Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

Todd Gurley is only 27???

I think it is telling, though, that the team that he starred for and knows him better than anyone else, the Rams, decided to trade a draft pick for Michel to split time with Henderson, rather than to sign free agent Gurley.

7 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I think it is telling, though, that the team that he starred for and knows him better than anyone else, the Rams, decided to trade a draft pick for Michel to split time with Henderson, rather than to sign free agent Gurley.

Oh yeah he's clearly done. I'm just shocked he's still that young.

35 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Monday morning Debbie downer here. We won the division at 7-9. It’s a bit much for some here to dismiss the other teams like we’re the obvious top dogs. We’re not.

the way I see it, each time is .500ish, so this will be a fun division race. 

eagles are a crapshoot, giants get saquan back, cowboys get dak back, bolstered the D and brought in a really good DC. 

we can win the division, but it’s imperative that Turner be MUCH better. Absolutely hated him last year, but he gets a pass because he had awful qbs to work with. 

What didn’t you like about Turner? 

I came away from last season encouraged, but obviously with more to prove.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know and I saw the tweets too at the time. However, they moved the ball against at least some of the Pats first stringers earlier in that game but he threw a pick in the red zone.   Their offense looked more fluid than our offense did against NE.  But again it was preseason.  And, I do think that game exposed that what Giants fans fear which is their O line failing is seriously in play again this season. 

I saw Daniel Jones as a marginal-bottom rung starter before the draft.  I didn't want him and I was passionate about the point.  I think more highly of him now but just a little higher.  It's not that I like him.  But I see him as sort of 20-25 type QB.  He's marginally better than what i thought he'd be, I compared him to a mobile Keenum caliber wise before that draft -- I think he's slightly better than that.  Yet i still wouldn't want him.  I hope he does just enough this season for the Giants to keep riding the experiment.  I don't love the idea of them shopping for QBs with us at the same time in the off season with them having two first round picks and more additoonal draft change than we do to trade with.

Need Jones to be just good enough to secure 10% of their cap in the coming years. ;) 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Jericho said:

I still maintain Kyle Allen would be easily claimed if cut. I think you're way off on his value league wide. As for the roster, don't keep 10 OL (who's really worth that 10th spot?) or 4 RB (I'm not sure there are most than 2 NFL worthy backs on this roster). That's the easy solution. 3 QBs, 3 RBs, 7 WRs, 9 OL, 3 TEs = 25 players on offense. As for another RB and or OL, the practice squad seems perfect as anyone they cut they can find similar talent out there

I think we really “Ashburn” ourselves on the values of our backups. 

It’s literally possible the only person who Kyle has value to us Ron, with Scott Turner as the OC.  He’s never played for any other coach.  We don’t know would snap him up. The best would be someone running Norv’s system, but there aren’t that many folks running that system these days.  

I really don’t think he’d have a problem clearing waivers.  Sure, he’d get picked up somewhere at some point this year due to injury.  But not right away.  He’s just not that good, and doesn’t have great results, and is coming off a really tough injury.  

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

But you will have to explain to me how keeping one guy results in multiple player losses 🙂 

I’m combining it with cutting Barber. :)

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s literally possible the only person who Kyle has value to us Ron, with Scott Turner as the OC.  He’s never played for any other coach.  We don’t know would snap him up. The best would be someone running Norv’s system, but there aren’t that many folks running that system these days.  

I really don’t think he’d have a problem clearing waivers.  Sure, he’d get picked up somewhere at some point this year due to injury.  But not right away.  He’s just not that good, and doesn’t have great results, and is coming off a really tough injury.  

He’s a QB though, I think you are underestimating how in demand an even semi-competent QB is. I agree with Jericho I think he’d get claimed quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, Redskin21502 said:

Thank goodness for this

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401127937

They owned us lately.

Maybe we should bring back one player, who is not well-liked, but at least he proved to be a Giant-killer.

Just bring back for 2 games a year, to beat the Giants, with his game-winning plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnW6J9lv11M

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, realize this was at someone else but agree 100%. We over value our players. They are all worth major draft capitol but yet we want them off the team... 🙂  

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m combining it with cutting Barber. :)

Still not following the math. 🙂  Keeping Allen is still one player. Cutting Barber is still one player... LOL

I would put him on the PS. Cut him from the 53 and if someone picks him up, good for them. Not a huge loss. But with the relaxed PS requirements allowing older players, it would be a good spot for him. Still in the organization but not taking up a spot on the 53. 

But I am afraid he will be on the 53 man roster. Someone high in the organization wants him here. Also not sure they want to spend $850,000 on a PS player. 

2 hours ago, Shakazullo21 said:

Any truth to the rumor that we are looking at KJ Wright?  Someone posted a youtube video with cutups of Wright and it says Washington reportedly to sign him immediately.  

