Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

9 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I've always respected your takes on all things Redskins. But I have to disagree on your take.  Scherff is light yrs better than dockery. Is this really a debate?

Not entirely, but I don't think Scherrf is a great guard. I think his hype exceeds his play. His injuries are too many. He's had down years where he was quite mediocre for pretty much the entire season.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

if Golladay doesn't know who Taylor Heineken is now, he either didn't watch the GOAT play his first ever playoff game for an NFC team or he found a way to huff propofol while watching it.  Either way, I'd be concerned.

Concerned that a WR doesn't know all about a UDFA QB who started one game and hasn't even been on an NFL team since 2018? I was obviously exaggerating in my comment, but I seriously doubt a WR like Golladay is watching the ins and outs of Taylor Heinicke's career or would be especially stoked about potentially playing with him over any other rando QB.

Heinicke looked good, especially considering he came in off the street, but it's not like he put on some insane air spectacle and threw for 5 TDs. Our QB situation is incredibly tenuous right now and any FA WR will be quite aware of that, as well as the fact that we're being pretty open about actively looking for an upgrade at the position over what we have.

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

:ols:

Rivera: "You should come play here. I promise you that Taylor Heinicke will be your QB."

Golladay: "Great.........."

Rivera: "....."

Golladay: "....."

Rivera: "You have no idea who he is, do you?"

Golladay: "None."

Eh. I think Scherff is a little bit overrated (I thought he had a very good 2020 but I was still surprised by 1st team All-Pro) and I liked Dock, but IMO it's hard to say that Scherff isn't an overall better player. Dock was super solid and super dependable but he was never really a top 5 Guard like Scherff is right now.

Dock also jumped offsides 3 times a game

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Not entirely, but I don't think Scherrf is a great guard. I think his hype exceeds his play. His injuries are too many. He's had down years where he was quite mediocre for pretty much the entire season.

IMO, you've hit on the problem we run into when people start trying to "rank" Scherff among the best Guards. He's out a lot, like 1/3 of the time. But he's been hampered for what seems like at least an equal amount of time. He's very good when healthy, but how often is that, really?

Again, when healthy, he ranks pretty high. I would certainly put Nelson and DeCastro above him. Maybe he's third, but look at how many candidates for that rank there are- Scherff, Martin, Brooks, Thuney, Mason, Bitonio, Teller, Marpet, Peat, Jenkins. The difference between the 3rd and the 12th best or so isn't really that great. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Can we convince a top tier wr that we will have a manageable qb and we just plan to win with our defense anyway?

Not a chance in hell.  WR’s care about their stats more than any position hands down.  Money comes first, but the ability to produce stats is a close second.  If we have two mediocre to terrible QB’s fighting for the starting job, that will severely hinder our chances to attract top offensive talent, and it might cause us to overpay for someone who wouldn’t come to WFT otherwise.

We might be shocked this upcoming week at what we offer to lesser WR’s just to compete with other teams.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mooka said:

Not in the fantasy football era of the NFL.

I dont get it

9 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Not a chance in hell.  WR’s care about their stats more than any position hands down.  Money comes first, but the ability to produce stats is a close second.  If we have two mediocre to terrible QB’s fighting for the starting job, that will severely hinder our chances to attract top offensive talent, and it might cause us to overpay for someone who wouldn’t come to WFT otherwise.

We might be shocked this upcoming week at what we offer to lesser WR’s just to compete with other teams.

NFL sucks now

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

Another thing to remember that those stats also aren't just about ego...they will directly impact the WR's next contract as well (this is assuming a guy who's in the 24-28 year old range or so). If they're thinking a 2-3 years ahead they may look at a situation with a poor or iffy QB situation and worry about how it could affect their career trajectory.

It may not necessarily be the first priority on their list, but it's definitely going to be in the mix.

Agholor has some shades of Brandon Lloyd to him that I don’t like, putting it all together in a contract year like that on tons of big plays. I won’t go as far as to say he’s a Terelle Pryor level fake, but I certainly don’t 100% trust his breakout and that he can play at that level all the time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

How about Randy Thomas?  Scherff seems to whiff once a game.  And gives up a little to much ground in pass pro I believe.  I would be afraid that a line that overachieved last year would potentially collapse without Scherff so I'm good with keeping him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Trying to find the time legal tampering can begin on Monday, 3/15.  is it 12:01am?  Can't find an official time just date which is this upcoming Monday.

Teams are allowed to negotiate with the agents of upcoming unrestricted free agents during the "Two Day Negotiating Period," a 48-hour window prior to the start of free agency (in 2021: from 4 p.m. ET on March 15 until 4 p.m. ET on March 17). Self-represented players ("Unrepresented Player") can now speak with members of team front offices (but not coaching staffs) during this period, which was previously prohibited.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Teams are allowed to negotiate with the agents of upcoming unrestricted free agents during the "Two Day Negotiating Period," a 48-hour window prior to the start of free agency (in 2021: from 4 p.m. ET on March 15 until 4 p.m. ET on March 17). Self-represented players ("Unrepresented Player") can now speak with members of team front offices (but not coaching staffs) during this period, which was previously prohibited.

Thanks as always, 74.  So 4pm on Monday.  :)

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Sorry you have to wait up so late.  The 3 I hope we get and in this order:  Jayon Brown, Jonnu Smith, Curtis Samuel.   You?

To be honest 9pm fits better, work finished, kids sorted, feet up time on ES tracking the news.

Yep those 3 are high on my wish list. Also swayed onto JuJu as my #1 receiver pick. Either way, think we go in heavy pursuit of playmakers early in FA. Lots of options. I think we’ll see a move at DB if Darby isn’t back. Also keen to see what happens to Norwell from Jax.

Then we have QB. Must be #1 priority so could get interesting to say the least.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

To be honest 9pm fits better, work finished, kids sorted, feet up time on ES tracking the news.

Yep those 3 are high on my wish list. Also swayed onto JuJu as my #1 receiver pick. Either way, think we go in heavy pursuit of playmakers early in FA. Lots of options. I think we’ll see a move at DB if Darby isn’t back. Also keen to see what happens to Norwell from Jax.

Yes, got to figure or at least hope Fitzpatrick is the QB RR has in mind.  If not, then I'm all in on Jones in the draft.  His smarts and ball placement along with being a leader are why I am high on him.  Not the physical traits but those things that I mentioned.  :)  It's 5:18 EST here in West Virginia, my friend.  Talk to you later today/tonight.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, got to figure or at least hope Fitzpatrick is the QB RR has in mind.  If not, then I'm all in on Jones in the draft.  His smarts and ball placement along with being a leader are why I am high on him.  Not the physical traits but those things that I mentioned.  :)  It's 5:18 EST here in West Virginia, my friend.  Talk to you later today/tonight.  

I still think we could be waiting on the Mariota situation to unfold...

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Isn't Norwell a LG? I thought Schweitzer played very well at LG last year. I'm still fuming at giving Scherff 18m (a 3rd of our available Cap Space), and we are only 36 hours away from legal tampering and we have absolutely no idea who we are going to try and sign, oh how times have changed buddy.