Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

shift their focus to one particular specific rather mundane skill.  

This got me thinking. It may be a mundane skill, but it's a productive one, when it comes to scoring.

And therefore, I think long snappers should get credit for every Extra Point, and every FG.

Give them stats, including scoring, and credit them a full 3 points for every FG, and a whole point for every PAT.

The ones with the highest numbers would give you a relatively somewhat accurate idea of who some of the best LSers are.

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Going from Brees to Winston is certainly a step in the wrong direction.

Of course, it would have seemed nearly impossible for them to have kept Brees under the cap. They might not even be able to afford Winston.

All of which would seem to indicate something about their cap situation...... hang on, I'll get back to you if I figure out what.

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This got me thinking. It may be a mundane skill, but it's a productive one, when it comes to scoring.

And therefore, I think long snappers should get credit for every Extra Point, and every FG.

Give them stats, including scoring, and credit them a full 3 points for every FG, and a whole point for every PAT.

The ones with the highest numbers would give you a relatively somewhat accurate idea of who some of the best LSers are.

I like it.  But how many would you get docked for mess ups, like the giants guy who came out of retirement in the playoffs vs the niners.  That's gotta be -1000 points.

One day we will be drafting a long snapper in fantasy football.  Sundberg would be a nice sleeper.

• Like 1

On FA options ; they have Darby as the 33rd best FA, overall. Trent WIlliams is #1, overall.

Fitzpatrick is the #2 rated QB. That gives you an idea of the quality of supply, in the QB market.

We need to take all of that cap money we got, and throw it at Barrett, the #2, overall on the list. Then, throw some at Jonnu Smith, or Hunter Henry.

They have Golladay at #7, overall. I don't think I've heard his name mentioned at all.

Immediately after posting that last sentence, I stumble upon JLC connecting Golladay to Washington. Ha

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2021-who-are-the-best-players-available

Rank
Ronald Darby
Ronald Darby
CB · Age: 27

It feels like Darby is available in free agency every season. I usually rate him higher than the market does and finally felt justified after he ranked 12th out of 79 qualifiers in PFF’s 2020 cornerback grades.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Of course, it would have seemed nearly impossible for them to have kept Brees under the cap. They might not even be able to afford Winston.

All of which would seem to indicate something about their cap situation...... hang on, I'll get back to you if I figure out what.

They’ll be fine

Couple of nice veteran options at LT if they make it past the initial wave of free agency..

Riley Reiff

OT · Age: 32

The Vikings were seemingly always looking to upgrade from Reiff, but he’s started 119 of a possible 128 games over the last eight seasons (including 58 of 64 in Minnesota), mostly at left tackle. He’ll find a starting job.

Alejandro Villanueva

OT · Age: 32

It looks like the Steelers are ready to move on from Villanueva, which is a red flag because the Steelers are nothing if not loyal.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So we can assume that the illegal tampering period is in full force this weekend. Must start to get some tangible links filtering out today and tomorrow. 

Actually, legal tampering starts on Monday. Which is 2 days before the start of Free Agency on Wednesday the 17th.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Just seen that the Bills re-signed Daryl Williams, 3 years 28mil. What a solid move, really wanted him last year, ex Carolina too. Bills doing great business the last couple of days.

Yup, Brandon Beane killing it by not letting these talents reach FA. Both guys received decent deals. Williams was on a prove it deal, proved it and was rewarded.

I was hoping this is what would have occurred with Scherff and Darby. To me Scherff was botched, they really had 2 years to come up with a deal. I get it if Darby thinks more highly of himself than the team. They should have given both their best offer and let them hit FA knowing we wanted him and to come back if you don't get a better offer unless we move to get your replacement.

• Like 1

Beane is also benefitting from the team’s success, retaining coaches this offseason, and having a franchise QB. They have a window right now, everyone knows it, and players want to be a part of it. That’s what the WFT is aspiring to. 🙂

Living in the WNY area, and listening to Buffalo sports talk radio for many years (Sabres), I’ve always thought of the Bills as our AFC brother. Our trajectories are so similar. So one can hope.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Beane is also benefitting from the team’s success, retaining coaches this offseason, and having a franchise QB. They have a window right now, everyone knows it, and players want to be a part of it. That’s what the WFT is aspiring to. 🙂

Living in the WNY area, and listening to Buffalo sports talk radio for many years (Sabres), I’ve always thought of the Bills as our AFC brother. Our trajectories are so similar. So one can hope.

