want, but here are the names, in order, with repeats, since the 2018 opener: Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Mark Sanchez, Josh Johnson, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Colt McCoy, Haskins, Kyle Allen, Smith, Taylor Heinicke. That's a lot. A lot. Now enter Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter to go with Heinicke as backup and Allen in third string. It would be terrific for Fitzpatrick to start all 17 games this year. Should that happen it's safe to assume Washington will win double-digit games, however, for a variety of different reasons Fitzpatrick hasn't started a full season since 2016. History tells us to expect multiple QB starters in Washington.
  2. Cole in the stocking - Washington drafted Jamin Davis in the first round to shore up its linebacker group, and the rookie could prove to be a tackling machine. In 2022. This season, expect third-year pro Cole Holcomb to lead Washington in tackles. He's got sideline-to-sideline speed and a clearer understanding of his role after a full season in Jack Del Rio's defense. Last year fellow linebacker Jon Bostic led Washington with 118 tackles. Safety Kam Curl ranked second with 88 and then Holcomb in third with 72. Expect those spots to flip between Bostic and Holcomb this season. 
  3. Big-time players - It's time to start expecting big things from Washington's best players. Seriously. In a 17-game season and with a quarterback happy to throw downfield and let his playmakers take chances, Terry McLaurin should get to 1,300 receiving yards and flirt with 1,400 yards. He went over 1,100 yards last season with subpar QB play and a group of passers scared to take big shots. That won't be the situation with Fitzpatrick on the field. More importantly, expect McLaurin's yards-per-reception to jump back over 14, and look for more touchdowns. McLaurin scored seven times as a rookie but saw that total slip to four TDs in 2020. Double-digit scores isn't out of the question this fall.
  4. Double Double - Montez Sweat and Chase Young breakthrough for double-digit sacks. They could combine for 25. They're monsters and ready to rock. Somehow oddsmakers have them slated for fewer than 20 combined, but on this one, the oddsmakers are wrong.
  5. Name names - Washington's new name will be the Commanders, and the word will get out before the 2021 season finishes. You heard me.
  6. Bold bonus - Listen up - After the offense finishes 10 spots higher than it did a year prior, and the young Washington defensive backs continue to develop into possible Pro Bowlers, expect to hear Scott Turner and Chris Harris as hot names in coaching searches for the 2022 cycle. Young coaches with impressive profiles and pedigrees, Turner and Harris will be on the radar around the NFL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

standig

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 9.55.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 9.56.28 AM.png

38 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd be surprised if he gets much of an opportunity. Too far down the depth chart.  It would likely mean lots of injuries at WR. I am one of the only people who mentioned Milne before the draft some so  I like him but I'd be surprised if he makes much of an impact this season.  Next season I could see it if they let Humphries go.  But you never know?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Commanders sucks. That's Wizards bad, so maybe that's the tie in to DC sports.

I used to think the Nationals name sucked, but it grew on me.

I do get the premise of a vague generic concept that fits with the capital city of a country, instead of a normal mascot that could go anywhere.

The Pentagon is here.  The CnC is here.  Etc.

Edit: still think the Wizards name sucks though.

Edited by Alcoholic Zebra

32 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I used to think the Nationals name sucked, but it grew on me.

I do get the premise of a vague generic concept that fits with the capital city of a country, instead of a normal mascot that could go anywhere.

The Pentagon is here.  The CnC is here.  Etc.

Edit: still think the Wizards name sucks though.

Nationals sucks, but it works. Saying Nats is cool. Will we be the commies or the ders? It sucks.

On 9/6/2021 at 2:13 PM, Jericho said:

I think you may have misunderstood his point. No one is saying football isn't a rough sport. No one is saying any additional football won't lead to more wear and tear and thus injuries. But some are acting like 17 games is some huge tipping point that will create a cascade of injuries and require strategic alterations. Something vastly different than 16 games. And there's little to support that. Mainly because nearly half the league was already playing 17 games if you include the playoffs.

In all fairness I think you are quoting a very very small minority that have made those statements. More full games will create more injuries, especially if you do not expand the roster by a few spots - or at least eliminate the game day inactives.  

On 9/6/2021 at 2:13 PM, Jericho said:

On a personal note, I don't see the need for more games. It's clearly a cash grab. And although players will get more money, they'll also receive the brunt of the negative side too. But I don't think you'll see vast changes in how the game already is.

I agree it's for cash but I love more games as long as they reduce the preseason. So it's not really more games it's more games that count. I will always be in favor of that. I believe soon they will go to 18 gms with 2 byes and possibly go down to 2 preseason games. 

After last night I am ready for some Washington football!!