Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

2nd act? Wouldn’t it be 3rd act (if he gets cut/traded, which one could assume from his tweet)? Does ODBJ not know how to count?

2nd act could be a return to NY.  Or he's watching an early screening of the Snyder Cut.  That **** is 4 hours long!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

The Titans just released Adoree Jackson, and they released Malcolm Butler a week ago. I'm wondering if either will of interest to WFT.

Jackson is interesting. The Titans clearly did not want to guarantee his fifth year option (which they had exercised last year) after his knee injury. But there's definite upside. Has some similarities to Darby in terms of career trajectory.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't try, but players also have to come to the table.  Maybe WFT doesn't go there, IDK. 

Players don’t want to. They want to wait, get that option and blow up before they sign that fat extension. It’s the responsibility of the FO to recognize the talent on the team and try and get the best value they can. It’s a risk obviously because if the player doesn’t pan out it’s disastrous, but right now we have too many cooks in the kitchen and we’re waiting to re-sign our own players at their peak value.

Kevin Sheehan always says that there is no way that Allen doesnt get resigned, because he is the leader of the locker room. Allen is the epitome of the "Culture Guy" that Rivera LOVES. The same way Rivera didnt give a crap about paying Scherff 18Mill for one season because of Scherff being a leader, Rivera will make sure that Allen doesnt leave............

Sigh.......I'm all about the culture change, its obviously very much needed with this franchise on the field and in the front office. With that said, I really like Allen, this aint about him. But I hope we are not going to be paying B- players A+ player money, because they are great for the culture. And I hope we dont let A+ caliber players walk in favor of keeping B- caliber players who are great for the "culture".

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Kevin Sheehan always says that there is no way that Allen doesnt get resigned, because he is the leader of the locker room. Allen is the epitome of the "Culture Guy" that Rivera LOVES. The same way Rivera didnt give a crap about paying Scherff 18Mill for one season because of Scherff being a leader, Rivera will make sure that Allen doesnt leave............

Sigh....now with that said, Im all about the culture change, its obviously very much needed with this franchise on the field and in the front office. With that said, I really like Allen, this aint about him. But I hope we are not going to be paying B- players A+ player money, because they are great for the culture. And I hope we dont let A+ caliber players walk in favor of keeping B- caliber players who are great for the "culture".

So are you saying that...

DWv-TYqWAAQvvna.jpg

3 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Sigh....now with that said, Im all about the culture change, its obviously very much needed with this franchise on the field and in the front office. With that said, I really like Allen, this aint about him. But I hope we are not going to be paying B- players A+ player money, because they are great for the culture. And I hope we dont let A+ caliber players walk in favor of keeping B- caliber players who are great for the "culture".

When was the last time the team signed any player, particularly their own, for 4 years or longer?

9 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Sigh.......I'm all about the culture change, its obviously very much needed with this franchise on the field and in the front office. With that said, I really like Allen, this aint about him. But I hope we are not going to be paying B- players A+ player money, because they are great for the culture. And I hope we dont let A+ caliber players walk in favor of keeping B- caliber players who are great for the "culture".

Going to be a tough decision whether to give Allen the tag or Scherff his third tag. Lol.  Good thing Doctson helped them out some.

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

When was the last time the team signed any player, particularly their own, for 4 years or longer?

My post is not about having a gripe about resigning people. More so about what goes into deciding who stays and who goes. I'm just saying, I hope we dont pay J. Allen Reggie White money just to keep him because he's a "culture guy"

Funny to listen to NFL Network just now hearing from a reporter who covers the Packers hype up now that they have Joe Barry they are going to really go after the QB -- pressure.

We heard the same thing about Manusky when he was hired, Barry, etc -- every coordinator in real time pledges they will be more aggressive than their predecessor. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

So if Rivera is a Big Sherff fan, will he be signing a LTD soon?. 

36 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Yea I forgot we traded up.

He'll have a 5th year option. 

I assume one o these guys will play hardball for a new contract if they perform this year. 

I doubt it. There is nothing that hurts your value more than holding out on your rookie contract. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Funny to listen to NFL Network just now hearing from a reporter who covers the Packers hype up now that they have Joe Barry they are going to really go after the QB -- pressure.

The Packers have Barry?  As what?  I could look this up but I figure SIP knows all and why would I bother...