Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The knives were coming out for McConnell no matter what. There are a lot of super ambitious Senators that want to use SML as a launchpad for a POTUS run. I am ALL for it. McConnell is the single most savvy and ruthless leader on the GOP side, it would be awesome if he got sidelined. 

Is there a less assholian horse whisperer for Trump's base then McConnell?  Because Romney ain't it...

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I’m not sure what you mean. 

Romney is a moderate that I don't believe has any idea how to communicate or negotiate with Trumps base. 

Which would make him a bad replacement for McConnell in a situation where McCarthy is gonna need a lot of help to keep GOP in order in the House during major bill negotiations. 

You trust Romney with that, or someone better?

43 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@Renegade7

They do pass 70 to 80% of non-controversial items.  It's the 20 to 30% that will be difficult.  

A split House means McCarthy-Pelosi-Mconnell-Schumer negotiating on everything.  Past 2 years, McCarthy could be bypassed, so it was mainly McConnell-Schumer.  

Trump is going to egg on the 180+ Trumpy Reps.... they have not had legislative power since the 2018 elections. 

Just to further your point - here is the voting record from the clercks office.  https://clerk.house.gov/Votes?page=3

Many bills had both D and R support of varying levels. Some needed a 2/3s majority and passed. It's only the ones that get the base all riled up that become a strict party line vote. The problem with a R majority is that many good bills may never see the light of day and there will be non-stop "retaliation" for perceived slights in removal of commitees assignmens, impeachment hearings and Hunter, Huneter, Hunter. I mean why would anyone want to remove MTG from committees assignments. That was clearly just politically motivated since she is of such sound mind so there must be vindication.  

I do think some bills can get passed but still looks like the circus will be in town if the Rs get control of the House. Although they may have difficulty passing any of thier own legisaltion as there is already major infighting. Mccarthy once seen as a lock for Speaker if the Rs get control is now tenuiuios at best. Shouild at least be entertaiing but also sickening at the same time.

22 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Don't make me answer that. Haha.    I'm confident DeSantis will be the nominee if we don't have 10+ people in the primary.

Trump’s maga base isn’t leaving him and that’s 30-40% of gop electorate. In the primaries where it’s more of the base voting, going to be nearly impossible to beat Trump.

Now, if he wasn’t in it; it’s wide open. Desantis would be the favorite going in but you will have to see how he performs on the national stage. How does he handle being challenged in debates and national press? How he fares with Iowa and New Hampshire voters?

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It doesn’t matter who replaces McConnell, they won’t be as effective as McConnell and that’s a net positive for the planet. 

I'm only buying that if bills his replacement gets passed with 60+ votes the replacement can also help get passed in what the House is about to become.  Has to pass both chambers to get to Biden, not jus one.

33 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Don't make me answer that. Haha.    I'm confident DeSantis will be the nominee if we don't have 10+ people in the primary.

Booties might be popular in Florida, but I don't think he plays as well in the rest of the US as you might hope.  I know every time I've seen the man he presented as an intellectual and charisma black hole.  Kind of getting a Jeb Bush vibe on him...and honestly Jeb was more charismatic and smarter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm only buying that if bills his replacement gets passed with 60+ votes the replacement can also help get passed in what the House is about to become.  Has to pass both chambers to get to Biden, not jus one.

You ain’t wrong but that’s just part of the story with Mitch. He’s the only reason they even resemble a party right now. Under different leadership they could just as easily eat each other on the senate floor. And not in the good way. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Romney is a moderate that I don't believe has any idea how to communicate or negotiate with Trumps base. 

Which would make him a bad replacement for McConnell in a situation where McCarthy is gonna need a lot of help to keep GOP in order in the House during major bill negotiations. 

You trust Romney with that, or someone better?

It won’t be Romney. It’ll be like Hawley or Graham or Mike Lee. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Trump’s maga base isn’t leaving him and that’s 30-40% of gop electorate. In the primaries where it’s more of the base voting, going to be nearly impossible to beat Trump.

Now, if he wasn’t in it; it’s wide open. Desantis would be the favorite going in but you will have to see how he performs on the national stage. How does he handle being challenged in debates and national press? How he fares with Iowa and New Hampshire voters?

I think it's closer to 30% and going down..  That's why it's important to have as few people as possible in the primary.  

MagaKlan isn’t leaning to DeSantis for pragmatic/electability reasons, they’re leaning that way because he’s even more Nazi-esque/comically grotesque than Trump.  The Venezuelan migrant/Marthas vineyard fiasco was designed to demonstrate exactly that to the cross-burning masses and it worked like a charm.

Leopards don’t change their spots, and neither do neo-confederates who’ve had their brains scrambled by kremlin/QAnon disinformation.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You ain’t wrong but that’s just part of the story with Mitch. He’s the only reason they even resemble a party right now. Under different leadership they could just as easily eat each other on the senate floor. And not in the good way. 

In other words, the GOP could become the "Elon's Twitter" of political parties lol...

• Like 1

Trump is being Trumped. Basically an idiot being loved until they are not useful anymore, then thrown out with the trash. 

I hope McConnell is losing ground as well.

Maybe this whole election will send a message to the Rs to stop playing team games and to start focusing on the issues…but probably not.

If it does happen, we could call it post nut clarity.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This relates to my dream scenario. Tя☭mp and DeathSantis go hard at each other in the primaries and the latter ekes out the win after much ugliness and rancor. Then, either Tя☭mp runs as an independent just to schtup the Grand Oligarch’s Party or he doesn’t, but much of MAGAT world is pissed off at DeathSantis and either stays home or chooses their Lord and Savior via write-in vote. Most margins are so thin that if even 10% of MAGAT world does this, the Republics are cooked, probably up and down the ballot. 

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1