If the extent of this rumor is a random youtuber claiming it and posting some clips, then I'd say it's probably not true at all.  I was expecting them to at least talk about why they think he's being signed "immediately".  But all this person's content is just highlights, no substance at all.  This youtuber doesn't know anything. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't find this particularly troubling.

Does anyone else here find this "troubling" ?

In addition to that tweet last night, today they wrote a whole article on his woes

We get them/him in Week 2, and it looks like Chase Young will feast on him...

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-lt-andrew-thomas-definitely-pressure-daniel-jones

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

If we were gonna bring in Wright why wait until the season is almost upon us?

We've had no injuries and the coaches have known what they have at linebacker since the draft ended.

If they thought an upgrade was needed they should have done it 5 months ago so Wright could get acclimated. 

They could be thinking that they could get him cheaper by waiting until now?.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, Borgold said:

Maybe. If the right price is free. We've actually found quite a few off the street, plug and play running backs that proved servicable. I also think Patterson can pull it off, but you're right, that's what the coaches need to decide.

I thought Lamar Miller was a decent pickup for that role, of backing up Gibson in case of injury.

I'm curious what led to his downfall. He's 30 years old. I guess he's one of those backs that wore out during his 20's, I'm assuming

2 hours ago, CTskin said:

Monday morning Debbie downer here. We won the division at 7-9. It’s a bit much for some here to dismiss the other teams like we’re the obvious top dogs. We’re not

I can definitely see the pessimism and hope all these new additions click and we can hands-down outright win the division by a couple games while posting a winning record. I can agree that our roster didn't improve that much. QB, for sure, but RB??  WR??  OL??  TE??

When we lost Gibson last year, our running game plummeted and didn't finish much stronger when he returned. We should've signed a Gibson clone as a competent back-up. I know there’s a lot of love for Patterson but frankly, his good performance has been a result of good blocking. The times where he gets no gain is usually when the blocking has been poor. He isn't that good now but I like him more and  I do like his ability to cut in natural grass. My point though is I don’t see much of an improvement in our RB.  

OL on paper is a little improvement but to me, Leno at LT is work in progress. And if Curtis Samuels can finally get on the field, that’ll be a huge improvement but right now it’s the same as last season sans Simms (addition by subtraction). TE depth is also a question. I hate to go through another year of scoring in the teens and completely relying on our D. And pray Gibson or Thomas or McLaurin doesn't get injured. Holy crap if that happens. 

Edited by JaxJoe
  • Like 2

Not to jinx it but the Giants continually show that if you have a below par offensive line its tough to be really good.  When they had their SB run a sneaky part of their success was good O line play for at least some of that period.  But they've really struggled to piece together a good O line for years now and the irony is they've tried to fix it but failed.  This off season though they were aggressive at some spots but not O line.

Overall they have a pretty good roster IMO sans edge rusher, O line and QB.  Arguably those are the three important spots in the NFL albeit PFF claims the secondary now trumps pass rush. 

But again no gloating from me until the WFT could show they can actually beat the Giants for a change. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

They could be thinking that they could get him cheaper by waiting until now?.

Maybe, and it's also possible they became less confident in our in house linebackers after a second training camp.

But at this point its just a rumor that doesn't seem like it's being floated by any credible sources so I wouldn't get too excited either.

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Edited by redskinss

55 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I thought Lamar Miller was a decent pickup for that role, of backing up Gibson in case of injury.

I'm curious what led to his downfall. He's 30 years old. I guess he's one of those backs that wore out during his 20's, I'm assuming

He caught a TD pass in our 1st preseason game...I think he can still play but got beaten out by Patterson. I agree, I liked Lamar Miller.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I have not heard anything about Wright but some vets time there signings to skip TC and PS.

Maybe that is what Wright is doing?

I remember reading in the offseason that it was all about $$$ with Wright.  That is the only reason he isnt with the Seahawks.  I think Wright said he wont sign a vet min type of deal to play.  Wright wants to get paid a decent starter money or he is willing to save his body and sit out.

Here is a recent article about Wright.  Not sure WFT will be willing to spend the money that is going to be required to get Wright even if WFT actually did have interest.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1485925/huard-k-j-wright-could-have-a-few-more-bucks-coming-his-way-from-seahawks/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don’t think anyone loves it, and yes they are usually overhyped despite not making deep playoffs runs. But they’ve been consistently more successful than us for literally decades, with higher highs, higher lows, and more star blue chip franchise players especially at QB. It’s not confusing why people give them more credit than they deserve.

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense to me lol...unless you're meaning that Skins fans who are irritated at the lack of consistent success find themselves overpraising the Cowboys by comparison. For me, I think it should be easy to give them the exact amount of credit they deserve, regardless of how their highs and lows compare to ours.

• Like 2