Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

45 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Plenty can change in that time. This week was supposed to be a slaughter, how'd that work out? The young voters are more informed than ever and can swing things big time!

Agreed.  If you told me in 2018 that GA would have two D Senators in 2020, I’d laugh at you.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Americans prefer fair elections and accepting results even when the lose...who knew???

Voters Reject Election Deniers Running to Take Over Elections https://nyti.ms/3EC7kwx

With Jim Marchant’s defeat by Cisco Aguilar in Nevada’s secretary of state race, all but one of the “America First” slate of candidates who espoused conspiracy theories about the 2020 election were defeated.

Their losses halted a plan by some allies of former President Donald J. Trump and other influential donors to take over the election apparatus in critical states before the 2024 presidential election. The “America First” candidates, and their explicitly partisan statements, had alarmed Democrats, independent election experts and even some Republicans, who feared that if they gained office, they could threaten the integrity of future elections.

Let's be fair to those who were worried they were going to try...they did try. 

Now let's be fair to the rest to the country, I'm not buying we're on the same page with how much of the GOP really wants to get rid of Democracy just so they can get what they want.  That is a high price to pay.

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

They can vote for all kinds of mountainous piles of ****, if they know that they won't actually pass, and they won't get stuck with the voters realizing what they did.  

Does this mid-term look like an election where voters don't realize what they are doing?

Edited by Renegade7

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Does this mid-term look like an election where voters don't realize what they are doing?

Absolutely. In many ways. 

Well, granted. There's a huge chunk who are perfectly aware of the evil they're doing, too. 

One of the worst things about my Democratic Party is they’re simply terrible at messaging. Now is the time to put together a platform and hammer it. Stop chasing after correcting wackadoos about, national anthem kneeling, CRT and dEfUnDiNg tHe pOlIcE and just hammer home what you want to do for the American people. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Absolutely. In many ways. 

Well, granted. There's a huge chunk who are perfectly aware of the evil they're doing, too. 

Yea, that clearly showed its face this week in the number of SoS election denier candidates that lost. 

Most folks don't want stole elections, GOP airmailed that plan out for everyone to see and got kicked in teeth for it despite Inflation being bad enough in a midterm they should've taken both chambers easily. 

Yea, they won the messaging war blaming democrats for Inflation, but folks didn't trust GOP to come in and fix it, either, fascinating ****.

And plenty of Conservatives I still talk to and close with don't forget them finally catching their tail on chance to final repeal Obamacare and didn't have balls to do it.  It's like the only thing GOP can pass when they have control of Congress is tax cuts, more going on in the country then just that that that alone can't fix.

Edited by Renegade7

17 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

One of the worst things about my Democratic Party is they’re simply terrible at messaging. Now is the time to put together a platform and hammer it. Stop chasing after correcting wackadoos about, national anthem kneeling, CRT and dEfUnDiNg tHe pOlIcE and just hammer home what you want to do for the American people. 

Democrats have always struggled with this. I'll never understand why they don't stand up more for their accomplishments and successful policies. 

I guess it's just lack of party leadership overall. DNC Chairman for example. Mayhaps a Beto or Stacey Abrams would now be more effective than Jamie Harrison idk. Unless of course they wanna move to new states n run for offices again. I'd suggest NC. 🤭

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

not to be a wet blanket but the 2024 and 2026 maps are awful. I don’t see how Dems have a Senate majority for the rest of the decade at least

You’re the first person I’ve seen mention this here, or on the news. That’s why I two thumbs upped your post. 

but it was a discussion election night where I was. The maps were not favorable but they will be next time. 

44 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I guess it's just lack of party leadership overall. DNC Chairman for example. Mayhaps a Beto or Stacey Abrams would now be more effective than Jamie Harrison idk. Unless of course they wanna move to new states n run for offices again. I'd suggest NC. 🤭

Yes. And the GenZ and Millennials who have saved this election, need prominent leaders who are not in their late 70s and 80s who can effectively carry support when it’s not the top of an election cycle. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Democrats have always struggled with this. I'll never understand why they don't stand up more for their accomplishments and successful policies. 

The democrats are always playing defense. They’re always chasing whatever stick the GOP throws off the porch like a good dog. 

remember when the Biden team suddenly changed their tactics? The overall response was “about time, more of this please”

They always wind up stuck on the losing end of Brandolini’s law

they need to go out there and set the narrative. They need to figure out how to be the ones saying things - and make the GOP the ones responding to things.  

the Biden team dipped their toes in it in the 6-8 months leading up to the midterms. They need to get more serious about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

On 11/12/2022 at 1:06 AM, The Sisko said:

Interesting that everything you mentioned is an "everyone else" issue while the mere possibility that your points might come across as showing you to be precisely the kind of Tя☭mp/Q user/enabler that most of the Grand Oligarch’s Party is.

I geek out to the strategy. Trying to figure out what’s actually going on and where it’s headed. I find the general discussion of what’s on cable news (or trending on twitter or whatever) mostly boring. 

i think the most significant thing going on right now is the GOP civil war. I think the people focused on senate and house seat count are missing the way more interesting story. 

im just another dude with a phone so I don’t pretend to have some info other done - but I do think I’m having a different discussion than most. 

I get why it seems like it’s me supporting the GOP. I promise I’m just glued to the internal civil war they’re having and I’m geeking out trying to figure it out 

but to that end: if you can’t respect me when I say that that is what I’m about, if you can’t meet me on that level, and instead want to go down this boring “you’re saying something something about the gop you’re just pretending you aren’t a trumper” route, then yeah that’s a you problem and I can’t do anything about it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Yes. And the GenZ and Millennials who have saved this election, need prominent leaders who are not in their late 70s and 80s who can effectively carry support when it’s not the top of an election cycle. 

pete-buttigieg-2000-ae8819d4b4214fb1878e

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

As an elder, I definitely want the younger generations stepping up for the country. I'm tired of voting for people my age and older. We need fresh, new ideas and people who will work for We the People and not corporations and the wealthy. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

100% agree. Who wants Schumer as the formal head for 2 more years in the Senate. ****, even he should recommend someone younger and the older folks can be given some kind of Emeritus/Ex Offico role so they can be "special" but not the outward facing leaders anymore. 

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

100% agree. Who wants Schumer as the formal head for 2 more years in the Senate. ****, even he should recommend someone younger and the older folks can be given some kind of Emeritus/Ex Offico role so they can be "special" but not the outward facing leaders anymore. 

The relative youth and non-token diversity of the Democratic Party needs to be presented as a strength to these voters. Mayor Pete, Jon Ossof, Katie Porter, AOC, Wes Moore, Brian Shatz,  Fetterman, BIG GRETCH, Beto, and now Maxwell Frost at 25 will be the first GenZ Congressman in January.

Imagine putting forth more and more candidates that Democrats enthusiastically want to vote for, not willing to vote for, because the alternative is authoritarianism or worse. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Imagine putting forth more and more candidates that Democrats enthusiastically want to vote for, not willing to vote for, because the alternative is authoritarianism or worse. 

I'm with you. And like I think I said here or in another thread. Train them how to speak cleanly and plainly. Even the ones that are already excellent. There is no reason to wait till election season for private mock debates. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1