Nice! As a fellow upstater I am with you and hope we can be in a similar position or better by next season!

While there were some tremendous moved in FA last year, it has been so frustrating to go through the TW, Kirk and now Scherff saga's. None have been handled well

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We better not let my main man walk for nothing!

33 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I don't know if it's from growing up with those 90's Bills teams (and always being a fan of the late 80's/90's AFC in general) and how incredible they were or what, but the Bills are just easy to pull for. Great fan base in a small market. Tough team. Always liked the Bills.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Listening to Cooley about FAs

His favorite receiver is Golladay but he suspects he won’t want to come here.

His next favorite is Corey Davis.

He suspects we end up with Curtis Samuel. And he does like him.

He loves Hunter Henry. He likes Jonnu Smith and Gerald Everett.  He thinks the offense is TE friendly and TEs should like that.

He really likes Ertz if he became available.

He seems eager to add both a Wr and a TE in FA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Rank
Ronald Darby
Ronald Darby
CB · Age: 27

It feels like Darby is available in free agency every season. I usually rate him higher than the market does and finally felt justified after he ranked 12th out of 79 qualifiers in PFF’s 2020 cornerback grades.

Got to wonder if Darby is after too much cash. Quite a few CBs on the market as ever. Any views on Ahkello Witherspoon from the 9ers?

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Cooley about FAs

His next favorite is Corey Davis.

He suspects we end up with Curtis Samuel. And he does like him.

He loves Hunter Henry. He likes Jonnu Smith and Gerald Everett.  He thinks the offense is TE friendly and TEs should like that.

He really likes Ertz if he became available.

He seems eager to add both a Wr and a TE in FA.

I like Davis too.  Think he’s an excellent compliment to McLaurin.  Sometimes we look at guys and evaluate them against their draft position.  Davis has underperformed for a top 5(?) pick.  But he’s really good, has improved, and has been a productive second option which would be his role here.

Give me Davis, JSmith, and Anthony Walker.  Along with a Darby return and a competent third QB, I’d be happy.

• Like 2

Cooley also a big fan of Jayon Brown, considers him a complete LB. he also mentioned KJ Wright but didn’t elaborate why.

He thought our QB situation might scare some of the top of the line WRs specifically in terms of Golladay. Sheehan mentioned that the Rams probably figure out something funky with the cap and sign Golladay. Cooley goes if so the Rams go to the SB.

Cooley thinks this team is an easier sell for TEs because we throw the ball to TEs a lot. So they can put up numbers here.

Cooley sees adding a TE as a need and would rather get a less accomplished Wr if that helps add both a TE and a WR. 

I personally feel the same way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley also a big fan of Jayon Brown, considers him a complete LB. he also mentioned KJ Wright but didn’t elaborate why.

He thought our QB situation might scare some of the top of the line WRs specifically in terms of Golladay. Sheehan mentioned that the Rams probably figure out something funky with the cap and sign Golladay. Cooley goes if so the Rams go to the SB.

Brown getting some traction, much like Jonnu Smith. Both are getting very well paid soon..

Golladay to the Rams, yep can see that. They’ve parked the draft for now, so I could see another aggressive move to push them further over the top.

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

Nah. Scherrf is not close to Russ Grimm.

that still leaves second best as possible.  The only other guys worth mentioning are May, McKenzie and Schlereth.  And of them Schlereth was the only one who wasn't more valuable for his versatility

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can totally understand his concern...

Uncertainty at the QB position...

He doesn't even know who will be throwing him the ball...

He is waiting, to be 100% certain that it's Taylor Heinicke that will be tossing him the ball. And noone else but Heinicke.

Clearly he's nervous at the prospect that Rivera might draft a QB in the first round, or spend a lot on a FA QB or trade.

Which would likely nullify Heinicke getting a fair shake.

He wants guarantees from Rivera, that "Heinicke will be his man"