Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Jenkins was ranked 29th out of 94 in his position by Pro Football Focus

Jenkins, the team’s fourth-round pick of the 2017 NFL draft, recently turned 27 years old. Still relatively young, he has shown that he can be counted on in the starting role.

Given the fact that Nasir Adderley struggled in the single-high role last season, Jenkins is a candidate to start there next season after proving his worth at the spot in 2019.

While he’s improved each season, his tackling still leaves a little bit to be desired. With the new coaching staff, it’s correctable.

But what remains to be seen is if head coach Brandon Staley wants to be the one who maximizes his skillset or if he’d rather roll with someone who’s already familiar with his system like John Johnson to pair with James.

The likelihood of him returning is moderate. My prediction is that the Bolts will re-sign him to a three-year deal worth $21 million.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/02/2021-free-agency-what-will-chargers-do-with-safety-rayshawn-jenkins/

• Like 1

After spending the beginning of his career as an outlier in the secondary, Jenkins was a key contributor at both safety spots and as the team’s dime backer, especially during the absence of Derwin James the past two seasons.

In 2019, Jenkins led the team in defensive snaps, posting a career-high in interceptions (3). In 2020, he finished second in tackles (84) while amassing four passes defended, two interceptions, and a sack.

After two consecutive seasons of strong play, Jenkins is worth being re-signed. However, the reason why he might not be back next season is because head coach Brandon Staley could be choosing to build his secondary with players that fit his scheme, hence the reason to let go of Hayward.

Only time will tell.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/14/chargers-rayshawn-jenkins-appears-to-be-hinting-at-free-agency-move/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He wasn't that bad in Philly.  It was just his last year there was a bad year including the drops.  The two previous years he came just short of 100 catches each year with about a 65% catch rate which is really good.

Am I misunderstanding you here? He never came close to 100 catches with the Eagles, never mind two season in a row. 

Separately, because obviously Agholor isn’t “premier”:

Imo we aren’t going to get premier FA’s here. Rivera and his FO haven’t shown they will offer competitive guaranteed money in those contracts. To be fair we only have Cooper to go off of so far, last year. Fuller wasn’t that type of signing. But I’d be surprised if we get any player who is considered at the top of their position. And not just because they’d prefer to go to a contender or would prefer a team with a good QB—I don’t think we’ll offer a competitive amount of guaranteed money to entice those types. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Really good college player.  He turned into a different guy in LV.  Touted for his leadership, too.    He wasn't that bad in Philly.  It was just his last year there was a bad year including the drops.  The two previous years he came just short of 100 catches each year with about a 65% catch rate which is really good.

If we don't want to break the bank on a receiver, he'd be IMO one of the better gets.  He's a real deep threat.  Can play slot or Z. 

Agholors most catches in a season is 64. That was 2018 in Philly?

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Am I misunderstanding you here? He never came close to 100 catches with the Eagles, never mind two season in a row. 

We aren’t going to get premier FA’s here. Rivera and his FO haven’t shown they will offer competitive guaranteed money in those contracts. To be fair we only have Cooper to go off of so far, last year. Fuller isn’t that type of player. But I’d be surprised if we get any player who is considered at the top of their position. 

This is a solid case this year.  More likely to add second tier offensive pieces but get more talented FA for the D.  The case for higher graded talent on offense would be more likely when they get a solid season from an unproven or questionable QB position. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

Have no clue of your NFL/football background,

Just curious and always up for more information and perspective. 

I'm just a fan too and being overopinionated.  To a degree, I'm playing devil's advocate on this Scherrf talk especially when comparing him to Randy Thomas or Derick Dockery. I do think Scherrf is good, but it just seems to me that he isn't QB money good.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agholors most catches in a season is 64. That was 2018 in Philly?

You are right 62, and 64 catches those seasons, 700 plus yards both seasons.  I looked quickly at the stats and repeated the targets not catches. 

Big play guy, almost 900 yards last year, 18.7 YPA. 

Not saying he's my top want but if we want to spend under 10 million a year at WR because we want to spend elsewhere, he's one of my favorite 2nd tier types in this class.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Separately, because obviously Agholor isn’t “premier”:

I misread the stat.  Sorry.  I quickly looked at his stats and read targets instead of catches.  

My point in short was he came into his own with the Raiders.  He was a good player in college.  Some deem him being a big failure with Philly.  My point on that was its hyperbole to some extent.  He had a bad season his last one there.  The two ones prior he had 60 plus catches, 65% plus catch rate, 700 yards.  Those aren't disaster stats.  It's decent. 

He had almost 900 yards last year.  18.7 YPA is sick.  He was a genuine big play guy with really good wheels.  And to me for someone who liked him before that draft it wasn't a big shock.  He was a really good college player.   Maybe I am biased because I happened to watch some of his big games last year. 

It's a tough argument to make.  It's like me touting Mariota on the qb thread.  I get slammed by some for the position.  But for me, it's not because i think Mariota is anything special but if we are shopping in a particular aisle of the store -- he'd be one of my favs in that aisle.

I am the guy here who might have touted the Tiffany's of the WRs here price wise, Golladay the most.  So I am all cool with going hard at that position.  But if they don't go that heavy, Agholor is one of my favs in the category of guys that likely get under 10 million. 

As I said last week if I had to take a FA approach to upgrading receiving weapons, I'd rather sign a Te like Jonnu Smith and go cheaper at WR to help make that happen.  Cooley actually said the other day on a podcast he sees it that way too.  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Jenkins sounds like a great fit and in tune with Ron style. 

Agholor is okay. I like Cory Davis better, as well as Marvin Jones and even Juju

I like Corey Davis and Juju better too but they are likely more expensive -- 10 million plus.  I'd put them in the first tier money guys. 

Agholor I think get less.  2nd tier.   But will see.   

Marvin Jones I think would be around Agholor's money.  I like Jones.  I am just a little gun shy to sign WRs who are over 30.  He's not as much of a big play guy as Agholor but he's steadier. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Marvin Jones I think would be around Agholor's money.  I like Jones.  I am just a little gun shy to sign WRs who are over 30.  He's not as much of a big play guy as Agholor but he's steadier. 

I get it and you are probably correct but I can't help it, I think he is one of the best available and won't be top $. Would be great to have the young guys work with and learn (Henry Ellard)

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

I get it and you are probably correct but I can't help it, I think he is one of the best available and won't be top $. Would be great to have the young guys work with and learn (Henry Ellard)

I am not opposed to Marvin Jones.   I am running with what Keim seems to think that they are more likely looking for a big play WR with speed.  If so that would fit Agholor more so than Marvin.  Marvin does have some wheels but not as much a big play guy as Agholor.   But if Jones is cheap that one would be cool with me.  I'd be surprised considering his age.  But you never know. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am the guy here who might have touted the Tiffany's of the WRs here price wise, Golladay the most.

Their approach to FA is shopping around for quality deals and then splurging hard on one (maybe two) guys.

I think Outside WR is in their splurge hard category.  It was last year.  So I'm expecting them to throw the bank at Golladay.  With Godwin out, I don't think they give over 10 a year to anyone else.

I'm expecting our offer to Golladay to be close to 20.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not opposed to Marvin Jones.   I am running with what Keim seems to think that they are more likely looking for a big play WR with speed.  If so that would fit Agholor more so than Marvin.  Marvin does have some wheels but not as much a big play guy as Agholor.   But if Jones is cheap that one would be cool with me.  I'd be surprised considering his age.  But you never know. 

Oh I hear you. I do not expect to at a 31 year old. IMO he is the better player. 

• Like 1