Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

Just called for Kelly.

PHOENIX (AP) — Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly won his bid for reelection Friday in the crucial swing state of Arizona, defeating Republican venture capitalist Blake Masters to put his party one victory away from clinching control of the chamber for the next two years of Joe Biden’s presidency.

Edited by MrSilverMaC
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

42 minutes ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

Any free sources to watch election coverage this evening? I'm shocked NBC and CNN are paywalling me. 

NBC News and ABC News are free live stream news channels on YouTube.  They might be focused in election tonight if results coming in or projections being made.

PBS Newshour did damn good job night of the election, they do more coverage then jus their daily hour show, see their YouTube channel as well (it doesn't look live right now though)

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

NBC News and ABC News are free love stream news channels on YouTube.  They might be focused in election tonight if results coming in or projections being made.

PBS Newshour did damn good job night of the election, they do more coverage then jus their daily hour show, see their YouTube channel as well (it doesn't look live right now though)

Cheers. Somehow, it never occured to me to try YouTube. Thanks!

• Thumb up 1

Say the GOP holds the majority in the House by a slim margin, how many people on the GOP side are moderate enough to go along with any Dem bills?

Can the House start voting on things now they want to get passed next year knowing they won't have control so that the Senate can vote on it come February once they have a 51/49 majority if Warnock wins?

47 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Say the GOP holds the majority in the House by a slim margin, how many people on the GOP side are moderate enough to go along with any Dem bills?

Can the House start voting on things now they want to get passed next year knowing they won't have control so that the Senate can vote on it come February once they have a 51/49 majority if Warnock wins?

Probably zero. Do nothing congress benefits GOP in 2024. 

Re the Ann Coulter Tweet, GOP remind us how unscrupulous they are willing to wade through **** to sniff out a few votes, and when all they find is a foul smell, quick to flush the toilet to make room for a new, shinier turd.

If elections are stolen it’s not trumps fault… right?! 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, tshile said:

i, under no circumstances, want nor do I think it’s a good idea to have trumper people in any position of power at any level of government. Even if I otherwise agree with them on the policy issues. I think they are a threat to our democracy, and I think they attract people that are a threat to our democracy or otherwise unsavory people (like racists.)

there’s several people here who seem to think I’m disingenuous when I say that. I can’t help that. If you can’t take what I say at face value, having no other connection to me and not actually knowing me at all, then I can’t fix that. That’s a “you” issue and there’s nothing I can do about that. 

if you choose to “read between the lines” and make up my opinions for me, I can’t really do anything about that. 

Im simply posting the information that’s available at the time, and what I think it means. That’s it. 

and we see people all the time “hold their nose” and pick a candidate they don’t like, because “it’s better than the other party winning.” Whether I personally think trumper candidates should qualify for that (I don’t), or whether you think they should, is completely irrelevant to the fact that many people operate that way. Liberals do the same thing (not implying when they do it’s exactly the same as this, just that they follow the same practice when it suits them)

if you can’t separate specific races where there are clear differences in candidate quality, where there are clear differences in the politics of the voters of a region, from a national view of “how many seats did each party get”, then that’s also a “you” problem and yelling about it and throwing your hands all over the place doesn’t change how naive and ignorant your analysis is. 

furthermore - there’s what the news and media talks about, what politicians say on camera, and what goes on behind the scenes with money and backing and support of people that matter to the party. And those things are different. 

people who have the inside track on politics don’t get their news from the places we do. Because we’re consuming entertainment - not raw and actual political information. 

and anyone that’s an expert in any field is familiar with watching the news/media cover their field and seeing how terrible of a job they do at it.  Politics isn’t any different - in fact politics is the main driver of the entertainment we consume that’s masquerading as “news”

so if you don’t get it - again, you problem. If none of that makes sense - again, you problem. If you can’t let got of your desire to paint all republicans as awful trumpers trying to overthrow the country - again, you problem. 

for what it’s worth the politics people on NPR are talking about this much similar to the way I am, so, these are not Republican talking points I’m falling for. The idea that internally republicans are in a civil war with trump and his people on one side, and traditional conservatives who think they’re ****ing everything up and ruining the party on the other, is not exactly novel or insider thinking or particularly clever. It’s pretty well known. 

But it is super inconvenient to admit for the liberals that have a vested interest in painting every Republican to be like or in support of trump. That’s a huge political talking point for them and it helps drive a portion of the electorate. So I get why it’s a thing - doesn’t make it correct or accurate though. 

I think balanced power of moderates is the most productive way of governance. Does it accomplish everything I think should be done, in the timely manner I think it should be done? No. But big picture things operate smother and run at a better clip when the extremists on both sides lose their power and have their voice softened. 

Interesting that everything you mentioned is an "everyone else" issue while the mere possibility that your points might come across as showing you to be precisely the kind of Tя☭mp/Q user/enabler that most of the Grand Oligarch’s Party is. As for naive and ignorant, the idea that voters of all parties haven't held their nose and voted for the lesser of two evils since voting was a thing, and that the choice we're facing right now is an entirely different animal is is exactly that, naive and ignorant. If you can't see that there is a difference between the small number of true conservatives like Liz Cheney that chose country over party, and the rest of the non-Tя☭mpist Republic party that chose to go along either out of fear or political expediency, well, that’s a “you” issue too. Cheney and others put their political careers on the line. All the non-Tя☭mpy Republic voters in Georgia and elsewhere had to do was either select the Libertarian candidate, or not vote for that office and move on. Based on the spread between votes for Walker and Gov. Dimbulb, only about 10% of them did. For a more glaring comparison, in Alabama, Doug Jones was only able to eke out a slim .5% win with massive Dem turnout and a child molester as his Republic opponent.

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

This is a highly disappointing election for my side.   With the exception of DeSantis.   I mostly blame Trump for this.   Masters, Walker, Oz and the New Hampshire guy were disasters.

Are moderate Republicans coming back?  The party went full Jan 6.  Liz Cheney lost her seat.  The Trumpers will continue to dominate the primaries.  Do you really think Trump won't push his candidates in 2024?