Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

Dems take the senate!

reuters:

Democratic U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto has won re-election in Nevada, Edison Research projected on Saturday in a victory that guarantees the Senate will be controlled by Democrats in 2023.

Edited by MrSilverMaC
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 13

• Cooked Crack changed the title to Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. House still in the air. Red Tsunami? What is that? )
53 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Now we'll see if the GOP wants to spend any time, money, or other elected officials in Georgia. Walker does nothing for them but he's a Trump pick. Why would Desantis or Kemp use any of their political capital on him now? 

True, but we should still pour what we got to helping Ralph if for any reason to help limit what we went through with Mancin and Semina.  Having to keep both on board with everything was brutal, killed one of Bidens major bills that had to broken into pieces instead.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Considering how poor the gop did this cycle; you’d think the current leadership would get thrown out.  McConnell, McCarthy, Ronna McDaniel should be swept away. They failed miserably.

The rumors were the 🐢 was going to retire if they didn’t take the senate. He got the KY legislature to pass a law that strips the power away from the Dem governor to appoint his successor if he leaves before his term is up. 

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The rumors were the 🐢 was going to retire if they didn’t take the senate. He got the KY legislature to pass a law that strips the power away from the Dem governor to appoint his successor if he leaves before his term is up. 

Then how does the replacement happen if he retires?  Off cycle election?

12 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I can see the gop wooing both of them to flip. Won’t work with Joe but Kirsten can be swayed.

Considering how poor the gop did this cycle; you’d think the current leadership would get thrown out.  McConnell, McCarthy, Ronna McDaniel should be swept away. They failed miserably.

Folks like Mancin and Semina vote Dem most of the time, enough that flipping them isn't realistic. 

This conversation only shows up for major legislation that could impact how they are viewed by their constituents or other senators.

Joe isn't a republican, he's a sellout to the coal industry. Kristen isn't a republican, either, she's jus a sellout to whoever writes her the biggest check when they need something.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

Whether the gop takes the house or not; don’t expect a damn thing from the gop. They are under the directive of their master to **** things up as much as possible.  The want the economy to be in recession. The government default on their debts.  With the filibuster they can still block things in the senate. Graham or Cruz likely to do Trump’s bidding in the sauce.

If the gop do take the house, 100% doing Trump’s bidding.

• Thumb down 1

45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I hope we can keep this up going forward. 

not to be a wet blanket but the 2024 and 2026 maps are awful. I don’t see how Dems have a Senate majority for the rest of the decade at least. They have 8 vulnerable seats in 2024 and not a single flip chance with 3 of those nearly guaranteed losses in Montana, Ohio, and WVa. 

they need to make sweeping, monumental changes to voting rights and adding DC etc. not sure anything can really save them honestly 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

not to be a wet blanket but the 2024 and 2026 maps are awful. I don’t see how Dems have a Senate majority for the rest of the decade at least. They have 8 vulnerable seats in 2024 and not a single flip chance with 3 of those nearly guaranteed losses in Montana, Ohio, and WVa 

Plenty can change in that time. This week was supposed to be a slaughter, how'd that work out? The young voters are more informed than ever and can swing things big time!

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

not to be a wet blanket but the 2024 and 2026 maps are awful. I don’t see how Dems have a Senate majority for the rest of the decade at least. They have 8 vulnerable seats in 2024 and not a single flip chance with 3 of those nearly guaranteed losses in Montana, Ohio, and WVa. 

they need to make sweeping, monumental changes to voting rights and adding DC etc. not sure anything can really save them honestly 

Naw I know the outlook is bleak. Hope springs eternal, however. 

If nothing else Biden needs to lean into the youth vote. Don’t get me telling you what that means exactly, but very serious people seem to think that’s the only thing that can save us. 

We will see I guess. If nothing else, I can count on the Republicans to do their best to make it easier for us with horribly regressive ideas when they get the chance. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Larry said:

I'd say zero. 

Last time a Republican voted with the Dems, on a vote where his vote made a difference?  I think it was John McCain. 

January 6..... look where that got Cheney and the other Republicans that called January 6 what it actually was.

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Tester, Brown, and Mancin are mulit-term senators last re-elected in midterms, when GOP turnout is typical higher then Democrat.

I'd say they haven't gotten rid of them by now, I'm not buying them as locks to do so in 2024 during a presidential election.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

A gop controlled House has enough people who will do Trump’s bidding to muck things up. That’s all they gave to do, prevent anything the Dems pass in the senate.

You're backtracking.

They need all of them in line to block a vote with no pickoffs, not enough Trump loyalists to 100% prevent that. 

There's no 60% threshold for certain bills that don't directly effect the budget like Senate has.

There's a chance we bout to see a GOP house version of Semina and Mancin pop up in the next couple months, Semina blew up in notoriety once she realized she could kill major legislation by herself, don't think there's no Republicans in the House seriously considering that role and what comes with it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You're backtracking.

They need all of them in line to block a vote with not pickoffs, not enough Trump loyalists to 100% prevent that. 

There's no 60% threshold for certain bills that don't directly effect the budget like Senate has.

There's a chance we bout to see a GOP house version of Semina and Mancin pop up in the next couple months, Semina blew up in notoriety once she realized she could kill major legislation by herself, don't think there's no Republicans in the House seriously considering that role and what comes with it.

Given the craziness of the Trump humping Freedom Caucus, I could see some break off Republicans in purple districts that want to distinguish themselves. It didn’t work out for those who “betrayed” Trump and voted to impeach, but that was then and this is now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Really doubt it.  

A GOP House knows that they can pass anything, and be guaranteed that somebody else (Senate or Biden) will kill it.  

For example, they can go back to repealing Obamacare again.  

The only time the GOP didn't unanimously vote for doing that, was the one time where it would have actually passed, if they did.  

They can vote for all kinds of mountainous piles of ****, if they know that they won't actually pass, and they won't get stuck with the voters realizing what they did.